What's new

Captain cold crossup?

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Did you record Cold doing this and try to block it yourself?

I know with other characters during hit stun if they are staggering backwards and you hit them from behind the cross up notification pops up but it's not really a cross up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Its not a hard crossup and also not really a hard to blockable. I just held back on wakeup, blocked the icicle and the ice freeze didn't hit.

Edit: That's not to say it is useless. Icicle is plus a ton on block.

Last edited:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
As I said in the general discussion, I doubt it matters. If they're blocking low it's an overhead and is going to hit anyway. If they're holding back then they'll walk backwards so it won't be a cross up. *IF* you could get it to hit meaty though it might be a gimmick (i.e. they wouldn't have time to move).

I was in training mode and I seen this. Just wanted to post it here to get your guys opinion because it's super weird you would get a crossup. CaptainC never changed sides.

I was looking for strings that would allow you to cancel icecicle and it would hit them when they woke up.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Okay so I've been doing this since day 1. This won't work if they tech roll unless you specifically read that they'll tech cause you control where it falls. This in the corner can get ridiculous against Ivy if you got the bar for the puddle. The puddle also makes them cautious when approaching. You can probably waste a bar on the roll instead of the puddle if you're really trying to do a cross up, haven't tried it myself though.