What's new

Match-up Discussion Capt.O2's Lobo MU Chart [Updated 1/19\15)

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
That's how I felt when I played against Insayne and Tom Brady at civil war, half the time I got a life lead from knocking them down and just sat away with my trait. But since then Tom has said that Water sheild helps out a lot in the MU so I gotta play it again.
Aqua's neutral and keepaway game are great even without FTD. FTD should only be used on reaction to lobo's reload which I'm sure you wouldn't just throw out blindly. Your jump is hella floaty so a good aqua player will look for your other options to get in which aqua has answers to. Water shield honestly isn't a god send in the mu but it's an option. He can't wake up with anything if i'm in it or lobo will eat 40 plus. Idk man, after playing with digit a 100 plus games I'm not all that scared about grapplers with guaranteed cmd grabs. Just means that aqua has to play perfect and beat the opponent in neutral lol which is doable because aqua's normals are too good

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I agree with you, but @oP Twist isn't saying "hey this mu is even because ______" and everyones saying "lul go to offline furst fgt". He's just asking if Oxygen played a nw before. I'll take valid reasons over "yo play this guy and you'll realize I'm right"
No i want to see if he has played a nightwing at his level because oxygen could have just outplayed the nightwings he played not the matchup

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
No i want to see if he has played a nightwing at his level because oxygen could have just outplayed the nightwings he played not the matchup
1st off Murk is not on his level, and 2nd that's not how MU numbers are determined. It's characters tools and how they deal with the other characters tools. If I beat a Sinestro player 10-0 that doesn't make the MU any better, I just played it better then he did.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with Zatanna. Both are pretty fun to play as well.
As WW on knockdown it's a hell to deal with Lobo as Wonder Woman, and her oki doesn't work at all because of his great hook charge wake up. I think Wonder Woman is arguably 5-5

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
1st off Murk is not on his level, and 2nd that's not how MU numbers are determined. It's characters tools and how they deal with the other characters tools. If I beat a Sinestro player 10-0 that doesn't make the MU any better, I just played it better then he did.
Thats why you would have to play the MU with multiple people so that a variety of tools and knowledge are shown... That adds to Twist's point that an MU isn't based off how you did vs 1 person.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Thats why you would have to play the MU with multiple people so that a variety of tools and knowledge are shown... That adds to Twist's point that an MU isn't based off how you did vs 1 person.
your post doesn't make any sense

I never said that a MU was based off of how you did vs one person, I said it's determined by character tools and how they fight eachother.

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
your post doesn't make any sense

I never said that a MU was based off of how you did vs one person, I said it's determined by character tools and how they fight eachother.
Thats basically what twist said by saying play more nightwings that know the mu... You disagreed with what he said then said the same thing just reworded.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
maaan fuck this character lobo. dude just dashes under fear blast.. he fuckin gets me in the corner and It's a fucking 50/50 for %50. he also has that wack ass chain. like who tf thought to give lobo a chain in this game, i've never hated a chain so much in my life. lobo also has trait which pretty much spells out fuck you. when i see a lobo load trait I think to myself, omg you asshole can't we just have a fair well balanced match. lobo is a bounty hunter who at the age 17 he created a plague just to kill everyone else on his planet like what villan does that. oh and I agree with your analysis even sounds about right.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
i'd like to grind the mmh matchup with you, i've always felt martian has a slight advantage due to his zoning ability
I haven't really grinded out the mmh mu. I've played some with jupiter but not much. Lol I wish the system we played on at ECT had lobo, instead of you playing my fraud shazam :p

Sami

Noob
Raven
When Lobo has trait Raven can't soul crush and has to stick to her high projectile. When Raven is traited up, her standard Pillar -> Pillar or Pillar -> Trait Grab frame trap doesn't actually work against Lobo's GDLK forward dash. Lobo's really strong in the mid range and destroys Raven on wakeup, Just play patiently and don't let Raven get away with any shenanigans and your good.
It might just be the way you wrote it, but the dash trap isn't a 50/50 between pillar-pillar or pillar-trait grab, but pillar-pillar or pillar-soul crush (the trait grab is Event Horizon). With pillar being 0 on block, the 13 frame Soul Crush will catch most forward dashes. I have no idea if Lobo's forward dash avoids the Soul Crush, but if you're testing it with Event Horizon then that move has almost identical start-up to pillar (+- 1 frame, I forget which way) and is not her dash trap.

The MU is probably still shit though (it's one of the few I've almost zero experience with).

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think you are highly underrating how hard the Superman matchup is. Lasers give you no time to get a free trait load, and even once you have it, if he jumps a trait shot he can whiff punish with air laser. He's so strong inside too that it's ridiculous.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
maaan fuck this character lobo. dude just dashes under fear blast.. he fuckin gets me in the corner and It's a fucking 50/50 for %50. he also has that wack ass chain. like who tf thought to give lobo a chain in this game, i've never hated a chain so much in my life. lobo also has trait which pretty much spells out fuck you. when i see a lobo load trait I think to myself, omg you asshole can't we just have a fair well balanced match. lobo is a bounty hunter who at the age 17 he created a plague just to kill everyone else on his planet like what villan does that. oh and I agree with your analysis even sounds about right.
You should play against Ghost Rider in UMVC3 I think you will hate that chain more. :p

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
Lulzlou was the best NW hands down, wtf if anyone talking about here? If he didnt retire NW would be a mainstay top 16 on east coast. INB4 Elder scrolls online took his soul.

I grow tired of your shit posting. No need to have all that complaining to be funny just to say you agree with a match up.
I think you are highly underrating how hard the Superman matchup is. Lasers give you no time to get a free trait load, and even once you have it, if he jumps a trait shot he can whiff punish with air laser. He's so strong inside too that it's ridiculous.
This. It's hard to get in on Superman in my opinion.

And for the debate of Lobo vs Nightwing, I also say 6-4. Lobo does what Nightwing does but better in my opinion. With trait, we can dominate the mid range game, and we have better neutral and footsie tools. Wingdings is a double edged sword in this match up because it can get punished for 28%, or you might even have to take 6% chip. And that's nothing to scoff at. Night wings wake ups get blown up bad by lobo with neutral jump. Nightwing can basically do the same, but lobo does more damage, and has a dangerous 33/33/33.

If played right, and on point, Nightwing can still win.

Last edited:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I grow tired of your shit posting. No need to have all that complaining to be funny just to say you agree with a match up.

This. It's hard to get in on Superman in my opinion.

And for the debate of Lobo vs Nightwing, I also say 6-4. Lobo does what Nightwing does but better in my opinion. With trait, we can dominate the mid range game, and we have better neutral and footsie tools. Wingdings is a double edged sword in this match up because it can get punished for 28%, or you might even have to take 6% chip. And that's nothing to scoff at. Night wings wake ups get blown up bad by lobo with neutral jump. Nightwing can basically do the same, but lobo does more damage, and a dangerous 33/33/33.

If played right, and on point, Nightwing can still win.
from the right height, NW wingdings can't be punished though, and it isn't even that hard to space

I haven't really grinded out the mmh mu. I've played some with jupiter but not much. Lol I wish the system we played on at ECT had lobo, instead of you playing my fraud shazam :p
playing decay online i feel so comfortable zoning in that fight because lobos dash is quite mediocre in recovery

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I will agree with the Bane matchup number. I need to play it more, but @JustPressingButtons and I have played it a few times, and I have won convincingly. Lobo doesn't seem to have many options vs Bane, and the knockdown game is a nightmare for Lobo.

Captain Oxygen

Yeah I've played some casuals with KDZ and it feels tough but I'm not too sure how bad the match it is.

I probably need to play it more but his zoning doesn't feel too bad.

Captain Oxygen

Aqua's neutral and keepaway game are great even without FTD. FTD should only be used on reaction to lobo's reload which I'm sure you wouldn't just throw out blindly. Your jump is hella floaty so a good aqua player will look for your other options to get in which aqua has answers to. Water shield honestly isn't a god send in the mu but it's an option. He can't wake up with anything if i'm in it or lobo will eat 40 plus. Idk man, after playing with digit a 100 plus games I'm not all that scared about grapplers with guaranteed cmd grabs. Just means that aqua has to play perfect and beat the opponent in neutral lol which is doable because aqua's normals are too good
Honestly I dont feel the need to jump in this Match Up, and I was thinking, isn't Water Shield unsafe? I know it has a limit of 3 seconds and you can hit him if he dash cancels it/lets it run out right? And I know Aquaman doesn't need to FTD, but for Lobo it just feels like the Mid Range game is heavily in my favor.

And to twist and kentucky, I seriously do not care how many Nightwings you tell me to fight (since you keep telling me to play a different one everytime I talk to you guys...). I care about what your points on the match up are, actually why you don't think Lobo wins.

I've made my case as to why it's 6-4, multiple others have stated their perspectives on the MU. Lemme hear why you think otherwise...
And also, If nightwing tries to do wingdings are a height he's safe, isn't that low enough for Lobo to do a preemptive J1?

Also I plan on going to Summer Jam, I hope to run sets with Wonder Woman, Bane, Doomsday, Sinestro, MMH, Cyborg and Aqua there to get a better grasp on those matchups.