What's new

Capcom on Turning Down Mortal Kombat Collaboration: "SF Character in MK is not a Good Fit"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah.... no. MK has issues with female faces, and lets not even mention the janky animations. It's getting better, but far from ever touching the best looking SF game.
Ehh disagree there past couple of NRS games are fine, at first sure NRS had some trouble years ago no denying that but last few games blow out any SF game proportionally and face wise with the females. All the SF females have that same anime looking face, I get the art style but literally Cammy and Chun Li look the same with different colored eyes and hair. Then there's the disproportionate bodies like the hands and feet are gigantic bigger than their heads, it's a bit off. Kitana and Sonya however look way different from one another if you compare their faces and they use the face scan tech now which is even better. A lot of it is also preference with people too, I personally like the photorealistic look over the bigger eyed anime face style.

Vega aint vain or beauty obsessed "just cause"... he's obsessed with beauty because his own mother, who was a very beautiful woman, was murdered by his ugly stepfather. Beauty came to represent heroism and ugliness represents cowardice. He definitely has some sort of PTSD due to this traumatic event which triggers his hatred for anything ugly.

As for the story, MK just keeps rebooting the timeline and doing the same shit. Its tiring. SF isnt better (story was never their focus, but gameplay), but MK has definitely dropped the ball with MKX and MK11. No fighting game will ever have a better story the the original MK timeline though - although I'll give the Orochi saga in KOF some props.
I know, I own most(if not all of the MK comics actually I just need one literally the Mk 2 tie in that's insanely rare) but I have a ton of SF comics as well, I vaguely remember that. I was just saying Vega and most SF characters "bios" are kind of stale and generic compared to a lot of MK characters. I was also going off the anime as well(which was way more canon accurate than the movie lol) where Chun Li kicks him in the face and he flips out over it "my face, what did you do to my beautiful face you bitch!!" lol Perhaps the comics gives the reader more empathy and makes you feel more bad for him than the games and animes.

MK only started rebooting in 2011 but it worked, and MK 11 confirmed MKU has multiple timelines similar to DC via Flash and Dr. Manhattan etc, etc with MK it's Raiden and Kronika lol. But MK 11's story to me was much better than MK X's, I felt like they kind of stretched for Cassie to beat Shinnok. MK 11 I liked excepted the ending, but at least the good guys get to rewrite history this time. I'll give NRS props for trying new things and we all know the main characters will be back anyway, who knows maybe they'll even introduce a MK Multiverse....

SF it's a generic story, while no FG focuses as much on story as MK they still have one and even Capcom gave NRS props for redefining the storymode in MK and in FG's in general. Others have tried it since MK vs DC, MK 11, Injustice etc and pretty much failed let's be honest. I think they could be better if those games had some better writers. What I loved about MK 9 though is the simplicity yet grabbed the nostalgic fans back while bringing in new ones. I always saw SF as a mini MK somewhat in terms of story, except all the fighters are from Earth pretty much. MK from various worlds, dimensions, realms, planes of existences etc, etc

Last edited: