What's new

Question Cant Do 12, play doctor

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
I'm a pretty new fighting game player, who is trying to get better, but I cant get the 1,2 PD can someone try to help explain to me how to get the inputs in correctly?, because i can do it but everytime the pd whiffs

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
I'm a pretty new fighting game player, who is trying to get better, but I cant get the 1,2 PD can someone try to help explain to me how to get the inputs in correctly?, because i can do it but everytime the pd whiffs
use b22 tantrum stance 1 b3 j2 j2 12 PD thats how i use it and dont try to do it too fast just do dbf dont go crazy and hit every direction i can get it everytime now just becuase of practice

Carmine

I can do the full combo, minus the 12 PD I'm asking you to try to explain to me the timing of the PD during after the 12, because for me it always whifs

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
I can do the full combo, minus the 12 PD I'm asking you to try to explain to me the timing of the PD during after the 12, because for me it always whifs
just practice different timing until you get it, its hard to explain how i do it the only way is to try it fast then slow it down until its perfect

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
12 PD will not connect alone it has to be done after B3 or when your juggling the character in the air. To get it to come out input 12 while you are doing that you have to start the input for PD.

Carmine

12 PD will not connect alone it has to be done after B3 or when your juggling the character in the air. To get it to come out input 12 while you are doing that you have to start the input for PD.
I didnt realize you needed the bounce, thats why it was always whiffing thanks for letting me know

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I didnt realize you needed the bounce, thats why it was always whiffing thanks for letting me know
NOt a prob I started out with Harley, just couldn't get the hang of her, but I learned a lot of combos with her using PD and TS.

Optimator

Casual Aspirations
I struggle with this ender too. I can do PD 49 times out of 50 but it's a miracle if I can pull it off after a 1, 2 juggle. I just do 1,1,2~BF2 when I can :/

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
It took me awhile to learn a lot about Harley. She has some of the funkiest inputs in the game. Play Doctor can be done naked 100/100 times but when you try throwing it in combos it always seems to not work or send out gun shots instead. Same can be said for her tantrum stance, it is so strict on it's input that if done incorrectly you'll just back roll instead of being able to 1,2 or 3.

Best advice I have for Play Doctor is go to practice mode and keep practicing these corner combos until you can get your timing down. Once you get it a few times you'll start to see how easy it really is.

J2, B22, Tantrum, 1, F13, F13, 12, PD

J2, F2, Tantrum, 1, F13, F13, 12, PD

J2, 2, U3, J2, F13, 12, PD

12, Tantrum, 1, F13, F13, 12, PD

These are her easiest corner combos to practice her timing with (for me anyway). You'll want to mix them up so you don't put too much muscle memory into just one combo. Once you can land all of those 9/10 times move on to the mid screen combos with PD. Such as:

J2, B22, Tantrum, 1, B3, J2, J2, 12, PD

Just stick with it, Harley is a beast.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Try doing 1,1 Play Doctor instead, it's a little easier and only does like 1% less damage. Once you get a hang of that then move onto the more difficult 1,2 string.