What's new

Cancels into f3 or b3 (MB) mechanic

Hi Guys,

I've been in practice mode and noticed an odd thing i though i'd share. One of my first post so sorry if it's been posted before, and not sure if there is any problem/benefit from this actually.

Subzero.

After a string like b11 or f22, you can cancel into ex f3 or ex b3 by inputing db3 mb or df3 mb

So im wondering, why do we have to inpit DOWN before the true comand when trying to cancel? Just seems odd. What if character has a special move with those inputs? (didn't test)

In addition to this, at least with SubZero you can cancel into F3ex with (df1 mb) wtf?? Also, probably this will answer my previous question about prioritization of this move vs special move (if assigned). You can't cancel into b3 mb with db1mb because it will execute Ice Burst.

So there it is. Just something i learnt today. Not sure if will add any value. But let me know if there is obvious answer or reason for why these are happening :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
FFmb and BBmb are the inputs for bounce cancelling, DBmb and DFmb are alternatives to those. You don't have to input down.

And cancelling into F3mb with DF1mb is most likely because you're doing a normal or string using the 1 button then cancelling THAT into F3mb with release check on. So check your controller preset and make sure you don't actually have Release Check set to On

DeftMonk

Noob
FFmb and BBmb are the inputs for bounce cancelling, DBmb and DFmb are alternatives to those. You don't have to input down.

And cancelling into F3mb with DF1mb is most likely because you're doing a normal or string using the 1 button then cancelling THAT into F3mb with release check on. So check your controller preset and make sure you don't actually have Release Check set to On
Op is under the impression the input is Df/db 3+mb. To OP: don't need the 3 as stated above by youphemism just mb so it's impossible anything else shares the input.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Your problem is you're trying to do meter burn specials like MKX. It's different in Injustice. You have to press the MB button after the special starts, not at the same time or before. All specials tell you when to press the MB button in their frame data.