What's new

Tech Cancelling strings into Power (Bat Trait)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
This may or may not be common knowledge but I did see it in Checks demo video and Curbo had mentioned it in another thread but I think its deserving of its own.

Cancelling strings into his bats seem to leave him at crazy advantage for guaranteed chip or potential resets.

I'm not certain of the particulars on hit and block cancel advantage ( Somberness ) but from the untrained eye it looks like its guaranteed regardless. I even set the cpu to reversal attack and it stuffed everything even Supers.

Strings that seems to grant you a free b23 which if hits you can release bats into ex grapple > b3 > b23 for 37% are:

2 This might be the most important one since it starts mid to give all the pokers something to think about.

112 Also looks like it grants enough to dash in for a throw attempt as well. Only problem I noticed on this is if the 2 whiffs the bats won't come out, so when I had the opponent doing reversals it would always reverse after the 11 leaving the 2 to whiff.

f2

So your basic bnb for instance could be 113 > b3 > j3 > b2 > ex grapple > J2 > 1124 then go into b23 and if they don't block you're looking at around 70% for 2 bars. If they do block you have every option available to you because of having all your bats.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This may or may not be common knowledge but I did see it in Checks demo video and Curbo had mentioned it in another thread but I think its deserving of its own.

Cancelling strings into his bats seem to leave him at crazy advantage for guaranteed chip or potential resets.

I'm not certain of the particulars on hit and block cancel advantage ( Somberness ) but from the untrained eye it looks like its guaranteed regardless. I even set the cpu to reversal attack and it stuffed everything even Supers.

Strings that seems to grant you a free b23 which if hits you can release bats into ex grapple > b3 > b23 for 37% are:

2 This might be the most important one since it starts mid to give all the pokers something to think about.

112 Also looks like it grants enough to dash in for a throw attempt as well. Only problem I noticed on this is if the 2 whiffs the bats won't come out, so when I had the opponent doing reversals it would always reverse after the 11 leaving the 2 to whiff.

f2

So your basic bnb for instance could be 113 > b3 > j3 > b2 > ex grapple > J2 > 1124 then go into b23 and if they don't block you're looking at around 70% for 2 bars. If they do block you have every option available to you because of having all your bats.
I like it man. I can really actually see the ghetto reset part of that working a lot with people ducking, and having the bats at your disposal afterward is just the icing on the cake. Very nice setup.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yeah this is huge, I've posted about a couple times. 112~cb on hit actually gives you a free 1 so you could go into a few different mix ups with that.

Call Bats Advantage on block (eyeballing it)
Advantage:
112, 113, 22, b23, d2, b11, 12, 3
Around Neutral:
b1, 2, b2, 1, 11
Disadvantage (possibly punishable):
223, d1, f2

RapZiLLa54

Yeah this is huge, I've posted about a couple times. 112~cb on hit actually gives you a free 1 so you could go into a few different mix ups with that.

You think so? Even if they are crouching? Could have sworn it whiffs. I was originally trying j2 > 22 and then 112>cb but when I had the opponent set to duck I could never connect the first 1 so thats why I just started doing j2 > 112

Seapeople

This one's for you
You think so? Even if they are crouching? Could have sworn it whiffs. I was originally trying j2 > 22 and then 112>cb but when I had the opponent set to duck I could never connect the first 1 so thats why I just started doing j2 > 112
Yeah the timing is kinda tight. I think it's a little easier after 22~cb or b11~cb but it can be done.
Edit: I see what you mean now, I meant 112~cb on hit. I think your set up is probably better though.

If the opponent is respecting your follow ups after a blockstring into cb, they might try to pushblock. The best way I've found to deal with that is to backdash and release bats if you read it.

RapZiLLa54

Yeah the timing is kinda tight. I think it's a little easier after 22~cb or b11~cb but it can be done.
Edit: I see what you mean now, I meant 112~cb on hit. I think your set up is probably better though.

If the opponent is respecting your follow ups after a blockstring into cb, they might try to pushblock. The best way I've found to deal with that is to backdash and release bats if you read it.
I figured the mix up would be either b23 or grab. What would backdashing and releasing bats do in terms of their pushblock? They are still blocking.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I figured the mix up would be either b23 or grab. What would backdashing and releasing bats do in terms of their pushblock? They are still blocking.
Not a lot lol, it just lets you get back in with advantage. I think pushblocking could really hurt Batman, I can't really figure out what to do about it yet.
I don't know if grabs will end up being as good as they were in MK9 since they're easier to tech now though.

RapZiLLa54

I'm more concerned with his pressure to be honest. The only way I can win at VSM is by playing incredibly patient/turtling because everyone just ducks everything. I've noticed 223 is better up close mainly because everyone is trying to poke instantly so I'd get a lot of combos since people are trying to d1 the first hit. Thats why I think 2>cb could potentially be his most valuable tool. 2>cb >bat spin.

But yea the pushback shit will be annoying but thats where I think the "bat rotation" will be the focus of his gameplay. Two bats and they push block you can immediately call out your other Bat and be safe. So they just wasted a bar for no reason.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
That ruins everything. What about on block?
112 is has more disadvantage on block than on hit.

It will work, but only if the opponent doesn't time the back dash right. It's their call, you can't be punished by an opponent dashing back wiffing your B2.

RapZiLLa54

112 is has more disadvantage on block than on hit.

It will work, but only if the opponent doesn't time the back dash right. It's their call, you can't be punished by an opponent dashing back wiffing your B2.
Gotcha, if they escape it once, next time you do it you can either grapple or just release the bats and full combo them again.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I'm more concerned with his pressure to be honest. The only way I can win at VSM is by playing incredibly patient/turtling because everyone just ducks everything. I've noticed 223 is better up close mainly because everyone is trying to poke instantly so I'd get a lot of combos since people are trying to d1 the first hit. Thats why I think 2>cb could potentially be his most valuable tool. 2>cb >bat spin.

But yea the pushback shit will be annoying but thats where I think the "bat rotation" will be the focus of his gameplay. Two bats and they push block you can immediately call out your other Bat and be safe. So they just wasted a bar for no reason.
CB stands for call bats right? and how can u call out a 3rd bat when you already have 2? o-0

Seapeople

This one's for you
If you have bats out, you can release them right when you start to throw the other person and it will break through their guard for up to 8%. They can't even tech the throw to escape. I'm not sure how useful that will be but it's pretty cool imo. I first saw it in McFly's new Batman video, so props to him for finding it.

RapZiLLa54

CB stands for call bats right? and how can u call out a 3rd bat when you already have 2? o-0
Yea cb stands for call bats. If you have 2 bats out, you'll most likely have the 3rd one idling (bats constantly recharge regardless if you have 1 or 2 on the screen. Only time they don't idle is when you have all 3 out). So when you'd have 2 out and they pushblock (you lose your bats) you can immediately call out the 1 you had idling and now let the other 2 charge up.

even if you cancel and dont go for pressure, you can just sit there and use them as a threat, such an amazing trait, we need cancel advantage data in this game for chars, almost every character has trait cancels.... we need that data