What's new

Question - Lasher Cancelling "Low Slash" is Tough!

Bhagwad

Noob
I'd love to master canceling the "Low Slash" (d+f, 1) move into something else. But I'm having difficulty pressing the down and forward buttons at the same time.

I can get it consistently if I use the analog stick instead. I point it at diagonally down and press 1. But then cancelling becomes extremely difficult because my thumb has to move all the way across to the d-pad. I've had some success using the same analog stick for the special move also...but it's nowhere near as consistent as I'd like it to be.

Especially if I want to cancel into whip assault (b,f,2), the analog stick is imprecise.

So question: How do you guys usually cancel the "Low Slash" move, and do you find it difficult?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
They mean the Release Check. You'll find them in the Wireless Controller Options. Check them ON, and you'll notice that your directional inputs are being merged with the other attacks. This is why we can cancel the low profiling attacks into special attacks, like Sub Zero's D4 into Ice Klone. It's easy. You'll learn to do it in no time.

If you have played 2D fighting games, then you know how to do it.

They mean the Release Check. You'll find them in the Wireless Controller Options. Check them ON, and you'll notice that your directional inputs are being merged with the other attacks. This is why we can cancel the low profiling attacks into special attacks, like Sub Zero's D4 into Ice Klone. It's easy. You'll learn to do it in no time.

For canceling you have release check on? I have it off. The only thing I have set to on is shortcut inputs.

Idk what console u have but when I play as Cassie and she has that same input for her low starter I just flick my analong stick and I get it 100 % of the time but I'm on the Xbox one and I use the elite controller with the top off so idk maybe that easier

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel

Isn't release check the negative edge thing meaning letting go of buttons work for specials? I think that option is horrendous, but yea I give it to you; quite useful with stuff like Leatherface d3 ~ zerker stance.

@Baghwad: i really think it is just practicing the motion enough so you can do it quickly and precisely. It's almost like a reverse instant air fireball.

Tanno

For canceling you have release check on? I have it off. The only thing I have set to on is shortcut inputs.
My mistake. I did a check in the options. You're right. The Release Check is another, and you guys were telling about the Input Shortcuts. My bad.

Tanno

Isn't release check the negative edge thing meaning letting go of buttons work for specials? I think that option is horrendous, but yea I give it to you; quite useful with stuff like Leatherface d3 ~ zerker stance.

@Baghwad: i really think it is just practicing the motion enough so you can do it quickly and precisely. It's almost like a reverse instant air fireball.
I don't use the Release Check. I use the Input Shortcuts for my Sub Zero. I don't know about much of the Release Check there, but I heard a bit about this in Cassie Cage's and Sonya Blade's video. But it wouldn't hurt for him to try the Alternate Controls. One of these work for Takeda, I think.

Yea the only thing release check helped was with some of sonyas reload combos. I'm guessing if he turned input shortcuts to on it'll help him.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Someone said to me he turns input shortcut off fot Lasher, as it helps to execute moves that inbolve diagonal intuts. Try, maybe it will help.
Other options also shoulf be off, don't turn release check on.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'd love to master canceling the "Low Slash" (d+f, 1) move into something else. But I'm having difficulty pressing the down and forward buttons at the same time.

I can get it consistently if I use the analog stick instead. I point it at diagonally down and press 1. But then cancelling becomes extremely difficult because my thumb has to move all the way across to the d-pad. I've had some success using the same analog stick for the special move also...but it's nowhere near as consistent as I'd like it to be.

Especially if I want to cancel into whip assault (b,f,2), the analog stick is imprecise.

So question: How do you guys usually cancel the "Low Slash" move, and do you find it difficult?
Pad or stick?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm open to trying both. It's a PS4, so I can use either.
With a pad, you can do the :qtr direction by pressing both directions at the same time. That's how I did it with Cassie, as she has an important string that's :qtr1 and it can't be skipped.
You can either press your thumb down at both or even just right at the middle of the d-pad between the two directions if your thumb is punctual enough.

On a stick there is no shortcut or trick. You have to hit the direction.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I practiced some Lasher in training mode today. Cancel from diagonal 1 is not too hard to do, just don't mash the buttons, and do the inputs calm and precise. Comes with some practice.
Did so with input shortcuts on, so turning them off is not required, leave them on.