What's new

Question Cancel Bounce Moves??

What are these Bounce Cancel moves for?

What are the parameters needed to trigger them?
(I am in training mode but have no idea what to do to trigger them so I can practice them).

Green has two of them:

Canary's Kiss
Satisfaction

Sidenote* How do I "start/initiate" a wager again?
(I'm on Xbox)

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
All you have to do is hold forward, or back 3. If you feel that the move will not land, and it will be punished. simply dash out of i. Keep in mind that backdashing has invincibility properties with it - use that in your mindgames!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
What are these Bounce Cancel moves for?

What are the parameters needed to trigger them?
(I am in training mode but have no idea what to do to trigger them so I can practice them).

Green has two of them:

Canary's Kiss
Satisfaction

Sidenote* How do I "start/initiate" a wager again?
(I'm on Xbox)

All you have to do is hold forward, or back 3. If you feel that the move will not land, and it will be punished. simply dash out of i. Keep in mind that backdashing has invincibility properties with it - use that in your mindgames!
On Xbox, I forget which one (Canary or Satisfaction) but on the move list it says:

Forward, Forward, R (Right Trigger) It shows it exactly like this:
->,->,R

However, when I follow that sequence, my character just dashes forward and R does nothing. I'm truly baffled on this - could really use somebody's help here.

Regarding the "concept" of wall bounce cancel moves - Even watching Zyphox's excellent video - I still do not understand what are these moves for? Attacking? Countering?

Are they meant to cancel my character out from being bounced into a wall from an opponent?

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
On Xbox, I forget which one (Canary or Satisfaction) but on the move list it says:

->,->,R

However, when I follow that sequence, my character just dashes forward and R does nothing. I'm truly baffled on this - could really use somebody's help here.

Regarding the "concept" of wall bounce cancel moves - Even watching Zyphox's excellent video - I still do not understand what are these moves for? Attacking? Countering?

Are they meant to cancel my character out from being bounced into a wall from an opponent?
Sounds like you don't have enough meter. It uses two bars, so use it very cancel carefully! In the mean time make sure in practice options you either have super meter set on refill, or full. As far as what they are used for, it can make unsafe strings safe, helps out strings that can be interrupted, and i guess it can provide a nice and slow overhead starter lol. To me honestly though it hasn't been the most incredibly useful thing in the world, but it has its uses.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

->,->,R

watch video above, the one where i do punch, pucnh ,punch then a purple explsoion happens around my character is the move you are looking for, you can cancel the move by dashing, or you can let go and hit them anyway.

->,->,R

From my experience it seems like in this game.....that's how ur gonna extend ur combo's to get that big 35 to 50% combo going. In mk9 there were quite a few characters that could hit that dmg mark with mid screen....maybe not a 50 but 35 or 40%. In this game it seems that u need meter to get crazy dmg combos....all the mb's timing for the cancels is very strict depending heavily on which character ur using and the string ur cancelling out of. I use deathstroke and his 2 3 works really well but some of the others r much tougher to pull off.

Ok. You guys are great!

I understand now. It helps me extend a combo "string" and adds damage (Thanks FluxxShreddar).

Your character gets a "purple hue" around him when completed correctly & dash back to cancel (Thanks Zyphox).

Meter has to be set to full or refill in order for me to activate move (Thanks DanableLector).

I'm still new to the fighting scene lingo so thanks for clearing up a lot for me guys.

Quick question - is this what would be called "negative zone" move?

cyke_out

Noob
negative zone is the place where Mr. Fantastic sends his trash, Phantom Zone is where Superman sends his trash.

There is a phantom zone stages transition.

Or are you talking negative edge? A control scheme that has a button release count as a button press.?

Lol. Cyke Out.

Yea. Negative Edge is the correct term.

Ok so I have my super meter on constant fill in training mode. Still, for the life of me I cannot initiate the Canary's Kiss or Satisfaction moves?! Can some one on here do them and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Forward, forward, right trigger does nothing.
I've also tried holding in right trigger (treating it like a negative edge move) and still nothing.

I now understand the concept, and I've seen the videos that Zyphox blessed us with and obviously either I am incompetent or how to initiate these moves just escapes me.

cyke_out

Noob
if it makes it easier, you can do them with d/b+MB or d/b+MB. it's easier for me than doing the double tapping.

remember, you have to do it during a combo string, so do 2,2 d/b+MB for the wall bounce cancel out of a string. if you don't do it out of a string, you can't do it. if you don't have at least 2 bars of meter, you can't do it.

Finally. I did it. Thanks Cyke & Everyone else.

I went into training mode. I learned it that way.
I am just finding out about how meter has so many potential uses. Even during blocking to award more breathe room.

Finally I get it. Now I can start working at it.

The only thing i've had issues as far as the bounce and wall bounce cancelling is if the motion is the same for ur regular moves....then negative edge can just make u cancel into to ur special moves....so u have to find out which string or which cancel is more reliable.

By the way - whats FADC? Zyphox mentions it in the video.
Forward attack dash cancel....fancy term from street fighter 4. Really all it means is that u can use it to link other moves to a string or a cancel move like the ground bounce or wall bounce into a string. The timing varies on the string of coarse...but they r not too tough to figure out.

Forward attack dash cancel....fancy term from street fighter 4. Really all it means is that u can use it to link other moves to a string or a cancel move like the ground bounce or wall bounce into a string. The timing varies on the string of coarse...but they r not too tough to figure out.
Pretty much what he said. Except it's Focus Attack Dash Cancel. In Street Fighter IV you can focus attack, which has a few special properties that don't mean much in this situation. So yeah, it's essentially a dash out of a string, allowing you to start another.

It is pretty interesting, though, how your wall bounce and ground bounce inputs can be given armor (similar to Focus Attacks). It can lead to some psych outs.

Pretty much what he said. Except it's Focus Attack Dash Cancel. In Street Fighter IV you can focus attack, which has a few special properties that don't mean much in this situation. So yeah, it's essentially a dash out of a string, allowing you to start another.

It is pretty interesting, though, how your wall bounce and ground bounce inputs can be given armor (similar to Focus Attacks). It can lead to some psych outs.
Ur totally right....lol it is focus....i'm still kinda new to the lingo...but i understood the concept. Plus, i suck at sf4 in general.