What's new

Can you fuzzy low star screamer/whip n flip after Sindel's f21?

Imagine deciding you only play one style in all fighting games no matter how they play. That’s crazy.
My biggest issue isn't the 50/50s really. Mine is the constant amount of players that sacrifice good neutral/footsies, zoning, setups, or good stagger rush down even air game and crutch 50/50s because you know its all they can do and they want to take those points. They run a flowchart and their scorecard looks good, but its all just guessing to me. Sometimes it becomes demoralizing because it feels like theres nothing you can do but guess. Maybe I could focus on reading my opponent, maybe. But its frustrating when you're trying to improve and 50/50s is the last thing that makes you feel like you're being played with strats. But hey I use Mileena and her strike throw plan up close is 50/50 too with the same risk so maybe I have a lot to learn. I do know id rather play against a Cetrion over Sub Zero or Sindel if I'm trying to learn though, unless I want to practice my punishes.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The mechanics in this game cater to offense only. The only defensive option is back roll.
Breakaway? Delayed wakeup? Throw tech? Wakeup 1? Wakeup 2? Flawless block?

Just because they sometimes lead to you pressing more buttons doesn't mean they're not defensive options. Those are 100% defensive mechanics.

Why can't I use my meter to push them away from me? That makes more sense as a defensive option than a launcher.
So follow the launcher with a string that pushes them away from you?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It must be nice to live in a world where, to find a game interesting, the solution is to tell people to play a character they have no interest in playing and be done with it.
If you like zoning, you should probably play a zoner. If you like grappling, you should probably play a grappler. If you like flashy combos, you should probably not play Cetrion. Pretty straight forward stuff. You can play anything you want but it's not the game's fault that the character whose look you like doesn't have the playstyle you like.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
@DethRaze
Maybe this pen is hitting some kind of way, but I know where you coming from bro. I might not agree with everything you talkin about but I do understand you.

The only thing that I will say to this conversation is that I think some of y'all need to look at Guilty Gear.

Breakaway? Delayed wakeup? Throw tech? Wakeup 1? Wakeup 2? Flawless block?

Just because they sometimes lead to you pressing more buttons doesn't mean they're not defensive options. Those are 100% defensive mechanics.
Those are also all offensive options. All ways to steal a turn or start a combo. Maybe I wasn't clear. Back roll is the only PURELY defensive option. But we all know if it isn't a back roll, they're gonna a get up hunting to steal a turn or start a combo.

If you like zoning, you should probably play a zoner. If you like grappling, you should probably play a grappler. If you like flashy combos, you should probably not play Cetrion. Pretty straight forward stuff. You can play anything you want but it's not the game's fault that the character whose look you like doesn't have the playstyle you like.
The point isn't about looks. Its about the game catering to ONLY OFFENSE. I main skarlet and kitana. I'm an average player. I do alright when I play in my opinion. But I really have to sweat to perform well. I don't feel my characters are at fault. I play a defensive game in which I try to condition my opponent to take a certain action and then I punish it. But it doesn't mean anything when they have 6 or more ways to steal turns from me. Then force me to guess, and if I guess wrong (doesn't always happen) I lose. The worst part about it is, in my opinion, there is no lesson to learn. Just guess better.

I have a serious advice for you: I used to be a Kitana main, and have been frustrated for 2 years because of how NRS treated her.
I switch to Jade equipping the Delia dance. Every single annoying character that gave me headache on KL before, now is murdered by Jade. Because simple: Jade can outfootsie and out-50/50 all the noobs on KL.
This game isn't balanced, and now that custom variations are available, every match is a 50/50 orgy. We have to embrace the 50/50

It seems to be the case. But brain off 5050 is just not for me. Of course I could just put low fan with ground war E. Twist and just go dumb 5050 but thats not fun for me.

I have a serious advice for you: I used to be a Kitana main, and have been frustrated for 2 years because of how NRS treated her.
I switch to Jade equipping the Delia dance. Every single annoying character that gave me headache on KL before, now is murdered by Jade. Because simple: Jade can outfootsie and out-50/50 all the noobs on KL.
This game isn't balanced, and now that custom variations are available, every match is a 50/50 orgy. We have to embrace the 50/50
Seems a little hyperbolic, jade still mid tier

delias dance is really over hyped, it’s really not that crazy

Lol so Sindel is broken because she has an UNSAFE mixup that doesn’t even launch or lead to combos?

this site sometimes man lol
B2 doesn’t launch? you have to guess constantly against her b2, whip and flip, even f2 on WiFi hard to react to

It's a super forking broken move on a character like Jade because it deletes 90% of her weakness and opens up wayyyy more avenues for her offense
And Sindel's B2 is punished by Jade's shadowkick, that's a plus. Not to mention, Sindel is around the same tier placement as Jade.

Moves that leave the opponent standing or restand them are top tier because they remove the guess work of the wake up system. And jade having both overhead and low combo starters, not to mention the high-mid-low-overhead string, you gotta guess when its coming.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
B2 doesn’t launch? you have to guess constantly against her b2, whip and flip, even f2 on WiFi hard to react to
You were talking about low star screamer and whip and flip
F2/B2 mix isn’t even broken either. Just because something is annoying to deal with, doesn’t mean it’s broken. Y’all throw that word out too much and have no idea what broken really means

Didn’t say she was broken so please stop crying that your precious pixel waifu is getting criticised

to the others
there’s literally nothing broken about delias dance you need amp to make it safe and all her overheads are death on block so stop crying about it

saying jade has low and oh starter is a joke lows go nowhere and her overhead launcher is slow af

you even have to be very upclose for the move to go 70 dmg so of all the things in this game there’s nothing wrong with that move that helps a low tier character

stop the up play

xKhaoTik

I used to think Sindel wasn't broke because I felt like f4 stagger was fake and scream cancel is fake, people can seem to just mash d1 on reaction and stop both, but her mix is really annoying you react to f2 which is hard and kinda a mix in that of itself cause she has a b2 and then you have to guess again.
Didn’t say she was broken so please stop crying that your precious pixel waifu is getting criticised
Yikes
overheads are death on block so stop crying about it
But you’re in here crying about Sindel’s f2, which is death on block if she ends with the low or any special besides the hair grab. It’s the hypocrisy for me
saying jade has low and oh starter is a joke lows go nowhere and her overhead launcher is slow af
again with the hypocrisy lol. Sindel’s f2 is nearly 30f and you’re in here bitching about it

If you’re not good at the game, just say that lol. Just put the game away. You’re obviously have no idea what you’re talking about lol

Last edited:
Oh you’re one of those sad trolls desperate for online arguments how cute

might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension though, literally said I used to think she wasn’t broke, I now find her quite annoying so I’m not sure. Plenty of people said she’s busted so go cry at them

hypocrisy? Lol also cute

didn’t realise jade and sindel had the same tool kit, oh wait

cute straw man also with the crying about f2, never cried about it anywhere, stated a fact

You’re the one in hysterics, bit embarrassing

xKhaoTik

Oh you’re one of those sad trolls desperate for online arguments how cute

might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension though, literally said I used to think she wasn’t broke, I now find her quite annoying so I’m not sure. Plenty of people said she’s busted so go cry at them

hypocrisy? Lol also cute

didn’t realise jade and sindel had the same tool kit, oh wait

cute straw man also with the crying about f2, never cried about it anywhere, stated a fact

You’re the one in hysterics, bit embarrassing
What’s embarrassing is you making a thread asking how to deal with special loves instead of going in this lab and figuring it out yourself. Do you even know what training mode is for? Lol

but go off.

Yeah asking a question trying to learn more about the game is so embarrassing, I’ll never recover not having devoted all my time to mk11

wondering how much money you’ve made from your high level gameplay? You’re clearly living a fulfilled and happy life giving this is how you like to spend your time.

I at least hope you’re better at the game than you are at online arguments

Sindels overhead isn’t 30 frame btw it’s 25 might wanna hit the lab yourself

I’ll await your sick burn that I know you’ll try real hard on

xKhaoTik

Yeah asking a question trying to learn more about the game is so embarrassing, I’ll never recover not having devoted all my time to mk11

wondering how much money you’ve made from your high level gameplay? You’re clearly living a fulfilled and happy life giving this is how you like to spend your time.

I at least hope you’re better at the game than you are at online arguments

Sindels overhead isn’t 30 frame btw it’s 25 might wanna hit the lab yourself

I’ll await your sick burn that I know you’ll try real hard on
I definitely said NEARLY 30f. And yet you wanna talk about reading comprehension lol.

You’re still the guy who is complaining about an unsafe 25f OH. I promise if you went into training, you’ll learn a thing or 2. But like I said, go off

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@slothsftw

What is broken, and whats not will very from player to player - that is something that always was, and always will.
Now I understand that there are certain things that when playing the game, they are frustrating. That happens to all of us, however the approach is nothing alike.

Now since MK11 is the game where you begun your journey with competitive play, and as a member of this forum, members will provide you support to improve. From giving straight forward advices, through watching your videos, to examine your play, to provide accurate tips and advices, so that you can improve. People will go in-depth into pointing out what you do good, and what should be changed. Hell, will even play with you, and help you improve - you know why all this is taken place? Because they love Mortal Kombat, and because they are member of this form, and when there is individual, that presents an interest in getting into the game, they are readyto help you. Now these folks have been around competitive play for many years now (some, not all). That also means, that being part of competitive community they have massive experience, because they have been playing for years now and sharing insights with others.

Now lets analyze what went on: As new member to this forum, and at his first year of competitive play, you come up throwing a very difficult subject - why difficult, because in order to have the ability to to come up with such statement, one must have very good understanding of the game, but also clear understanding fgc mechanics. Whats worse, is that instead of appreciate the feedbacks, which are meant to help you, so that you may have a better understanding of the game, and improve, you have this negative attitude.

Now take a good look at the first scenario, and ask yourself, which does make more sense to you, but be honest. And take a good look at yours.
Are you able to see how that looks?

All I am saying is this: Give this whole mindset a good look, and ask yourself: Do you wanna be good at this game, or not?
If you are serious about getting into it, you gotta change the approach - a "I am here to improve, and I am looking for some support from members" approach would be a good start. You will simply benefit by doing so, and by being open positively to it, people will continue supporting you.

Imagine this: When you decide to invest your own private time, to pay attention to someone, willingly, you'd expect to be taken as form of support, positive action. Now how far from that were you, that I will leave entirely to you.

Now on to Sindel: like you, not too long ago I was mopped 10-1, and it left a stain on my psyche. I knew why I lost, but I was still mad. I gave her a week in the lab. The thing with 50/50, or 33/33/33 scenarios is that outside of the guess factor, it requires visual memory, in order to be able to defend. By using 4 recording, and randomize replay. By next encounter, I lost 10-6, I wont the six because I was able to fuzzy and punish that tactics, which throw my opponent of the balance. Outside of what you have learned by playing the game, this is the moment where you must learn to fuzzy guard well, because without it, that form of offense will remain broken for you, and dealing with it, will be difficult. Also, you must go over punishes, that when you block successfully, you apply decent punish.

The place you are at now, is known to many. Most of us shared this path, so its alright, really. What will you do, thats entirely up to you.

If you’re not going to argue against what I actually say why should I give you that respect? It’s 25 and if you’re such an expert you should know that, but go off

Last edited:
@slothsftw

What is broken, and whats not will very from player to player - that is something that always was, and always will.
Now I understand that there are certain things that when playing the game, they are frustrating. That happens to all of us, however the approach is nothing alike.

Now since MK11 is the game where you begun your journey with competitive play, and as a member of this forum, members will provide you support to improve. From giving straight forward advices, through watching your videos, to examine your play, to provide accurate tips and advices, so that you can improve. People will go in-depth into pointing out what you do good, and what should be changed. Hell, will even play with you, and help you improve - you know why all this is taken place? Because they love Mortal Kombat, and because they are member of this form, and when there is individual, that presents an interest in getting into the game, they are readyto help you. Now these folks have been around competitive play for many years now (some, not all). That also means, that being part of competitive community they have massive experience, because they have been playing for years now and sharing insights with others.

Now lets analyze what went on: As new member to this forum, and at his first year of competitive play, you come up throwing a very difficult subject - why difficult, because in order to have the ability to to come up with such statement, one must have very good understanding of the game, but also clear understanding fgc mechanics. Whats worse, is that instead of appreciate the feedbacks, which are meant to help you, so that you may have a better understanding of the game, and improve, you have this negative attitude.

Now take a good look at the first scenario, and ask yourself, which does make more sense to you, but be honest. And take a good look at yours.
Are you able to see how that looks?

All I am saying is this: Give this whole mindset a good look, and ask yourself: Do you wanna be good at this game, or not?
If you are serious about getting into it, you gotta change the approach - a "I am here to improve, and I am looking for some support from members" approach would be a good start. You will simply benefit by doing so, and by being open positively to it, people will continue supporting you.

Imagine this: When you decide to invest your own private time, to pay attention to someone, willingly, you'd expect to be taken as form of support, positive action. Now how far from that were you, that I will leave entirely to you.

Now on to Sindel: like you, not too long ago I was mopped 10-1, and it left a stain on my psyche. I knew why I lost, but I was still mad. I gave her a week in the lab. The thing with 50/50, or 33/33/33 scenarios is that outside of the guess factor, it requires visual memory, in order to be able to defend. By using 4 recording, and randomize replay. By next encounter, I lost 10-6, I wont the six because I was able to fuzzy and punish that tactics, which throw my opponent of the balance. Outside of what you have learned by playing the game, this is the moment where you must learn to fuzzy guard well, because without it, that form of offense will remain broken for you, and dealing with it, will be difficult. Also, you must go over punishes, that when you block successfully, you apply decent punish.

The place you are at now, is known to many. Most of us shared this path, so its alright, really. What will you do, thats entirely up to you.
that condescending essay full of presumptions was a really poor use of your time

and it’s funny how you want to talk about my attitude and not the sad troll telling users they’re bad and to stop playing

You ain’t nobody sorry I had to break this to you both

Joined May 2013

oh no pro players have ever called Sindel busted? Any one who even entertains the thought must be New to fighting games

xKhaoTik

If you’re not going to argue against what I actually say why should I give you that respect? It’s 25 and if you’re such an expert you should know that, but go off
I couldn’t care less about you or whatever respect you want to give me because I’m not asking for it

I’m just saying instead of coming here and saying “oMg I dOn’T kNoW hOw To BlOcK, mUcH bRoKeN”, you could’ve EASILY went into training mode, looked at frame data for both low star screamer and whip and flip and figured out how if you can fuzzy it (which you probably can’t since they’re both 21f). It’s really that simple.

Then you’re in here giving people shit, preaching how slow Jade’s OH is when it’s only 3f slower than Sindel’s (when you in fact are complaining about how hard it is to react to it). Same when it comes to Jade’s low when it is only 3f slower than Sindel’s (you were complaining about that one too). Fun fact: you’re not reacting to ANY of their lows because they are too quick.

People in here are trying to help you and give you educated responses but instead of embracing it, you turn around and talk shit. If you don’t want to learn the game, just say that. Just know the more you talk, the dumber you sound.