What's new

General/Other - Acidic can we talk about Acidic?...

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
"can combo you for 30+% into restand and chip - for a bar"

This "for a bar" nonsense has to stop. Just because you're using a bar doesn't make it any more fair. This goes all chars in the cast, not just alien.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Ive been able to get F134~close acid to be safe on block from reversal EX spin.
We're talking about acid blood btw, not acid spit if that's what you mean. F134 xx acid blood has a gap. F134 xx spit being safe from spin sounds very good though.

Israel

Noob
i believe just about all his strings have a gap..? From what i belive, the last hit of the string may be armorable. Or just ending a low, meaning you can punish. So when people talk about his pressure, it isnt all that great tbh. Hes not a pressure character (Acidic anyway, perhaps the summoner one also). Tho i wish he was. So after the restand a couple times, the alien player is going to have to get creative. In hopes to breaking the opponents defense. So the 20% grab stuff should stay, considering its his best go-to option. ...Yall just gone have to deal with it :coffee:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Why some people think that dot is good thing ? its not.... Imagine this : third round of a match , you as alien player hit someone with combo that ends with acid spray,combo should kill them but because of dot he have still time to do smth and he wakes up and kills you before dmg from last combo hit killled him. This happened to me in online set.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
the tradeoff is that you're doing more damage than you might have with another character because the damage over time doesn't scale.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
In zoning war its bad , if ur both at last 10% health and lets say u hit him he still have much time to throw out some projectile and possibly win.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
yeah, it's bad. moral of the story is, trading projectiles with most of the cast as Acidic is generally not a good idea.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've had a really fucking shitty day so some of that is going to leak into this and I'm sorry, but you're poking a fire that doesn't want to be poked right now and is looking for a decent outlet

First off, (sincerely, no sarcasm) thanks for the info on venomous, good read. Secondly, in another post I highlighted the differences between venomous and Acidic so if you truly did read the thread you would have seen that, you are free to make an argument against the points I made in that post, and I look forward to it. Thirdly, I admit that I didn't make my distinction between the damage of the ticks vs the damage over time explicitly clear when I began, so I can kindasortanotreallyatall see how that would be confusing (see "Fifthly"), I don't understand how you would reduce the duration of a tick, duration clearly applies to the dot effect not the individual ticks themselves. The reason I "lowered" the damage was only to simplify the point I was trying to make (that changing the duration of dot would reduce the total damage without affecting the damage of the individual ticks), I was just pulling numbers out of my ass to make a point. Fourthly (this is why I apologized at the beginning so I had less qualms about writing this), must feel real nice being the butthurt police yea? *slap on the back too hard*

And Fifthly (and most saltily), its really hard not to be condescending to an adult who can't add, unless (s)he(Omooba) is like 4 years old then I can kinda get why they can't add 2 and 3 properly. Omooba opened the door by accusing me of possibly being slow, not something I take kindly to. And also I was perfectly civil and actively trying to help him in a few comments made about Leatherface.

the thing is if you get hit by dark beam twice, you don't continue to take minor amounts of damage all the while having to guess/respect the crazy mixup potential, and insane mind/pressure game he has in the corner.

I apologize for being a dick but its hard when you're in a shit mood.
You honestly seem like a pretty nice guy, so I'm sorry you had a bad day and for any added stress on top of that I may have contributed. I shouldn't have called you out the way I did, since I was mostly trying to highlight what the miscommunication was and why, but I made it seem like it was all your fault and a bigger deal than it is because...I'm the butthurt police I guess. Does this mean I get a badge now? Would you say I'm more of a loose cannon or a cop with nothing to lose and is two days from retirement?

I haven't really seen where you break down any differences between Acidic and Venomous, only the post I quoted where you say you don't know how to compare the two. And I checked your posting history just in case I missed or forgot one.

I disagree with your point about dark beam because it's ultimately only a psychological difference. The exact same amount of damage is done over all. The extended time frame in which it happens can only make a positive difference for the one who got hit by it because they potentially have enough time to end the match before they die in a close game.

I hope you have a better day today than yesterday.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Why some people think that dot is good thing ? its not.... Imagine this : third round of a match , you as alien player hit someone with combo that ends with acid spray,combo should kill them but because of dot he have still time to do smth and he wakes up and kills you before dmg from last combo hit killled him. This happened to me in online set.
except your combo is 30% ish plus unscaled 5% from the dot as opposed to the heavy scaling that ending with an 8% projectile would cause.

In most scenarios having a 'normal' projectile would give less damage, the unscaled dot ticks are significant. They dont break the character or whatever, but they are for sure good.

Israel

Noob
The real question is...'Why some people think that dot thing is bad?' Becasue of your reason you stated, is honestly the reason why its fine, and should be the reason why no one should be upset about it. .

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I hope you have a better day today than yesterday.
its... almost better. Yea, i didn't make things clear and got pissed when people couldn't read my mind so thats my b. You're definitely getting too old for this shit haha (thanks for taking that with some humor)

The main differences I was talking about is the various methods you can gain stacks in acidic compared to venoumous. D'vorah only gains them through d1 and the acid spray attack yes?? D'vorah and Alien players please educate me if I'm wrong, Alien on the other hand has d4, u3, ground acid spray, air acid spray, and acid blood (of all the options this is most similar to d'vorah as she has the spray to restand too) all with far more range than d'vorah, and with far less of a mind game as a follow up (actually scratch that, she's just as bad)

I can agree about the psychological effect, of the games I've watched acidic really does appear to just burn through opponents. One of the commentators was making jokes that the opponent could do well and prolly beat acidic if he only had a chance to play. I still think a small reduction on duration or ticks/sec would be fair. But i'll just hold onto that as my opinion till after a few more months when the matchups are more fleshed out.

Thanks for being awesome man

a slightly more minus tailflip, same data on vomit across different ranges or make the tick damage progress much slower but deals the same damage, if hes hit with bigger nerfs, acidic will be pointless

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
its... almost better. Yea, i didn't make things clear and got pissed when people couldn't read my mind so thats my b. You're definitely getting too old for this shit haha (thanks for taking that with some humor)

The main differences I was talking about is the various methods you can gain stacks in acidic compared to venoumous. D'vorah only gains them through d1 and the acid spray attack yes?? D'vorah and Alien players please educate me if I'm wrong, Alien on the other hand has d4, u3, ground acid spray, air acid spray, and acid blood (of all the options this is most similar to d'vorah as she has the spray to restand too) all with far more range than d'vorah, and with far less of a mind game as a follow up (actually scratch that, she's just as bad)

I can agree about the psychological effect, of the games I've watched acidic really does appear to just burn through opponents. One of the commentators was making jokes that the opponent could do well and prolly beat acidic if he only had a chance to play. I still think a small reduction on duration or ticks/sec would be fair. But i'll just hold onto that as my opinion till after a few more months when the matchups are more fleshed out.

Thanks for being awesome man
Actually, D'vorah gains venom stacks off of quite a few things. 11, 112, d1, d3, d4, f2, f22, ji1, ji2, njp, throw, db4, ex db4, and f34 1+3 all add a stack (two if the beginning of the string is listed separately). The bug spray actually doesn't add any stacks at all. It just does a whole lot of chip damage. I'm not sure about the current amount, but in the last patch, EX bug spray did 11.3% chip and was -17 on block. It is both more punishable and does less chip now, but I can't check exactly how much.

I don't really know enough about Acidic specifics to say if it's restands are better or worse. Definitely gets more damage since Alien has a launcher. Venomous restands are +12 in MK XL, which midscreen basically guarantees a d4 and nothing else. In the corner it would guarantee b1, s1, s2, etc.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Acidic needs some type of minor nerf, some people will disagree but I truly believe this variation is too good. I can say that "IF" they do nerf it that they don't overkill it like they did with Tanya because I really like alien.