What's new

General/Other - Acidic can we talk about Acidic?...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Monkey, you know better. You have to elaborate, otherwise tym will make toast of your bumhole.
yeah i know i've already say some things that look dumb to me... however i didnt want this post to be a NERF / BUFF thread cause im not crying for those really.

I'm just saying that to me Acidic is kind of dumb and i wanted to know everyones opinion

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
and how does you beating Acidic change the fact that he's dumb?
For starters u never even gave an explanation of your claim in the OP.. second I never even said that I was beating acidic I just said it's a dumb post cause it is lol. Do I think he is dumb ? no but that doesn't mean I don't think he's really good. I'd like to see some dot tweaks but he's def not OP tier. Have you played mileena, leatherface, Ronin takeda,Cyrax ? All of those caracters are in my running for "dumb"

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
1. As Asod said: Nothing is guaranteed off normal acid blood restands (only after specific setups using ex krawl midscreen). Ex acid blood in the corner can lead to some crazy damage however.
I tested this shortly without using EX Krawl setup (meterless):
a: f4 overhead catches backdashes
b: f1 mid beats pokes and jumpouts
c: b1 high beats NEUTRAL CROUCHING, jumpouts and pokes, does not catch backdashes (the fu..?)
So "nothing" isn't very accurate, it becomes a mind game strongly in Aliens favor. Space it correctly and this move wins on hit and on block against anyone.

edit:
d: opponent is conditioned not to backdash, poke, jumpout or even neutral crouch, good opportunity for a Throw or even B3
e: eating all those mixups probably got them a bar of meter for armor by now.. d4 -EX Tail Flip!
this breaks Armor using different mixups as well.

Dunno seems a bit unfair to me..

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Well that's what my point is. we don't see much venomous so i can't make a comparison to that, but i'm 99% certain caltrops (or even EX caltrops) don't tick damage anywhere near as fast as the acid does. But stacked ticks is the point of the acid and I'm not saying to remove that.
I'm pretty much the authority on how Venomous' dots work, so I'll try and explain them real quick. First off, they're entirely different from Alien's. Each (standard) stack of Venom does 1.5% damage over 5 ticks and starts the ticking process in general. Each stack after the first does 1.5% damage + (n + .35%) bonus damage for each additional application, where n is the amount of bonus damage applied by the last stack. So it would look like .35 for the first, .35+.35 for the second, .70+.35 for the third, and so on. This leads to ridiculous damage if you can start a combo and apply many stacks, the weakness of Venomous being that you can't really do this from a 50/50. All of this damage is applied over the 5 second duration of the initial venom application. It also makes maximizing combo damage a pain in the ass, especially while factoring in that the dots scale to the combo they're in. If you have one measly little d1 tick going before you start a corner punish, you can lose 10% damage, easy. Here are the charts that were made off my figuring all this out

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-venomous-tick-damage-spread-sheet-and-charts.57945/

With Alien, when you hit 2 sprays, you've got 2 sprays. It's a flat increase like any other projectile. Get hit with Dark Beam twice, 16% damage done immediately. Get hit with the acid spray, 16% done over a course of however many seconds. There is effectively only one difference I can see and that is that Alien's projectiles are partially unscaled in combos. The initial hit likely is, but the dot itself? Not from what I've been told.

Also, as someone who read this thread, you came off as incredibly condescending to Omooba based off your own lack of clarity. You repeatedly stated you felt that the total damage was fine, but the duration was the problem. Then when you take the time to clarify that you mean the damage of the individual ticks, you do it by lowering the actual total damage of the spray. Why wouldn't he be confused when you are being so contradictory? Your entire argument is just...pointless, by the way. You seem very upset that the 8% projectile is eating away at your health over the course of seconds instead of instantaneously. If anything, that makes it weaker than a normal one when done outside of a combo.

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Sounds like the character of my dreams. After Martian, I've been searching for the character that I really connect with lol. He sounds perfect ;)
Man from what I've seen alien is pretty nuts..

I have no idea why acid does damage and slight stagger ON HIT but as stated combined that with stacked ridiculousness (I.e. throw pressure one block which happens if they are still in the puddle and don't know it) etc.. makes a dude want to tear up...lol

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
For starters u never even gave an explanation of your claim in the OP.. second I never even said that I was beating acidic I just said it's a dumb post cause it is lol. Do I think he is dumb ? no but that doesn't mean I don't think he's really good. I'd like to see some dot tweaks but he's def not OP tier. Have you played mileena, leatherface, Ronin takeda,Cyrax ? All of those caracters are in my running for "dumb"
yeah sorry, i rechecked your post and you said "i COULDN'T beat this character".. I'm really tired.

i kind of explained why in some posts... I played all of the characters you've listed but i still think Acidic is dumb...

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
alien is strong but if you just play it lame even acidic can't cope with constant zoning. Crawl is not good in the neutral if you look for it, its not like CSZ dash the recovery frames can be an issue and force Alien to block; its also punishable on block.

Conjurer is our only answer to this counter style and even that has a really hard time getting in.

I can see a lot of people winning sets in tournaments with acidic and then switching to another char when the person starts to zone hard.

D

Deleted member 9158

He probably has the best, if not top 3 corner pressure in the game.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
He's meh. Good zoner but acid only does so much.

It's his d4 and anti air acid that's kind worrisome but if you zone him too. Eventually he has to come in since acid does not go full screen. Lu, quan, kano, Jax actually almost the entire cast can keep him out. It's how you fight to control the space and the air so as to make acid work twice as hard to win. That is how I fight against him.

Forget that green shit getting all over kano. I'll Chuck knifes and balls till he is frustrated enough to risk going in and punish him for it.

And repeat process.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
He looks fine to me and I do believe that Tarkatan is better anyway, so who cares? It's like TYM never stops complaining, we have a relatively balanced game right now. Can we just enjoy it?
It might be (too early to say) in online sets, but with money on the line people gonna play dirty and it will be a struggle for tarkatan.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
He looks fine to me and I do believe that Tarkatan is better anyway, so who cares? It's like TYM never stops complaining, we have a relatively balanced game right now. Can we just enjoy it?
Not everybody would agree with you that it's relatively balanced. The attitude of "let's stop caring about balance" is fine if that's your thing, but the attitude of "let's keep addressing any balance problems we see so we can at least point things out to NRS" is a far more productive one. Or maybe it's not productive at all and it's just fun for some people--there's nothing wrong with that.

You can just enjoy it. These threads aren't stopping you.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Not everybody would agree with you that it's relatively balanced. The attitude of "let's stop caring about balance" is fine if that's your thing, but the attitude of "let's keep addressing any balance problems we see so we can at least point things out to NRS" is a far more productive one. Or maybe it's not productive at all and it's just fun for some people--there's nothing wrong with that.

You can just enjoy it. These threads aren't stopping you.
True. Fair. Good day sir, I just don't like it when it bleeds over into characters I play. So I try and make my comment against what I may view incorrectly as "irrationality" whenever I see it so that I may pre-emptively defend my own characters that I actually give a damn about. That being said, I genuinely don't think Acidic is OP or oppressive or anything of the sort. Just contributing my useless 2-cents to a thread that may or may not influence other threads like this down the line about some of my characters.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He isn't fair and he sure as hell not balanced stop with the downplaying , It was funny when we downplayed quan but now its not funny at all , you cant react to the low not to mention he can literally get 55%+ if he touches you once in the corner with his +24 grabs , not to mention he has mixups f13bf4 and f134bf4 both which are somewhat safe (-7) so please.....
why was it "funny" when morons downplayed Quan? You were one of the worst for it, and that ended up resulting in a patch that brought us one of the most unbalanced characters in the games life, so it's super hypocritical when you get pissy when you think other people are downplaying just because it's not your character, even after admitting to doing it yourself. You've already proven and admitted you don't care about balance brah you just care about your characters, take this shit elsewhere

I tested this shortly without using EX Krawl setup (meterless):
a: f4 overhead catches backdashes
b: f1 mid beats pokes and jumpouts
c: b1 high beats NEUTRAL CROUCHING, jumpouts and pokes, does not catch backdashes (the fu..?)
So "nothing" isn't very accurate, it becomes a mind game strongly in Aliens favor. Space it correctly and this move wins on hit and on block against anyone.

edit:
d: opponent is conditioned not to backdash, poke, jumpout or even neutral crouch, good opportunity for a Throw or even B3
e: eating all those mixups probably got them a bar of meter for armor by now.. d4 -EX Tail Flip!
this breaks Armor using different mixups as well.

Dunno seems a bit unfair to me..
That's still the definition on "nothing guaranteed". When something is guaranteed its means its jail giving your opponent no options other than block if you go for that move. Pressing any of the buttons you described doesn't guarantee any of them, you risk making the wrong read or getting armored or a bunch of things on all of them.

Not saying that's unfair or anything either. But it just means its not guaranteed, like say LK's run cancel pressure or Scorp's pressure after a standing reset.

why was it "funny" when you morons downplayed Quan? You were one of the worst for it, and he was much more broken than any character is currently

That's still the definition on "nothing guaranteed". When something is guaranteed its means its jail giving your opponent no options other than block if you go for that move. Pressing any of the buttons you described doesn't guarantee any of them, you risk making the wrong read or getting armored or a bunch of things on all of them.

Not saying that's unfair or anything either. But it just means its not guaranteed, like say LK's run cancel pressure or Scorp's pressure after a standing reset.
Loool tell how was i one of the worst? It was quite enjoyable