What's new

General/Other - Acidic can we talk about Acidic?...

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I don't think you guys should necessarily jump to conclusions just yet. He has dirt like everyone else but this or any of his variations aren't OP. We did this same kind of stuff to the likes of predator, Tanya, etc...so I think we should just keep learning the match ups a little better. Yes the tics stack and he has a fullscreen presence but this variation is based primarily around that. So needing their effects could greatly hinder the effectiveness of this variation. That being said, imho, all they really need to do to alien is create a gap at the end of his f134 string to really balance this guy out. This will allow the opponent to "react/guess" appropriately to his 50/50's, while not killing this variation specifically. Just a suggestion, what do you guys think?

Edit: I'm just saying because the majority of this guys tools are fairly slow and negative on block
While they are slow and negative, they also have massive range, they all look fairly similar (so reading an OH or Low can be difficult) and are completely safe. So not the best argument. I think the hole in f13()4 is a good balance.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
so how does this acidic variation work anyways?
Haven't played it, but from what I understand. he has d4, u3, and a "projectile" that are all acid sprays, each hit of acid stacks damage, so the tick damage you get increases the more times you hit them with acid. He also has the moved where he cuts him self and sprays acid that allows him to restand into pressure. with full acid ticks a throw does something like 20%. Watching a match where the alien gets a few good sprays off, it really does look broke, I think they should just decrease how fast the acid ticks. Best strategy is to out zone him, has his acid sprays don't reach fullscreen

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Haven't played it, but from what I understand. he has d4, u3, and a "projectile" that are all acid sprays, each hit of acid stacks damage, so the tick damage you get increases the more times you hit them with acid. He also has the moved where he cuts him self and sprays acid that allows him to restand into pressure. with full acid ticks a throw does something like 20%. Watching a match where the alien gets a few good sprays off, it really does look broke, I think they should just decrease how fast the acid ticks. Best strategy is to out zone him, has his acid sprays don't reach fullscreen
It's all in the frame data. Exo sting does 3% on hit and 5% DOT for a total of 8%... so basically you have an 8% projectile (which isn't that outrageous). Acid Blood w/ restand is another thing altogether, but only by a matter of degree as getting into the corner is generally not a good idea regardless who you are. This is really the only thing of his I could see them hitting at this point.

Israel

Noob
Thing is, as Alien in general you really need to try to force your opponent to fear the overhead because consistent low blocks take a lot out of his mixup game. If you can't do that, you have to open them up a lot of times to generate any significant damage, all of which can be llost in a heartbeat if you mess up. Most of his starter strings start high or super slow so it's easy to poke him out of them. As an Acidic player I'm not feeling the hate at all - you gotta put in work.
Correct. Its a lot of work on our end, just to try and stay safe. Its just something new is being brought to the table, and the players dont want to get used to it, they'd rather have it taken out. Lol believe me when i say..its not gonna be that big of deal soon.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
basically you just said they do 8% dmg(7 when i checked but doesn't matter) stop saying chip stacking like it adds more dmg. it's still only 7%
Thanks for this. I'm a PC Venomous main, and well damn it, I would be all over this character if I'd been given the chance. I suspected from the Kombat Kast that the acid wasn't really stacking, just a flat number. But ever since then I've heard nothing but "The chip damage stacks are crazy!!!!" All I can think when I hear that is that it's not actually chip damage (it's a dot) and that I was never so sure it was stacking up more than any other projectile, but I could never check for myself.

Does the projectile damage scale in a combo? If not, they're basically unscaled 7-8%, which actually is pretty crazy. That's some of the most annoying stuff with maximizing damage with Venomous D'vorah, making sure that your last ticks happen outside of the combo so they don't get scaled 50%.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Does the projectile damage scale in a combo? If not, they're basically unscaled 7-8%, which actually is pretty crazy. That's some of the most annoying stuff with maximizing damage with Venomous D'vorah, making sure that your last ticks happen outside of the combo so they don't get scaled 50%.
No. I think that's the real point of acid: ending combos in exo sting/acid blood to eke out a little more (unscaled) damage.

omooba

fear the moobs
Thanks for this. I'm a PC Venomous main, and well damn it, I would be all over this character if I'd been given the chance. I suspected from the Kombat Kast that the acid wasn't really stacking, just a flat number. But ever since then I've heard nothing but "The chip damage stacks are crazy!!!!" All I can think when I hear that is that it's not actually chip damage (it's a dot) and that I was never so sure it was stacking up more than any other projectile, but I could never check for myself.

don't know if they get scaled in combo will check after class. and the first 3% isn't dot only 4% is dot.if it doesn't scale it would explain why he can do about 50% for 2 bars in the corner

half screen 50/50 mixups - that are easly reactable .
can combo you for 30+% into restand and chip - for a bar
stacking chip from a godly zoning - well without it he would be garbage

go lab instead of crying on tym , he is fair and balanced
which character are you playing with to win against acid alien on a 6-4 favor

ando1184

Noob
And yes, predator and Tanya were stupid, broken, good on release... What's your point?
My point is let's not swing the nerf bat because this stuff just hasn't been fleshed out. It's only been 2 weeks and the kp2 characters haven't been out long enough for people to fully understand the matchups. I brought up Tanya and predator because: to this day I think predator only needed a dmg nerf, his frames and move properties should have been left alone and Tanya got hit with bat so hard she's like an elderly victim in a GTA game. Her nerfs affected all variations and I think before considering nerfs/buffs or whatever else, they need to be looked at across all variations and "carefully" tweaked or adjusted so it doesn't kill the design of how a character/variation works.

omooba

fear the moobs
to help give an idea of how the character looks in a high level match up
notice the dmg that leads into restand into grab

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Alien mix ups are real, acid stack damage is awesome. I don't like that acid can kill but if devorah can alien can. He is best at a range. His moves are not the best up close. Not a down player, just do not think he is the best or anything. I do love me some acidic....... Since KP2 drop. Up3 in corner combos with acid blood restand damage :)

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
to help give an idea of how the character looks in a high level match up
notice the dmg that leads into restand into grab
Just so you know, the grab is far from guaranteed after the restand using acid blood (non ex) Alien is around +4, not even +8 like the frame data says.

People just don't know anything about the matchup

omooba

fear the moobs
Just so you know, the grab is far from guaranteed after the restand using acid blood (non ex) Alien is around +4, not even +8 like the frame data says.

People just don't know anything about the matchup
i know that's what i was hoping they would take from it but scrubs will be scrubs

The point isn't that he won or lost, the point is the ridiculous dot you get from acid during a throw. I think for throws specifically it should be slowed down.
umm did you look at the combos into grab? it was armored wake up into like 17% into 22% grab
sooooo a total of 32%
then there was 27% into 21% grab off corner combo when quan got open up by an unsafe ex overhead
sooooo a total of 48%
now what you're telling me is that i shouldn't be able to do 25% dmg of my wake up into a plus restand into a grab? ok then
and 48% in the corner off a bar. even though only about 30% of the is actually guaranteed in my '1 BAR UNSAFE CORNER COMBO'
okay then that's your opinion i guess

omooba

fear the moobs
Acid stacking, dumb jump ins and not being able to play footsies with the fuck is quite dumb, yes.
not being able to play footsie? true true
cus it's not like if he whiffs his anti air or if you ever accidentally jump and make him whiff a string leads into full combo punish
not like the man lives at 30 recovery frames
people will complain about anything
been chilling with dhalism for years and y'all complaining about this after 2 weeks?

llabslb

R1D1_998
not being able to play footsie? true true
cus it's not like if he whiffs his anti air or if you ever accidentally jump and make him whiff a string leads into full combo punish
not like the man lives at 30 recovery frames
people will complain about anything
been chilling with dhalism for years and y'all complaining about this after 2 weeks?
I'm trying to understand this. If he messes up an anti air, he's fucked? Doesn't that apply to most?