What's new

Can those who got the game early face any repercussions for playing before the release date?

Yani

Noob
Question regarding early copies of the game being sold. I have seen that many people have been able to buy the game earlier than the release date in certain countries. Are they at risk of ban from the game/PSN or any other repercussions for playing the game as a result of their provider/store delivering it to them early?

Can NRS/WB/PSN ban someone for playing a legitimately obtained copy of the game when the store delivered/sold it to you early?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
If these dumbasses stream playing the game, yes, they can get banned. At least 3 Twitch accounts got taken down yesterday lol

trufenix

bye felicia
Question regarding early copies of the game being sold. I have seen that many people have been able to buy the game earlier than the release date in certain countries. Are they at risk of ban from the game/PSN or any other repercussions for playing the game as a result of their provider/store delivering it to them early?

Can NRS/WB/PSN ban someone for playing a legitimately obtained copy of the game when the store delivered/sold it to you early?
As long as the copy's legit, the system won't reject it and you incur no penalty. They can make tons of features not work cause they're tied to the network, but the "game" is just a game. They can't punish you for playing a game, whenever you play it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
No, you can't get in trouble, these companies send early copies and review copies themselves so some stores will break the street dates. The buyer is not at fault and it's not like they can punish the store either, I guess they log the sales for the 23rd even if it was before that date but I'm not sure that even matters.

Yani

Noob
Thanks for all the responses everyone! So if I was to put in the game and play it would you recommend keeping my PlayStation offline or just go about business as usual?

Many people are saying things like "don't play story mode" or "play but stay offline" and I'm just trying to figure out if it's safe to play my game which my store delivered to me early lol.

Thanks for all the responses everyone! So if I was to put in the game and play it would you recommend keeping my PlayStation offline or just go about business as usual?

Many people are saying things like "don't play story mode" or "play but stay offline" and I'm just trying to figure out if it's safe to play my game which my store delivered to me early lol.
Just play man. Don't worry about it. as long as you dont stream you are fine