What's new

Question - Takeda Can someone tell me why

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
okay so can someone tell my why Takeda seems to have cool down on his some of his moves when other fighters dont .. there seems to be limiters on what he can do or either tell me im losing my mind?? lol

..example

im doing
f12 2+4 tele njp b21 ex spear b21 tele - (works)
but - when i try -
f12 2+4 tele njp b21 ex spear b21 EX tele - the ex tele doesnt seem to come out -commands say the button presses are correct.

i dont understand this when with Kano can do 3 ex knife cut launchers like below
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/11a599ad-986b-423e-8292-d81ba7fd565b?gamerTag=xAIECHESx&scid=1a930100-429f-476c-bfaf-f01b3c1f5b39

Seems like scorpion can use his regular teleport and his EX teleport in one combo .
i mean does the EX tele have to come before the regular version always for takeda? and if so why is that .

i can do 3 different EX moves in one combo with Takeda but it will not let me do a EX tele after i have already did a regular tele in one combo no matter what i try

is this something thats just random between fighters?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i just made two videos of me only getting the regular tele when my commands def say i have pressed both buttons.. ill post once they upload

edit-- sorry for all the crap before it - starts about 19 secs in - tried a EX tele after the NJP
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/648b493f-91f8-4172-ab03-5cb0ad6601b7?gamerTag=xAIECHESx&scid=1a930100-429f-476c-bfaf-f01b3c1f5b39

same deal -few seconds in - EX tele is not coming out even when inputs look pretty clean
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/d0dbd1c6-71df-479c-8ce3-ddb8bb2422ff?gamerTag=xAIECHESx&scid=1a930100-429f-476c-bfaf-f01b3c1f5b39

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well I'm assuming your control scheme is set so that LT is your meter burn/block rather than RT.

What are your settings for release check/negative edge, alternate controls and input shortcuts?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Try inputting your special move just as the last move in your combo string hits the opponent.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
haha yeah im using a custom stick and LT is my Block - negative edge and all that jazz is turned off- i did that shit first 5 minutes of turning on the game. ... i just dont think its possible ... cause there should be zero reason why the tele doesnt come out.. i can hit the EX tele in everything else BUT any combo i have already used the regular one..

oh and to Roos- hahaha man its really tough but i think im gonna stick with Takeda as one of my mains... its hard and frustrating sometimes but he really clicks with my play style -BESIDES the no answer to rush down... Right now ERMACS and good L.KANGS are my FML matches.. everything else it really has been coming down to skill and/or bad decisions on my part... But on match were i do win and it feels like i really EARNED it - i do feel pretty hype about myself.