What's new

Question - Ninjitsu Can someone show me Ninjutsu's match ups?

FOXSOLID

Noob
Does he lose anything badly? What are his most troublesome ones?

From playing online, 2 specific HQT players were getting the best of me and I can't tell if it was lag or having inferior tools. That long range poke is quite annoying.

Does he lose anything badly? What are his most troublesome ones?

From playing online, 2 specific HQT players were getting the best of me and I can't tell if it was lag or having inferior tools. That long range poke is quite annoying.
Yep exact problem I have with hqt. Apparently it's a 5-5. When Hqt does d4 Low laser, most hqts follow up with b2. U can do b4 which Low profiles and if u wanna take the risk, cancel b4 into spear. He also has a lot of gimmicks such as d4 into disc which can be interrupted. Not to say, the only cancels u have to respect are 12 cancel, f12 cancel, 32 cancel and 4 cancel. As for Ninjutsu's mus, majority of them are even.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Ninjutsu gets a good handle on HQT. D4 low lasers is gimmicky and backdashable and after lasers is blocked predator loses his turn. The other thing to take note is that outside of d4, Predator gets beaten out by ninjutsu else where. The EX lasers are duckable with crouch block and u can whiff punish him with b2 if done at the wrong range. His d4 is quite minus so there's that too. His pressure is really the only thing u hv to worry about since u can abuse him on oki and the few characters that lacks two hit armor.

He doesn't lose to anyone. I do have a mu chart that can give u an idea of what his matchup looks like

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Hish-Qu-Ten Predator does not beat Ninjutsu Scorpion. Actually, I think it's one of his better match-ups.

Predator's D4 has a very questionable cancel advantage. All follow-ups can be interrupted unless Predator is crazy enough to cancel D4 into the EX Scimitar Lunge, which he generally will not do when he prefers his lasers.

Unlike most characters, Scorpion can command respect from Predator while the disc is in play solely because of his teleport. If in B2 range, the disc becomes even more risky for Predator to use. You cannot punish the disc reactively, but you check him for it which is more than enough to give you a chance at seizing control of the match.

Unlike most characters, Hish-Qu-Ten's armor can only absorb one hit. Score a knockdown and you're free to do as you please. In the neutral, D4 has considerable range, but your F2 and B2 are just as solid.

The only troublesome part of this match-up is when you are forced to take the run cancel pressure, as Scorpion shares Predator's weakness of a bad reversal game.

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
The only troublesome part of this match-up is when you are forced to take the run cancel pressure, as Scorpion shares Predator's weakness of a bad reversal game. However, Predator isn't quite as mixup-savvy as most characters in terms of lows and overheads. Once you get a feel of how his blockstrings and plus frames work, you can develop a strong defense while looking for a way out.
This, good sir, is just wrong. 112 and 11-ex low plasma is one of the best mixups in the game. However there are plenty more, e.g. making use of 32 (oh) and low plasma.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This, good sir, is just wrong. 112 and 11-ex low plasma is one of the best mixups in the game. However there are plenty more, e.g. making use of 32 (oh) and low plasma.
I said "he isn't quite as mixup-savvy." I didn't say he's not mixup-savvy at all.

I did overlook 32, though, so nice catch. Interestingly enough, I don't give many Predators a chance to tag me with that at all.

not really ground breaking mixups. Ex low plasma mixups do not work in the corner and requires a bar.

Tweedy

Noob
Nah you can fuzzy 32 and 3 low laser, high to low.

122 and 12 low laser is a real mix though.