What's new

Can someone please make a guide on how to beat Jade?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
There have been a lot of Jades in tournament play. Waz is a great player but he isn't winning even with Sonya, Geras or whoever is considered OP for the week. Jade is a super solid character.
Kitana Prime and Waz have been the most successful Jades and Waz dropped her.
She's far from "super solid".
And yes. Online everything is worse. Still, knowing that a character is heavily negative on everything is an important notion.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Why would you need to if she's a zoning character?
Because getting in on her isn't that hard. Just play patiently and you'll be in her face in no time. And the second you put her in the corner it's gg, she virtually has no good pressure to compete with most of the cast. Unless they roll, but you can too and just put her back in there. The number of times I punished her overhead pop-up string with a roll is ridiculous.

I'm not saying she's bad, she's ok, but people seem to be either upplaying her too much or downplaying her too much.

Because getting in on her isn't that hard. Just play patiently and you'll be in her face in no time. And the second you put her in the corner it's gg, she virtually has no good pressure to compete with most of the cast. Unless they roll, but you can too and just put her back in there. The number of times I punished her overhead pop-up string with a roll is ridiculous.

I'm not saying she's bad, she's ok, but people seem to be either upplaying her too much or downplaying her too much.
Getting in on Jade is very freaking difficult. The chick can negate all zoning

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You still has more range than most of the cast with her normals
Just be patient, trust me, it pays off. I play Kano and Cassie and they're both not that great against her. But if you take your time and block all her projectiles you can catch her making mistakes.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
LOL yeah for real.

But seriously to the OP, she is ridiculously good. Don’t let the downplayers fool you. And idk the answer to your question. You just have to play very solid against her and be extremely patient.
She’s really punishable though . Lot moves beat her stuff