What's new

Match-up Discussion Can someone help me vs aquaman

I really hate this match up. I need tips. Heres video of me losing to my friend in tournament who is an aquaman player. I feel like this trait just destroys me and his meter burn trident rush can get easily abused because I can't punish and he gains almost a full bar after spending it.

I really need help with this match up. I feel this is a real struggle against aquaman.

DarthArma vs Riyo (aquaman)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to play with an aquaman with a good connection online to help me with this match up.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Once you knock him down stay on his ass. I'm talking crossups all day. Aquaman's wake ups can't do anything vs cross ups.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
In the first video, if you did 112 mb batarang and kept going with more pressure into mb batarang, i think you would have chipped him out. I know you probably didn't do it on purpose either, but when you push blocked BEFORE he mb Trident rush, you lose out.

Imo, in this match Batman needs to abuse the frame traps with call bats. (b11 cb, 22 cb, 12 etc). The longer you stay in, the more likely he traits early and you can combo.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
In the first video, if you did 112 mb batarang and kept going with more pressure into mb batarang, i think you would have chipped him out. I know you probably didn't do it on purpose either, but when you push blocked BEFORE he mb Trident rush, you lose out.

Imo, in this match Batman needs to abuse the frame traps with call bats. (b11 cb, 22 cb, 12 etc). The longer you stay in, the more likely he traits early and you can combo.
a smart Aquaman player will just push block the bats/pressure.

but yep like you said. you have to be on his ass 24/7 and make him use trait.

crossups bro, crossups 24/7

Pick up Green Lantern or Deathstroke instead. The only suggestions I would have is to parry on reaction to his slow overhead starter and jump in to grab on wakeup but there's not much it seemed like you could do against that guy.