What's new

Question - Cryomancer Can someone explain to me why this is better?

Nate

Mutant Rebel
This isn't to complain. I've been playing Cryomancer forever and think it's awesome, I'm not saying we need anything at all, I would just like if someone could explain how some of these changes actually make a difference?

The way I see it, Cryomancer already had basically easy as fucking pie 40% one bar mid screen combo's. F4 was a fast punish that combo'd with iceball so you still get an easy almost 40% for one bar off of a f4 punish. 11 iceball already combo'd, so why the big deal that 111 combo's to iceball? I can't say I'm familiar with the f12 string so I'm not sure how it's cancel advantage affects me because I don't think I use it. And if it's not safe on block or if there isn't some other reason to use it, I'll continue not to. Has normal hammer become safe because of pushback? Is there no longer a gap on those strings into hammer? If so that's nice I guess, but it's still crazy to throw it out there willy nilly at -9. Unless the pushback makes it safe. Air hammer being -2 is pretty cool I'll admit that.

Like I said it's not meant to be whiny, I think the character is great, but upon initial inspection of these changes, it just seems like now you're going to have to do more actual work to get the damage? I mean cold as ice by itself used to be fucken 24%. The thing I always liked about cryomancer was you could kill very easily in a few touches, now it seems like you can still do that, but you have to do twice as many inputs? It's not like anything has really changed as far as opening people up right? Is the Hard knockdown really so great or something? Now you're open to characters great wake ups. I never had a problem being at neutral, subs' d4 is pimp. I thought all we really needed was maybe a better way to build meter or something. I must just be missing the point, so please enlighten me TYM.

Does it all just come down to damage even? I mean are we at even freaken higher than 40% midscreen for a bar now?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't know enough to go along or argue, but most Subs seem ecstatic so there must be an end game that is being missed - either by them or by you.

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
This isn't to complain. I've been playing Cryomancer forever and think it's awesome, I'm not saying we need anything at all, I would just like if someone could explain how some of these changes actually make a difference?

The way I see it, Cryomancer already had basically easy as fucking pie 40% one bar mid screen combo's. F4 was a fast punish that combo'd with iceball so you still get an easy almost 40% for one bar off of a f4 punish. 11 iceball already combo'd, so why the big deal that 111 combo's to iceball? I can't say I'm familiar with the f12 string so I'm not sure how it's cancel advantage affects me because I don't think I use it. And if it's not safe on block or if there isn't some other reason to use it, I'll continue not to. Has normal hammer become safe because of pushback? Is there no longer a gap on those strings into hammer? If so that's nice I guess, but it's still crazy to throw it out there willy nilly at -9. Unless the pushback makes it safe. Air hammer being -2 is pretty cool I'll admit that.

Like I said it's not meant to be whiny, I think the character is great, but upon initial inspection of these changes, it just seems like now you're going to have to do more actual work to get the damage? I mean cold as ice by itself used to be fucken 24%. The thing I always liked about cryomancer was you could kill very easily in a few touches, now it seems like you can still do that, but you have to do twice as many inputs? It's not like anything has really changed as far as opening people up right? Is the Hard knockdown really so great or something? Now you're open to characters great wake ups. I never had a problem being at neutral, subs' d4 is pimp. I thought all we really needed was maybe a better way to build meter or something. I must just be missing the point, so please enlighten me TYM.

Does it all just come down to damage even? I mean are we at even freaken higher than 40% midscreen for a bar now?

Simply put... yes its higher than 40. Yeah theres more inputs. Yes you must run cancel to catch cold blooded off a raw b2.

Simply put it gives cryo much better options off of his OH and low starters, also increases his damage output by a bit and even allows him to vortex if he so chooses

just keep playin it out with the changes, you'll see the benefit the more u play

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Everything is better. Mozy on down to the all new Subby combo thread and see the fruits of this patch yourself. 43% off an overhead----43% off an advancing f1-----41% off of f4.......

Cryo has always been about the damage and easy conversions, and we got both with this patch

seakaybe

Noob
Simply put it gives cryo much better options off of his OH and low starters, also increases his damage output by a bit and even allows him to vortex if he so chooses

just keep playin it out with the changes, you'll see the benefit the more u play
Excuse my ignorance, since the patch I've started putting some time into cryomancer, where is the vortex?

I've got a solid 46% corner combo with one bar, most of everyone has probably worked it out already, b2,b2, f42grab~db2, f42grab~bf4

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
F12 now gives you a guaranteed 50/50 as its +29 now. In the corner off of the overhead, I can get 35% into a guaranteed 50/50, and off of the low I get about 32% into a knockdown. 111 mid screen gets you 40% for one bar off of a 7 frame punish. His damage hasn't changed too much, but its more consistent off of most of his hit confirms.