What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Can Someone Explain This?

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O

I came across this with CSZ today.

I know J1 is +15 on hit and J2 is +24 and I was trying to use the advantage to set up a 50/50 but I got a knock down instead of a launch on the overhead B2.

This only happens after being airborne. This doesn't happen with a regular standing B1 2+4.

Only a deep J2 links to B2 so technically J1 should work every time.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

I came across this with CSZ today.

I know J1 is +15 on hit and J2 is +24 and I was trying to use the advantage to set up a 50/50 but I got a knock down instead of a launch on the overhead B2.

This only happens after being airborne. This doesn't happen with a regular standing B1 2+4.

Only a deep J2 links to B2 so technically J1 should working every time.
Sometimes NRS does that to prevent infinites or resets...

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Sometimes NRS does that to prevent infinites or resets...
But you need meter for the restand so no matter what this wouldn't lead to an infinite.

Maybe you could use this for an oki bomb setup?
Hmmm... I'll look into it

It happens because you already hit them with an NJP. Try doing b2 and NJP in the same combo. It doesnt work.
I know that doesn't work but the point is I am going for a reset and I don't want B2 to be part of the same combo.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Lol this is awesome, no resets allowed.

So, be real with us for a second @16 Bit ... What are we looking at as far as hot fixes/ patches in the future? Set the tone for us.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I don't see this as being a bug, but more or less the hit advantage on the JIP. Since you are linking it after the JIP.

Try to take 1 step forward then do b2.

I guess the best way to explain it is that you are still in a combo state when doing the JIP, the B2 has a certain property with launching. So trying to "reset" while still in a combo state isn't going to work.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I don't see this as being a bug, but more or less the hit advantage on the JIP. Since you are linking it after the JIP.

I guess the best way to explain it is that you are still in a combo state when doing the JIP, the B2 has a certain property with launching. So trying to "reset" while still in a combo state isn't going to work.
That might work, but as you can see the b2 is actually not adding to the combo. If you set the CPU to auto block, it would actually block the b2. Therefore, it's out of the combo state but still causing a knockdown.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O

Jump in 1 doesn't link period so the reset should work. Also, if you watch the counter you'll see that it doesn't count the last hit as part of the combo.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
That might work, but as you can see the b2 is actually not adding to the combo. If you set the CPU to auto block, it would actually block the b2. Therefore, it's out of the combo state but still causing a knockdown.
Jump in 1 doesn't link period so the reset should work. Also, if you watch the counter you'll see that it doesn't count the last hit as part of the combo.
I understand it isn't comboing or doesn't combo period. It's not the b2, it's the JIP. Try doing it with an empty jump.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
If you do a JIP in to standing 4 then do a B2 it will work, but since the JIP makes you in a combo state, it wont work, but try this set AI to block but have them crouch block. See what happens then.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
I understand it isn't comboing or doesn't combo period. It's not the b2, it's the JIP. Try doing it with an empty jump.
Again, this only happens after the opponents been juggled and hit with B1 2+4.

If you hit them with a standing B1 2+4 I am free to hit the reset with no problem.

So the JIP is not the problem

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Again, this only happens after the opponents been juggled and hit with B1 2+4.

If you hit them with a standing B1 2+4 I am free to hit the reset with no problem.

So the JIP is not the problem
If you understand the properties of B2 then you should understand why this isn't working. I am 100% confident that if another character had the same situation it would turn out with the same results.

Obviously you figured out that you can only do it if the B1 2+4 is hit on a landed opponent. If they are airborne it does not work, meaning you are still in a "COMBO STATE" the game is registering it as if you are still in the combo. Therefore linking those 2 launchers do not work in the same combo. (I understand it doesn't register as a combo).

I would like for you to make a video on what happens with you have AI set to "Auto Block Low" see if there is a difference.

So for you to say it's not the JIP is incorrect, if you did 4 after the JIP then a B2 it would work. Since the JIP and B2 has certain properties it isn't going to work. Essentially you are having too many launchers within the same combo, just like a NJP NJP combo, or a B2 NJP.

I am not sure of any other way to explain this.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
If you understand the properties of B2 then you should understand why this isn't working. I am 100% confident that if another character had the same situation it would turn out with the same results.

Obviously you figured out that you can only do it if the B1 2+4 is hit on a landed opponent. If they are airborne it does not work, meaning you are still in a "COMBO STATE" the game is registering it as if you are still in the combo. Therefore linking those 2 launchers do not work in the same combo. (I understand it doesn't register as a combo).

I would like for you to make a video on what happens with you have AI set to "Auto Block Low" see if there is a difference.

So for you to say it's not the JIP is incorrect, if you did 4 after the JIP then a B2 it would work. Since the JIP and B2 has certain properties it isn't going to work. Essentially you are having too many launchers within the same combo, just like a NJP NJP combo, or a B2 NJP.

I am not sure of any other way to explain this.
I appreciate the responses and I completely understand what you're saying but can we agree that it is registering as a combo but SHOULD'NT.

Anything after a JIP puts B2 out of range except S1 but you're sacrificing frames and giving the opponent more of an opportunity to armor out.

I can try to test further later tonight but I do also recall the after JIP2 even after I delayed the B2 it still caused the knock down so I don't think it's NRS intention to have this still register as a combo that doesn't link???? If that makes any sense.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But you need meter for the restand so no matter what this wouldn't lead to an infinite.
I know... But sometimes things like this are implemented in a more "just in kase" way.. Where they make sure there's no way, rather than fine tune it so that the character has more depth. It varies from character to character but it makes sense, they have time konstraints and priorities when trying to avoid bugs/exploits.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
So I looked further into this and yes if the opponent crouch blocks they get launched.

But if they get caught not blocking while standing it still causes the knockdown.

I still think this is a little off. If I hit the opponent crouching or standing it should launch either way.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It's not a bug. After a Neutral Jump Punch, if you connect B2 after an NJP, it will splat unless you put in the drone for the B2...like it's even worth it in the first place...

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
It's not a bug. After a Neutral Jump Punch, if you connect B2 after an NJP, it will splat unless you put in the drone for the B2...like it's even worth it in the first place...
Naw bro I already labbed it and the NJP is not the issue.

As I stated before, this will launch if the opponent crouch blocks but if the opponent gets hit standing it will splat.

Makes no sense but yea... It's ok cuz it's TRiBORG.