What's new

Can someone confirm bait and switch

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
From what I heard it had to do with hurricane sandy. You cannot buy benq in store so they needed to be shipped from NY. I guess they did the best they could with the situation. At first it was really crazy seeing the tape and stickers but after hearing about the reason why, It makes sense. Also the benq doesn't lag if you have the settings correct.

GhosT

Noob
Nobody knows the true circumstances here. Whatever MLG did was in the best interest of all parties involved and i wouldnt rustle the hive over something as trivial as this. MLG is the best thing that has happened for MK over the past year keeping our game and community alive and strong. They obviously like to listen to us and love that we are so active. No need to try to come up with reasons to not like them.
I TOLD YOU SMARR! but you doubted me ! loll!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Who gives a shit? I'm sure the reason was they were using all their benQ monitors for halo 4. So had to use the Asus I'm sure they have from the 2011 tournaments.

I'm sure the benQ company knows eithe way as they had a booth like 5 feet from our set ups.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I just find it ironic..... Don't cha think!
i find it as "xmas come early" because the hell w benq, asus all day

Who cares?

Stop looking for things to criticize, people had an unbelievable bitchin time. This was best MLG yet, lot of unknowns became known, lot of esport interviews with up and coming players like madzin, dab, etc.

Tons of esport publications did interviews w players that will be posted soon.

Ill have you know I made sure they grabbed a lot of different players not just the ones you think

MLG 4 life

jamessmk

I am your god
While I respect the shady tactics of MLG, it does make me laugh. And this is "supposed" to be a major company doing used car salesman tactics. I mean I am sure BenQ gave a good amount of money to be MLG exclusive monitors. But on a "BUSINESS" aspect, looks like a child like maneuver. I will not put them on blast over this, but just remember the MO, this is the nature of this business. Fucking people over. Nuff said
See this is what I don't understand. If people read what I said "I would not bring this out on show" So now can we drop this, already. Go vote or something people!!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
See this is what I don't understand. If people read what I said "I would not bring this out on show" So now can we drop this, already. Go vote or something people!!
Dude off topic, voting is nuts today. There are ass loads of huge lines

Ive never seen voter turn out like this.

Itd be interesting to ask sabin about the monitor thing. I would guess it might be an end of benq at mlg , pretty safe bet

jamessmk

I am your god
Dude off topic, voting is nuts today. There are ass loads of huge lines

Ive never seen voter turn out like this.

Itd be interesting to ask sabin about the monitor thing. I would guess it might be an end of benq at mlg , pretty safe bet
I really did not want to bring it up with MLG or the show. I don't think it is end for benq and have feeling it was somewhat related to $$$ and huricanne.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I really did not want to bring it up with MLG or the show. I don't think it is end for benq and have feeling it was somewhat related to $$$ and huricanne.
I heard rumors that with the need for a lot more monitors because of adding halo 4 (which was run entirely on benq) and their headquarters being in NY (due to to the hurricane) that they had to pull out the old asus that they had from tekken a few years back.