What's new

Can Injustice 2 Get a Hit & Hurt Box Viewer? Please?

This will lack some of the meat & potatoes that many of my threads feature. It's more along the lines of a topic to create discussion & hopefully achieve a result. While it may be considered 'Too hardcore' for some of the Casual audience, I feel as though in 2016, and 2017 (When the game releases) There needs to be a way of examining Hit & Hurt boxes built into the game. MKX saw arguably the best Training Mode of any current Gen fighting game, and I feel as though that feature would be an appropriate and welcome build on top of that.

There are a few characters in the game with, we'll say quirky Boxes, Ermac's D4 for instance. I believe being able to see how these boxes function would be a step towards not only improving a player's skill at knowing which move to use under what circumstances, but also allow us to point out faulty/broken hit boxes to the Developer, making them easier to justify through patching.

Just my thoughts, I know similar sentiments have been expressed through other outlets. Do you agree with the proposition?

E

Eldriken

I fully agree. But I doubt we'd get that fortunate. The hitboxes in NRS games have always been wonky as Hell. Imagine how our minds would be blown if we got to see exactly how fucked they are.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I fully agree. But I doubt we'd get that fortunate. The hitboxes in NRS games have always been wonky as Hell. Imagine how our minds would be blown if we got to see exactly how fucked they are.
Exactly, all hell would break loose if people saw how fucked some of these moves are. But I still definitely want one, there are a lot of moves I'm curious about.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
it would be really nice if they added it. But i feel they are maybe scared to show how bad the hit/hurtboxes are. Imagine seeing something like Kotals JIP1, Mileenas ball roll and things like that.

It's necessary in my opinion. Trying to hide it as though we won't be able to crudely piece together the Boxes just casts a dim light. The SF Community has found a means of doing it, and to my knowledge so has the KI community. For next gen fighters it should be considered a must-add.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is something all fighting games should have. SFV's training mode is even more robust than MKX's, yet it still lacks this.

It's a very useful thing to have, especially when you're looking for the players' opinions on what needs to change. This and SFV's reversal/wake-up recording and a training replay function that allows you to slow things down to the frame. Insta lab monster paradise.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
it would be really nice if they added it. But i feel they are maybe scared to show how bad the hit/hurtboxes are. Imagine seeing something like Kotals JIP1, Mileenas ball roll and things like that.
Yes, we are all aware of the known industry fear of hitbox reveals.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Or worse, pre patch Kotal JiP1. Hitbox the size of Alien's tail.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
There is nothing for NRS to fear if they are confident in there ability to develop and patch their games. It should be done in every fighting game as it would give players a deeper understanding of how fighting games actually function. I'd geuss that many players have stopped playing fighters simply cause they did not like how there favorite characters attacks interact with another characters; by adding a hit/hurt-box viewer they could alleviate some of the frustration associated with them.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm pretty sure NRS doesn't use the typical "hurt box" that most fighting games use. They always refer to them as spheres. So you would have hit-spheres and hurt-spheres, lol. I think it's because the hitbox is actually tied to the 3d model somehow, so they find the sphere more accurate? I don't know, but it might be too confusing for people.

I'd rather have them add more training mode options. I'd really like a fighting game to come out that lets you program a character frame by frame, so you could test combos and setups and different responses. You could then record and playback rewind frame by frame and see exactly what is happening at each moment. That is basically the ultimate tool right there.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Something else I'd like to see, but probably isn't that necessary, is a practice mode that visually shows you the recovery or block stun of a move by having the character glow or something for the duration of those frames. I feel that something like that would really help me practice getting the exact timing on frametraps, armor, etc.