What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Takeda Calling all Takeda mains

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Hey guys, I've always hated the Takeda MU for one reason or another. My main is Kitana but I do have a lot of pocket characters.

I'd say I do alright against Takeda, but it's his pressure that I kinda struggle with a bit, primarily SR since it's the most commonly used variation.

I'd appreciate anyone here who's been maining takeda since day one or an adequate amount of time to help me level up in this MU some more in practice mode on psn. The better and more difficult your Takeda is, the more it'll help me.

Any form of help is appreciated!

Hey guys, I've always hated the Takeda MU for one reason or another. My main is Kitana but I do have a lot of pocket characters.

I'd say I do alright against Takeda, but it's his pressure that I kinda struggle with a bit, primarily SR since it's the most commonly used variation.

I'd appreciate anyone here who's been maining takeda since day one or an adequate amount of time to help me level up in this MU some more in practice mode on psn. The better and more difficult your Takeda is, the more it'll help me.

Do you ever get hit by "kunai mixups"?

evolution07

> Calls all Takeda mains
> Specifies Shirai Ryu
Stop it lol I could use help against all variations but SR gives me the most trouble. I want to learn all variations equally.

Do you ever get hit by "kunai mixups"?
Yes and no. I know they're coming, and sometimes on a read I will jump out of the ex kunai setup and punish, or I'll block a low kunai and try to punish with whatever I can. I did it yesterday and won myself a match. I'll have to upload it for folks to watch, but my problem is being locked down by his b21 teleport cancels, F12 etc pressure. It's almost like dealing with pre patch Tanya and how she could just lock you down with b1,2+4 ex rekka or b1,2+4 tele cancel.

I'd like some visuals and training on how to counter it all.

Stop it lol I could use help against all variations but SR gives me the most trouble. I want to learn all variations equally.

Yes and no. I know they're coming, and sometimes on a read I will jump out of the ex kunai setup and punish, or I'll block a low kunai and try to punish with whatever I can. I did it yesterday and won myself a match. I'll have to upload it for folks to watch, but my problem is being locked down by his b21 teleport cancels, F12 etc pressure. It's almost like dealing with pre patch Tanya and how she could just lock you down with b1,2+4 ex rekka or b1,2+4 tele cancel.

If you read kunai, armor bro. Full punish everytime. Theres a gap created when kunai is used

I m on xbox so I can only give you a few queues:
-First If he tries to cancel a string into EX kunai u can armor through and punish it s not a real thing unless you get knocked down first
-Secondly always block low against SR and just react to his overhead, all his overhead options are pretty slow and reactable
-In addition b21 tele cancel is a gimmick unless he is far from you you can punish it upclose(even armor it)
-Finally f122+4 kunai is good but since u re kitana I would recommend just trowing a fan after u block a kunai it will take care of most of his options

evolution07

You said You usually jump when you read kunai. Just trying to give advice.
I appreciate your advice, no doubt about that. I've only jumped out of ex kunai setups. I can't recall if I've tested jumping out of the normal ones, and if I did I think I was hit by it still.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief

I'll help as well.. Add me on XBL.. :)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I appreciate your advice, no doubt about that. I've only jumped out of ex kunai setups. I can't recall if I've tested jumping out of the normal ones, and if I did I think I was hit by it still.
After B122+4 he can either let the ExKunai go straight away and there will be no gap or he can delay it, go for a HTB but create a gap between the string and the Kunai. That's the mind game on that string into ExKunai anyway.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
After B122+4 he can either let the ExKunai go straight away and there will be no gap or he can delay it, go for a HTB but create a gap between the string and the Kunai. That's the mind game on that string into ExKunai anyway.
It's basically just a 50/50

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Thx. I'll send a FR with a note to go along with it.

I haven't had any takeda matches lately, so progress hasnt really been made. I'd still like training and MU knowledge across all variations though.
We can play tonight once I get home from work. I am proficient in all variations. :)