What's new

Strategy - Warrior Calling All Lab Monsters!

BxKeyz

Noob
Hello everyone! I'm here to talk to all my lab monsters out there about Warrior Predator. I am under the opinion that this character is good but we need to look for the good stuff. The dirt. If you follow @YOMI REO you'll know he's found one kind of setup in the corner that can lead to some serious damage and setplay that, with enough bar, can actually loop into itself. This is quite nice as you may have guessed but still I've heard some absolute trash being talked about this character and I have seen little to no play. So I ask my lab dwellers to assist this variation. Find some dirt, get some conversations going about this character so others can try and find tech too! I'll be there looking for things as well but I can NOT do it myself. So what do you say? Lab time?

Tagging some of the people that I know who can lab up a storm (i'm tagging you even if you don't play the character. Not playing him doesn't mean you can't lab the crap out of him.)

@dennycascade
@Cooljaxx
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@DarksydeDash (you've found some solid Warrior tech, wanna take another go?)
@BxKeyz
@Skeezer12
@Any other lab monsters (if i missed you, don't get insulted instead prove yourself! Make sure I never make the mistake of not noticing your labbing skills again)
So do you want me to post it here or in the predator thread?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Mostly the same BnBs but just end with either ji3 or ji1 into pounce. You might have to delay the pounce out of the air normal depending on the height and what not

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Safe launchingg 50/50 setup

Any launcher into sky disk into f4 disk setup. If timed right the jnstant air db2 will meterlessly combo, and i think b311/b31 bf1 combos aswell.

Still looking!

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
I was wrong it doesnt launch :( it wasnt a true combo when i did it sorry for the misinformation

HateMe!

Noob
Let's not talk about his 50/50 with 30+% damage that also happens to be safe on block with a free disk setup
Please elaborate. If you're talking about ex iastrike/b3, ex iastrike It's not safe and also costs a bar. Warrior doesn't have any + frames to actually enforce the mixup except for ex bf1 in the corner, or after jip.

I was trying to make Warrior work, but there isn't a single reason to pick him except for the 'fun' factor.

Parasurama

Dragon
Please elaborate. If you're talking about ex iastrike/b3, ex iastrike It's not safe and also costs a bar. Warrior doesn't have any + frames to actually enforce the mixup except for ex bf1 in the corner, or after jip.

I was trying to make Warrior work, but there isn't a single reason to pick him except for the 'fun' factor.
Does warrior have a true 50 50 or is the IA yauja strike reactable ?

HateMe!

Noob
Perfectly done iastrike is 17-18 frames if I remember well, and you see Predator jumping as opposed to b3 where he stays grounded - I'd say it's reactable.
His only true 50/50 is JIP on block then you EX strike while still in air or land then b+3.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
IAStrike is unreactable. If SonicFox, a player with absurd reaction timing, says it's unreactable, it's probably unreactable but meh

HateMe!

Noob
IAStrike is unreactable. If SonicFox, a player with absurd reaction timing, says it's unreactable, it's probably unreactable but meh
So it probably is unreactable. It should be easy to react to tho if it's not done perfectly because as soon as you see Predator leave ground you block high, instead of reacting to 2 different animations from a standing character. I hope I explained it well.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
There's no hidden tech for this character imo
Compare Inferno with Predator you might say Inferno is even better. "at least he has broken jump 3 and he wins the projectile trade"
While I was having fun with HQT I took Warrior to the lab for like 5 hours, all I found was how to do ~ 60% damage combo after spending 1 bar and exploding 2 times

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
2 horrible weakness of Warrior:
F12U3 is an awesome string (7f high, launch on hit, no gap, -3 on block), but Warrior gets NOTHING off this
His ex BF1 looks nice but it pushes opponents back too far away for Warrior to do anything useful

HateMe!

Noob
He gets pressure off ex bf1 if the opponent is cornered. You can ex iastrike for a bar, b+3 or eat their armor. Great risk/reward as well. kappa

EDIT: Wait, is it just +6 on block? No mixup as well then. :^)))

Warrior - No pressure, no mixups, no fullscreen presence, no way of getting in. Shit, even his self-destruct combos do similiar damage as other characters' 1/2 bar corner combos, but they don't have to deal 10-20% dmg to themselves in the process...

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
He gets pressure off ex bf1 if the opponent is cornered. You can ex iastrike for a bar, b+3 or eat their armor. Great risk/reward as well. kappa

EDIT: Wait, is it just +6 on block? No mixup as well then. :^)))

Warrior - No pressure, no mixups, no fullscreen presence, no way of getting in. Shit, even his self-destruct combos do similiar damage as other characters' 1/2 bar corner combos, but they don't have to deal 10-20% dmg to themselves in the process...
Disk is his way in. Disk is his lifeline in this variation

HateMe!

Noob
How should I utilize it? I can't get in vs zoners fullscreen. When I try to use iadisk, most of the time I just have to block a projectile on my way down and it's gone.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
If anyone still thinks Warrior can disc inbetween projectiles to get in, go test this in the lab: record Cutthroat Kano spamming knives, then switch to Warrior, try to duck a knife and throw disc. Then come back here and tell me you don't get hit by the next knife during the horrible recovery frames of disc. Seriously CT Kano isn't even a zoner but he always has a lot of meter ready before you touches him. Johnny Cage is a bigger issue with forceball being mid and does more damage. Kitana, Shinnok and Pyro are true nightmares

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If anyone still thinks Warrior can disc inbetween projectiles to get in, go test this in the lab: record Cutthroat Kano spamming knives, then switch to Warrior, try to duck a knife and throw disc. Then come back here and tell me you don't get hit by the next knife during the horrible recovery frames of disc. Seriously CT Kano isn't even a zoner but he always has a lot of meter ready before you touches him. Johnny Cage is a bigger issue with forceball being mid and does more damage. Kitana, Shinnok and Pyro are true nightmares
It's definitely dependent on the projectile's recovery but i've never really seen disc as something that's great for warrior in the neutral except for the matchups where the projectiles are bad/non existent.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
It's definitely dependent on the projectile's recovery but i've never really seen disc as something that's great for warrior in the neutral except for the matchups where the projectiles are bad/non existent.
It's very important in the bone shaper mu

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
How should I utilize it? I can't get in vs zoners fullscreen. When I try to use iadisk, most of the time I just have to block a projectile on my way down and it's gone.
You need 1 good read to start your offense. If you are going against someone who likesaid to press buttons end the combo with detonate on the knockdown

HateMe!

Noob
You need 1 good read to start your offense.
And how do you do that? Duck, walk, block your way in, and just 50/50 them if you get in range? If I go OH and they block high I lost a bar and I'm most probably back to fullscreen. What do you mean by offense? He has no real pressure or frame traps.
I still see no real reason to pick him except for the fun stuff - Self-detonate laugh and pimpslapping people for days. :^)
He may have the necessary tools, but other characters can do the same but better.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lackey f/t is way better I play both these characters at times for fun. Lackey is way less meter dependant and has better pressure with command grabs, staggers and oki. I thin his walk speed is better and his bf3 eats projectiles and has a nasty hit advantage
Less meter dependent how? We still need meter to do damage, to get in at all, and so on. Our pressure is great for exactly one command grab, then we have to run in from full-screen with the slowest run speed in the game and no options. Also what oki? You mean taking a 28% combo to try and pressure with no respectable moves? Like what players are you playing where you can pressure with no meter against anyone? Where are you getting the idea that walk speed means anything?

Name me one projectile that b.f.3 can eat and punish, because barring point blank and a VERY heavy read, there isn't one that won't get you blown up for big damage for trying to be cute.

Walk speed doesn't mean diddly from the full-screen away, and bf3 eats projectiles and has armor for the first like... 4 frames, then it falls off. Every single move we have loses armor after the first half of it's animation.

Onto the actual topic:
Warrior is kinda spent. He doesn't really fill any specific niche that the other two don't manage well enough. Self-destruct has dirt, but none that'll hold up over a set probably.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't know much about lackey but he's as terrible as warrior. And people who don't know much about those two still say "he's not that bad, he's still kinda good"....
d4 is the biggest joke about Warrior. It's +16 on hit, but he doesn't have any decent range normal, even after that +16 he can't really start his offense. His only long range normal - B2 is a 17f high.