What's new

Strategy - Warrior Calling All Lab Monsters!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hello everyone! I'm here to talk to all my lab monsters out there about Warrior Predator. I am under the opinion that this character is good but we need to look for the good stuff. The dirt. If you follow @YOMI REO you'll know he's found one kind of setup in the corner that can lead to some serious damage and setplay that, with enough bar, can actually loop into itself. This is quite nice as you may have guessed but still I've heard some absolute trash being talked about this character and I have seen little to no play. So I ask my lab dwellers to assist this variation. Find some dirt, get some conversations going about this character so others can try and find tech too! I'll be there looking for things as well but I can NOT do it myself. So what do you say? Lab time?

Tagging some of the people that I know who can lab up a storm (i'm tagging you even if you don't play the character. Not playing him doesn't mean you can't lab the crap out of him.)

@dennycascade
@Cooljaxx
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@DarksydeDash (you've found some solid Warrior tech, wanna take another go?)
@BxKeyz
@Skeezer12
@Any other lab monsters (if i missed you, don't get insulted instead prove yourself! Make sure I never make the mistake of not noticing your labbing skills again)

CrazyFingers

Ivan been focused on school a lot more than mkx lately. I have to worry about algebra and got accepted into national junior honors society , so I have a lot on my plate. But I'll look into this when I have the time
I know those feels to an extent man just figured I'd ask for the help. But school first always. I've made some shitty mistakes when it comes to school so keep on that shit tight.

Skedar70

Noob
I doubt there is anything hidden that can improve this variation. After the patch I think it's the worse in the game since master of storms and unbreakable were buffed. It struggles hard in the neutral and is very meter hungry with no way of building it.

CrazyFingers

I doubt there is anything hidden that can improve this variation. After the patch I think it's the worse in the game since master of storms and unbreakable were buffed. It struggles hard in the neutral and is very meter hungry with no way of building it.
I disagree on the part where he's the worst. Argument, Lackey F/T exists.

Skedar70

Noob
Lackey f/t is way better I play both these characters at times for fun. Lackey is way less meter dependant and has better pressure with command grabs, staggers and oki. I thin his walk speed is better and his bf3 eats projectiles and has a nasty hit advantage

CrazyFingers

Lackey f/t is way better I play both these characters at times for fun. Lackey is way less meter dependant and has better pressure with command grabs, staggers and oki. I thin his walk speed is better and his bf3 eats projectiles and has a nasty hit advantage
Wait BF3 does what now? What's the window on that?

CrazyFingers

It always has right at its startup
Huh, interesting. Anyway. I just think the base tools of Predator paired with the pretty good setplay (only in the corner but ya know it's there) is better than Lackey's kind of lack luster toolset. Who knows he might be way better than people are giving him credit for but at the moment he's looking worse than variationless F/T

CrazyFingers

What is so bad about Lackey? I do not play F/T at all so I have no idea. But I did hear that overall the frame data is messed up with F/T.heh
His frame data on Lackey is only okay (his plus frames aren't easily accessed and the highest his frame data in a default neutral setting as far as on block goes is +0) Granted he has decent pokes a good mid and great OKI tools. But his armor is sub par, his run speed, walk speed and dash speed are all pretty piss poor (forward dash is sustainable at best) his jump is floaty (tho his jump normals are okay) his only double hitting armor being so slow means the active frames on it are short so it's basically like it has one hit armor in a lot of situations. His staggers are okay but they aren't as oppressive as say Flame Fist, Slasher, Sun God, the other variations of F/T and other characters. He has 0 full screen presence and no great way of getting in on the zoning so even small amounts of zoning (such as say Reptile) will give him a lot of trouble. In a game where full screen presence is so important now, Lackey having no full screen game and no good way (in fact mostly outright bad ways) to get in, it makes Lackey an awkward character that honestly can't do all too much in the current meta.

His frame data on Lackey is only okay (his plus frames aren't easily accessed and the highest his frame data in a default neutral setting as far as on block goes is +0) Granted he has decent pokes a good mid and great OKI tools. But his armor is sub par, his run speed, walk speed and dash speed are all pretty piss poor (forward dash is sustainable at best) his jump is floaty (tho his jump normals are okay) his only double hitting armor being so slow means the active frames on it are short so it's basically like it has one hit armor in a lot of situations. His staggers are okay but they aren't as oppressive as say Flame Fist, Slasher, Sun God, the other variations of F/T and other characters. He has 0 full screen presence and no great way of getting in on the zoning so even small amounts of zoning (such as say Reptile) will give him a lot of trouble. In a game where full screen presence is so important now, Lackey having no full screen game and no good way (in fact mostly outright bad ways) to get in, it makes Lackey an awkward character that honestly can't do all too much in the current meta.

Well, I am confused right now. I saw Reo doing good with Lackey and a dude calle Nasty(something) on Destroyer's stream that was just crazy with Lacky and LF.

CrazyFingers

Well, I am confused right now. I saw Reo doing good with Lackey and a dude calle Nasty(something) on Destroyer's stream that was just crazy with Lacky and LF.
Was this before or after Patch? Before patch the character was fine after patch he's a lot weaker (nothing is set in stone tho, the patch is still young so I could end up being completely wrong.)

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I actually did play some warrior post patch and tried labbing for anything new. I didn't really find too much that @YOMI REO hasn't already found but a good oki gimmick you can do is ending with air pounce which is a great HKD and leaves you point blank next to the enemy, then throwing out a smart disc right in their face (which is totally safe, but people want to press buttons obviously), then immediately armoring their meaty with EX pimpslap. If the opponent tries to press buttons they will get slapped right into the smart disc for a full combo (aka armored launcher). If they armor, most of the time EX pimp slap will win OR the two armors will just hit each other and leave you both standing, and then the opponent will get hit by the smart disc. In that case, you can't get a combo off the smart disc but the opponent is stunned so long you can jail into whatever you want (50/50, pressure etc). If the opponent does the sensible thing and just blocks the EX pimp slap, they will then get jailed into the smart disc while predator's already recovered. It leaves you insanely plus on block depending on how early you EX pimp slap on their meaty, at max it looks like it's like +15ish (still need to test exact numbers). Overall it's a decent way to get some respect on wakeup with very little risk, at the cost of a bar. Tell me what you think and how well this works for you

CrazyFingers

I actually did play some warrior post patch and tried labbing for anything new. I didn't really find too much that @YOMI REO hasn't already found but a good oki gimmick you can do is ending with air pounce which is a great HKD and leaves you point blank next to the enemy, then throwing out a smart disc right in their face (which is totally safe, but people want to press buttons obviously), then immediately armoring their meaty with EX pimpslap. If the opponent tries to press buttons they will get slapped right into the smart disc for a full combo (aka armored launcher). If they armor, most of the time EX pimp slap will win OR the two armors will just hit each other and leave you both standing, and then the opponent will get hit by the smart disc. In that case, you can't get a combo off the smart disc but the opponent is stunned so long you can jail into whatever you want (50/50, pressure etc). If the opponent does the sensible thing and just blocks the EX pimp slap, they will then get jailed into the smart disc while predator's already recovered. It leaves you insanely plus on block depending on how early you EX pimp slap on their meaty, at max it looks like it's like +15ish (still need to test exact numbers). Overall it's a decent way to get some respect on wakeup with very little risk, at the cost of a bar. Tell me what you think and how well this works for you
When I get home I will most definitely check this out! Sounds pretty strong.

Was this before or after Patch? Before patch the character was fine after patch he's a lot weaker (nothing is set in stone tho, the patch is still young so I could end up being completely wrong.)
Post patch. Reo picked Lackey, played him in KC#2, and some set at his channel. And I saw that Nastydudewhatstherestofhisnameihavenoidea last week.

Just because Reo played well in online casuals with Lackey doesn't mean the character is good,it means Reo is good. I mean c'mon he was placing 9th at multiple offline tournaments with Pre-KP2 Jason,and we all know how bad that character was at the time.

Just because Reo played well in online casuals with Lackey doesn't mean the character is good,it means Reo is good. I mean c'mon he was placing 9th at multiple offline tournaments with Pre-KP2 Jason,and we all know how bad that character was at the time.
Huh? I know that dude.

CrazyFingers

ok Denny can i have an example of a conversion into pounce?