What's new

Question - Hunter Calling all hunters (if there is any)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so, i really need to know how to play some MU"s with this character, i can use the character pretty well but i just have no idea what all the do's and don'ts are with the MU's he's got. Can i can some advice?

I mix it up with his B22D2 by replacing the last overhead D2 with an EXtrap.

I do the same thing with his 122, replace the last overhead 2 with the EXtrap.

people get his by 31EXtrap often as well, problem is that it starts with the high, but makes the combo go high, overhead, low

Honestly, just drop traps and EX traps if you have the meter in the middle of his combos, works quite well.

I almost always cut damage short to get out a real safe trap and follow up with B3D2, the low, overhead, low. Or follow up with a well timed 31 so the overhead hits at the trap goes off

Last edited:

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I do a lot of trap zoning with him. Exploding traps works quite well for counterzoning and keeping people out.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
There isn't really a lot of specific matchup tech I think.
Mainly because this guys play style is pretty basic. So the dos and donts might be universal against all dos and donts. Ex: Avoid corner against GM

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
There isn't really a lot of specific matchup tech I think.
Mainly because this guys play style is pretty basic. So the dos and donts might be universal against all dos and donts. Ex: Avoid corner against GM
so what about against something like kenshi or quan? do i stay back and try to catch em with a trap or slowly make my way in?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
so what about against something like kenshi or quan? do i stay back and try to catch em with a trap or slowly make my way in?
A little of both. Zoning isn't Hunters strong suit but if you can get a knock down start putting shit on the screen to get on. Try and get in range for an armor move.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i've realized f4 is a great tool for hunter. a +2 on block mid with massive range and a great hitbox, don't know why i havent been using htis in the neutral more.

Dravum

hello darkness my old friend...
so, i really need to know how to play some MU"s with this character, i can use the character pretty well but i just have no idea what all the do's and don'ts are with the MU's he's got. Can i can some advice?
try to get some advice from sonicfox5000 , he has the best predator hunter imo.