What's new

Call for help - Mod and data needed for rankings

bavobbr

Noob
Hello people of the MKX community!

I am the administrator of http://rank.shoryuken.com, and have been doing MKX rankings and statistics for a while now. While I believe the general rankings give a good insight in who is who in competitive MKX, I also believe it should be better. For more than a year now results have been added and statistics have been generated, you can see the results of this work here:

This however only reports tournaments that get wide coverage (usually those that are reported by general FGC sites such as SRK or EH). Even then, some 'major' tournaments may be missing, and thus make the results less accurate. It is a given that community members here have a better insight on high profile tournaments, and can suggest or add these themselves.

We have a moderator feature that allow trusted community members to insert and update results and weights themselves. This works very well for SF5 currently, with people close to EU and Asian scene adding missing information. My question is: can you suggest blatantly missing tournaments, or better, propose a member to take care of adjusting player weights to make sure rankings and stats reflect the current state of the competition?

This would be a major help, and of course, the data is not owned by SRK and 100% open as a community effort. For example one can simply query the data and create third-party tools: http://rank.shoryuken.com/api/

Looking forward to this community collaboration and hopeful to improve MKX coverage!

bavobbr

Noob
Am I in the wrong subforum, or is there little interest in maintaining history and statistics on MK games?

MK_Al

Noob
Maybe this is a case for @RM Indecisive
He recently made a very good proposal for a ranking system that also needs tournament data, maybe he can help out in some way.
Also calling out for @PND_Ketchup and PND_Mustard, as they may have the best insight on the european scene.
I think the europeans should be able to work together on this, all it needs is a dedicated thread for tournament results that would be fed by members of the host clan/country

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Maybe this is a case for @RM Indecisive
He recently made a very good proposal for a ranking system that also needs tournament data, maybe he can help out in some way.
Also calling out for @PND_Ketchup and PND_Mustard, as they may have the best insight on the european scene.
I think the europeans should be able to work together on this, all it needs is a dedicated thread for tournament results that would be fed by members of the host clan/country
I'm still missing a lot of data. And not getting enough info, feedback, suggestions,etc. from people so at this point idk if i care enough to finish it. Shrugs. The community doesnt seem to care enough to help but they care enough to complain when we need to know top seeds and things look wrong. Lol.

Please tell me Mods and other credible players are discussing privately with bavobbr. This is a chance for our community to have a legit ranking and be respected by other communities. Of course I am not experience enough to say anything here, but imo we should not let this opportunity go

Last edited:

bavobbr

Noob
Thanks for the feedback! This may already be a good starting point. If anyone tagged is interested to see what it would be like to be moderator, do PM. Eventually, there is no risk involved in trying and stepping out if you do not enjoy it

MK_Al

Noob
I'm still missing a lot of data. And not getting enough info, feedback, suggestions,etc. from people so at this point idk if i care enough to finish it. Shrugs. The community doesnt seem to care enough to help but they care enough to complain when we need to know top seeds and things look wrong. Lol.
Thats really unfortunate. What keeps you from going on with the project or what are you missing? "Just" tournament data?

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Thats really unfortunate. What keeps you from going on with the project or what yre you missing? "Just" tournament data?
A combination of tournament data and feedback on what events should be placed in what category. Although input from no offense random's on TYM is helpful sometimes getting input from bigger community members and members who travel to events is very much needed. Along with someone to really help with Events outside the USA and more input on ESL. If that makes any sense.