What's new

Guide Cage Redfield's Lobo Guide

Gobblerr

Noob
I play on hitbox. I just make sure to input all of the commands pretty much as fast as possible and as clean as possible. I'm basically hitting b+1-d-b-f+2 all as one fluid fast motion. I'd imagine it would be a lot tougher on pad than with any kind of stick/hitbox.
Must be so easy on a hitbox. I want one but it's $220 plus shipping.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Must be so easy on a hitbox. I want one but it's $220 plus shipping.
It's not just easy or anything. You still have to input everything really quick. Fly plays grundy on pad... i've tried some of the WCC pressure and jeeeesus i have no idea how he does it. It's all personal preference. I still hit the wrong buttons sometimes.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I play on hitbox. I just make sure to input all of the commands pretty much as fast as possible and as clean as possible. I'm basically hitting b+1-d-b-f+2 all as one fluid fast motion. I'd imagine it would be a lot tougher on pad than with any kind of stick/hitbox.
Ya, I'm playing on the 360 d-pad and even 113- czar toss is hard. When I try it, it gives me low hook because of the negative edge.

Any tips on timing for 113-czar toss?

Yoaks

A spaceman
Ya, I'm playing on the 360 d-pad and even 113- czar toss is hard. When I try it, it gives me low hook because of the negative edge.

Any tips on timing for 113-czar toss?
It took me a while to get it down myself. For me, once I input the third hit of 113 i input dbf2. It's just gonna take more practice than most characters bnb's in this game.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Thanks guys for the help guys. I am getting the timing down. Even still 113-space hook does good damage; especially with trait.

When I do b1-czar toss the grab whiffs??

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
So I love saving trait for mb b3-f3. Here are some combos I have that don't use trait... In case your like me.

MB Czar toss-b2u1-3-low hook=34%. Simple easy 1 meter combo that uses no trait and leaves the opponent near you...you can't mess this up.

MB Czar toss-b2u1-21-MB space hook=42% damage. Very easy 2 meter combo that uses no trait and keeps the opponent near you. Again so easy you will get it on your first try...plus it's a combo that just has so much swag!!!

So I love saving trait for mb b3-f3. Here are some combos I have that don't use trait... In case your like me.

MB Czar toss-b2u1-3-low hook=34%. Simple easy 1 meter combo that uses no trait and leaves the opponent near you...you can't mess this up.

MB Czar toss-b2u1-21-MB space hook=42% damage. Very easy 2 meter combo that uses no trait and keeps the opponent near you. Again so easy you will get it on your first try...plus it's a combo that just has so much swag!!!
Try Czar toss MB, B2U1, 113~hook charge.

Good damage, super easy, good oki, and one bar.

Yoaks

A spaceman

save that 2nd bar. Lobo's is very meter dependant. Lobo only gets his high damage when you spend a bar. also saving a bar for MB Hook Charge !

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Almost every combo starting with a string into mb toss or just raw mb toss should be followed by a b3.

Try mb toss, b3, j3, 21~hook charge. Shouldn't take very long to get down and nets you max damage and leaves you close to them.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Almost every combo starting with a string into mb toss or just raw mb toss should be followed by a b3.

Try mb toss, b3, j3, 21~hook charge. Shouldn't take very long to get down and nets you max damage and leaves you close to them.
The only problem is that b3 consumes trait. I can easily link the b3 but I don't always want to use trait.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
You can opt to end the combo with F21/21 -> trait instead of hook charge; you lose out on the okizeme, but you still get the trait damage and you have trait shots available to you. There's a lot of match-ups where I highly prefer to end the combo into trait. Aquaman,Raven,Green Lantern, etc

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The only problem is that b3 consumes trait. I can easily link the b3 but I don't always want to use trait.
But the trait makes your b3 do sooooo much damage. That's pretty much the point of trait outside of making low shot a launcher and mid shot a hard knockdown

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Whats the point of having trait when your not gonna use it within a combo?
I said not always. MBf3-MBb3-w/trait=42% unclashable damage. You add that to a corner level transition and it's 56%.

There are many times I would use b3w/trait after czar toss, but not always. There weren't really any high damaging combos (30+%) that didn't use trait. That's all I'm saying.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
But the trait makes your b3 do sooooo much damage. That's pretty much the point of trait outside of making low shot a launcher and mid shot a hard knockdown
I know the b3 w/trait does a lot more damage. That's why SOMETIMES I like to save it for a naked MB f3 w/trait set up. However, if you are always using trait in combos then it will be very difficult to use both trait shots for the unclashable damage when your opponent is on there second bar of health.

That's what I am saying!!!

Yoaks

A spaceman
I said not always. MBf3-MBb3-w/trait=42% unclashable damage. You add that to a corner level transition and it's 56%.

There are many times I would use b3w/trait after czar toss, but not always. There weren't really any high damaging combos (30+%) that didn't use trait. That's all I'm saying.
If your gonna run out of trait; instead of ending your combo's with Hook Charge do trait load so you do damage and get another set of shells.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
If your gonna run out of trait; instead of ending your combo's with Hook Charge do trait load so you do damage and get another set of shells.
I'm talking about you already have two trait shots loaded but want to save them.

That's what I mean.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm talking about you already have two trait shots loaded but want to save them.

That's what I mean.
I know that. But getting the most damage is more important then holding on too your trait shells. Unless your about to kill your opponent than doing a combo say MB Toss xx b1u2 xx 113 xx HC is definitely a good idea.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I know that. But getting the most damage is more important then holding on too your trait shells. Unless your about to kill your opponent than doing a combo say MB Toss xx b1u2 xx 113 xx HC is definitely a good idea.
Well ya, I talking second bar of health.

Example: MB czar toss-b2u1-21-hook charge=35%-MB f3-MB b3w/trait-level transition=56%

That's 3 meters for 91% damage. If the opponents wake up attack get beat out your almost guaranteed the victory.

I would only really do this on an opponents second bar of health to go for the win. Lobo seems like a risk heavy character and that is a risk I like taking.

Last edited: