What's new

Cage info for Cage players

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
EL OH EL, who cares about all those issues, bugs, and glitches? There's more IMPORTANT things to fix like KABAL'S IAFB SPAM and dash cancels!!

He {DOESN'T} need it!
LMAO

And Foxy, how in the shit are you still using the 360 pad...?

One thing I haven't seen on the first page is the oki that Cage gets after foward + throw. B+3 catches anyone trying to move or jump. This allows Cage to bait for wake up attacks or continue pressuring.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
One thing I haven't seen on the first page is the oki that Cage gets after foward + throw. B+3 catches anyone trying to move or jump. This allows Cage to bait for wake up attacks or continue pressuring.
F4 is better for that situation, it catches anybody trying to move, jump OR crouch block. 1 more of their options eliminated its also considered airbourne so some moves like Reptiles dash will go through it.

wait so your telling me its wise to stand block cage now? fuck how about i eat 11 f1 every fucking time, then what do i do? fucking shit

I wanted to dedicate this thread to more technical info beneficial to all JC players. Things like strats, tech, oki setups and the like are more suited to another thread I feel. Plus I've always hated JC's throw, it's so hard to get good oki with it. The opponent can actually delay wake up and then roll, which will look like a tech roll.

Anyways, some info I added: sweep allows the next move to hit OTG, allowing for standing reset. Only way to do this post-patch is to AA with sweep, which is a bad idea.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Assuming you don't cancel them into a special, probably everything except the last hit of 132, which is a borderline GODTIER string anyways.
Fixed* don't forget it's almost as good as F2!!!!
the 1 3 is only good for forceball strings against those short fucks.

NariTuba

disMember
F4 is better for that situation, it catches anybody trying to move, jump OR crouch block. 1 more of their options eliminated its also considered airbourne so some moves like Reptiles dash will go through it.

f4 is better for what situation? after a throw?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So, I never posted it because it's probably useless to everyone but me. But you can combo sheeva with 21f2, dash 2, dash 44, nutpunch for 33% and its pretty easy. Kind of funny it leaves you so far away usually your jip on the stagger doesn't cross over.

Only really useful to me because i play GGA Jeremiah all the time, lol

Never was really worth making a new thread about it because most people here don't play any sheevas, let alone consistently :)

Oh dizzy don't forget to tell about standing 1 beating telestomp into a full combo.
I honestly thought that JC vs Sheeva was 5-5 until you found that BROKEN piece of game balance.
That alone is making me think about being Raiden against JC because now the whole match I am being pushed into the corner and I have no way out.
Also that standing 1 beating telestomp into full combo, shouldn't that work against quan chi as well?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Forgot about that :p

I've never tried it on quan but I think his hitbox starts earlier so it may not work. My xbox is not functional atm and I don't have him unlocked on ps3 lol. I might take a minute and try it tonight at the arcade.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So, I never posted it because it's probably useless to everyone but me. But you can combo sheeva with 21f2, dash 2, dash 44, nutpunch for 33% and its pretty easy. Kind of funny it leaves you so far away usually your jip on the stagger doesn't cross over.

Only really useful to me because i play GGA Jeremiah all the time, lol

Never was really worth making a new thread about it because most people here don't play any sheevas, let alone consistently :)
This works against Cyrax when you're both in the same stance as well.

Hi guys im new to cage and i have one big issue
When i start my pressure game, people jump away in few moments, so here is the question
what to do if i start F33, and it hits in air? dash f3 nutpunch? or 2/2/44/nutpunch?

Hi guys im new to cage and i have one big issue
When i start my pressure game, people jump away in few moments, so here is the question
what to do if i start F33, and it hits in air? dash f3 nutpunch? or 2/2/44/nutpunch?
Nothing, although you can hitconfirm into flip kick for more damage and wall carry. Pretty hard to do that though since you're already confirming f33 into like so many different things (f33b3 if crouching, ex force ball if standing blocking, nut punch if hit).

Dizzy I'll add this to the bnb thread.

Can you actually do that consistently? I can't. Any tips?
I feel that offline it's much easier to hit confirm. Some people like to buffer the directional input. For example, doing bd while doing f33, that way they can press 1 to nut punch or b3 to finish the string. I like to use f33 a lot so I guess experience has conditioned my reactions. If you're in doubt, just finish with f33b3. On block you're neutral and still have the mix up of footsie or rushdown reset. On hit you're +5.

Added another piece of info. The recovery of F3 is different on hit then on block. You can do consecutively F3s very quickly on hit but not as quickly as on block. Try learning to hit confirm F3 into a fast follow-up string.

I'm gonna be making a list of what projectiles JC can nut punch under. Look out for another update.

Alright guys here's what I got.

Projectiles that can be ducked under.

Scorpion: spear and ex spear
sub zero: ice ball
reptile: spit
ermac: force ball and ex force ball (both only during start up of nut punch)
noob: ghost ball (only during start up of nut punch)
smoke: nothing
rain: water bubble (only during start up of nut punch)
mileena: sai (only during start up of nut punch) and ex sai
kitana: fan and ex fan
jade: mid boomerang and high boomerang
skarlet: kunai and ex kunai
sektor: missile and ex missile
cyrax: ex saw (costume doesn't matter)
csz: ice ball (only on start up of nut punch)
kenshi: teleflurry
freddy: glove toss and ex glove toss
sindel: high fire ball (only during start up of nut punch)
sonya: ring toss
jax: energy wave and ex energy wave
JC: second hit of ex force ball (first hit depends on distance)
stryker: gun shot and grenade toss (depends on distance)
liu kang: high fireball and ex high fireball
kung lao: hat toss (if not angled downwards) and ex hat toss (distance doesn't matter)
kano: knife toss and ex knife toss
nightwolf: arrow
kabal: gas blast and ex gas blast
baraka: spark and ex spark
shang tsung: forward skull (only during start up of nut punch)
quan chi: skull ball and ex skull ball
raiden: lightning ball (only during start up of nut punch) and ex lightning ball (same thing)
sheeva: fire ball and ex fireball

Alternate list of projectiles that can't be ducked under but it looks like you can:
rain's ex water bubble, sindel's ex high fire ball and cyrax's ex bomb

Very interesting results I have to say. Seems like hit box of nut punch is lower during start up despite the animation. Doesn't explain why you can be thrown out of ex nut punch though. I don't even know how it can duck under overheads.

Do you guys want me to get rid of the list of attacks that cause wake up attacks to whiff? Doesn't seem too useful.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Never even thought about sheeva fireball, since it hits mid. That's going to be nice because you can't neutral crouch it