What's new

Guide Cage BnBs

BnB: Bread and butter. Combos that are useful and practical, not necessarily combos that do the most damage.

So I decided to make a new combo thread since the old one is inactive and missing some bnbs. Note that you should ALWAYS end your combos in nut punch. That way you could at least follow up with F33B3 for approximately 6% chip and it's your most damaging combo ender anyways. All the combos listed can be added with a jip to increase damage by 3%.

Please note that there are variations for combos that are "dash 2, dash 2, dash 2". IE they can be replaced with "dash 1, dash 1, dash 1" or "dash 11, dash 11" or whatever. "Dash 2, dash 2, dash 2" just does more damage.

MID-SCREEN

JIK, dash F3 nut punch (recommended to avoid low poke anti-airs)

Jik, dash 44 nut punch (see above)

F33 nut punch 20% (should NOT be your bnb to punish. Use this only to hit confirm F33).

21F2, dash F3 nut punch 24% (Can add another F3 for 25%. This should be your bnb to punish if you need something fast).

B3, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch 31% (Go-to bnb for really punishable attacks.)

F4, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch 33% (Not too many normals and specials for you to punish with. Recommended off a jip or after nut punch since it's so slow. Jip adds 4%).

njp, F4, 2, 2, 44 nut punch 33%

SHEEVA ONLY: 21f2, 2, 44 nut punch 33%

ANTI-AIR MID-SCREEN

F32 flip kick (if you accidentally anti-air with F32).

F33 flip kick (same as above).

jip, dash 1, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch 19% (For when you win air-to-air jump ins. Any variations for this bnb will do pretty much the same damage, 18-20%).

21, 44 nut punch 21% (21F2, F3 nut punch will do the same damage as anti-air. This combo is recommended because it's easier to hit confirm 21).

D1, dash F3 nut punch 11% (easiest and most reliable bnb for D1 anti-air).

D4, dash F3 nut punch 12% (works virtually the same as D1 anti-air).

D1, dash 44 nut punch 16%

D1, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch (Fairly tough, any of the "dash 2"s can be replaced with "dash 1").

F3, dash f3 nutpunch. 11%

F3 dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nutpunch

1, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch (recommended for jump-ins)

2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 (only recommended for teleports or any special that leaves them punishable in the air).

B3, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 (same as before, also recommended for jump-ins and teleports).

njp, F4, 2, 2, 44 nut punch 33%
You can also anti-air with F4. If you do anti-air with them it'll most likely be accidental and you can follow up with the same combo as you would mid-screen.

CORNER

21F2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch 40% (number of consecutive "2"s can range from 1-6. Recommended for damage and ease is 5).

21F2, B3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch 42%

B3 and F4 starters follow the same format as the first two.

njp, F4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch 40%

CORNER ANTI-AIR

F33B3, 114 nut punch 24% ("114" can be replaced with 44 if you feel it's easier).

F32, D1 nut punch 16%

F32, D1, 114 nut punch

21F2, B3 and F4 should stay the same.

jip/jik, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch.

All other anti-airs should follow the same format (2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch). Although if you feel the D1 anti-air is too hard for this, stick with the easy "D1, F3 nut punch".

X-RAY

xray, dash B3, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 nut punch 52%

CORNER: xray, dash B3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 114 nut punch 54%

EDIT: Any recommendations as to how to make this post look prettier will be taken into consideration. If you guys really want, I can replace the numbers with the "FP, BP, FK, BK" icons.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nice. Glad that someone active took the time to make an up-to-date list. I don't know if you wanted specific punishment scenarios at the end or that would be more fitting for a Cage guide than a BnB list.

For example, Smoke's smoke bomb being punishable by 1,3xxnutpunch, Kung Laos 21212 and Sektor's Flamethrower being punishible by Shadow Kick (Or F3,3xxnutpunch if they have you cornered). Weird punishment scenarios that may not be apparent.

Nice. Glad that someone active took the time to make an up-to-date list. I don't know if you wanted specific punishment scenarios at the end or that would be more fitting for a Cage guide than a BnB list.

For example, Smoke's smoke bomb being punishable by 1,3xxnutpunch, Kung Laos 21212 and Sektor's Flamethrower being punishible by Shadow Kick (Or F3,3xxnutpunch if they have you cornered). Weird punishment scenarios that may not be apparent.
Well, we could make another thread about how to best punish certain moves. IE JC's shadow kick is punishable with F4, Noob Saibot's B12F4 is punishable with tech roll shadow kick wake up in the corner and etc.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Corner Combo (1 ex bar)
2, 1, f+2, dash back, 3, ex forceball, 2, 11, 11, 11, 3, nut.

47% with JP. Works with every character.

Corner Combo (1 ex bar)
2, 1, f+2, dash back, 3, ex forceball, 2, 11, 11, 11, 3, nut.

47% with JP. Works with every character.
Good shit, I'll have to test this out later. So far the only 1 bar combo I thought was decent was midscreen 21F2, dash 44 ex nut punch for 31%.

EDIT: [MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION] I have to question the usefulness of this combo. It does only does 4% more than the meterless bnb, which probably isn't enough to justify using a bar. JC + meter + corner = deadly.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Good shit, I'll have to test this out later. So far the only 1 bar combo I thought was decent was midscreen 21F2, dash 44 ex nut punch for 31%.

EDIT: [MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION] I have to question the usefulness of this combo. It does only does 4% more than the meterless bnb, which probably isn't enough to justify using a bar. JC + meter + corner = deadly.
Sometimes the extra damage plus the reset (and the chip that follows) can honestly change a match. Not really something you might want to use all the time but for those situations its good.

leek

Noob
I would add a deep JIK followed by F3 Nutpunch. Can be useful for those trying to D1 or standing 1 AA.
I find that jik followed by a full dash into 44~nutpunch works best, just because of the sort of tight input window for F3~nutpunch. does more damage too, but whatever works for whoever.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What about those russian guys who posted a JC's combo video from JC's sweep? I coudn't do it even one time for 15 min.
Thats exactly why its not a BnB, because it's stance specific and hella hard to do. It got even harder to do in the last patch.

Another example is 1,3,2 link D1xxNutpunch. The timing on it is extremely hard and there's almost no reason to do it.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Some times i am using one flashi JC's corner combo(only if i have extra meter and i feel like i am winning)
Corner: JIP, 21f2, 3 EH force ball, 22, 114, EH Nut punch 49% (normal nut punch 48%) Probably not practical, but looks very cool.

Added 21, 44 nut punch as anti-air. Does the same damage as 21F2, F3 nut punch as anti air.

What do you guys think of jik, shadow kick for air to airs? Is it too inconsistent?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
What about this corner combo?

fjp; f4; f4; 2; 2; 2; 2; 114xxnutpunch = 44%

I think it should be viable, it isn't that hard to hit the opponent twice with f4 in the corner.
You can also add an extra 2 for 46% if you have a good timing.

Updated with the njp combos. Sorry bros but i'm lazy.

What about this corner combo?

fjp; f4; f4; 2; 2; 2; 2; 114xxnutpunch = 44%

I think it should be viable, it isn't that hard to hit the opponent twice with f4 in the corner.
You can also add an extra 2 for 46% if you have a good timing.
F4, F4 isn't recommended because you can't hit confirm it, you have to commit. F4 is slow as hell and people will most likely be able to react to it. If they block, following up with another F4 is the worst thing you can do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So what's the damage difference in ...

B3 dash 11 dash 11 dash 44 nut punch
and
B3 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nut punch

?

b/c I find it so much easier to dash 11 than to dash 2.

Is it really worth using it over 11?

So what's the damage difference in ...

B3 dash 11 dash 11 dash 44 nut punch
and
B3 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nut punch

?

b/c I find it so much easier to dash 11 than to dash 2.

Is it really worth using it over 11?
The second combo does 5% more damage. Consistency is more important, so if you find the second combo impossible to land, then stick with the first one. If you can learn to do the second combo in your sleep however, then it'll really help.

And yes, just doing B3, 2, 2, 44 nut punch will do more damage.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Updated with the njp combos. Sorry bros but i'm lazy.

F4, F4 isn't recommended because you can't hit confirm it, you have to commit. F4 is slow as hell and people will most likely be able to react to it. If they block, following up with another F4 is the worst thing you can do.
Well, it isn't a blockstring, it is a combo so what's the problem in using F4, F4? If you don't mess up, both will hit and there isn't any problem... :) who in the world would use another F4 twice in a row when the opponent is blocking?? lol :D

Well, it isn't a blockstring, it is a combo so what's the problem in using F4, F4? If you don't mess up, both will hit and there isn't any problem... :) who in the world would use another F4 twice in a row when the opponent is blocking?? lol :D
That's what I'm trying to say, you can't hit confirm F4 into another F4. The timing is too strict, you need to follow up F4 quickly with another F4. If the opponent blocks the first F4, they'll easily snuff out the second.

F4, F4 is not a very good punish BnB either because it's so slow. 21F2 will do the same damage and it's much faster. The timing is also much more strict. You really can't use F4 as a mix up either because it is, again, slow as fuck.