What's new

Caboose gives his Story Mode Chapter 1 Breakdown and Hands-On Impressions! **SPOILERS**

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm just saying y'all are getting on Cassie's ass now when she's arguably tougher than Jax because of her green energy, which is again, power from the Gods or some shit.

Jax beat Liu Kang 1 on 1 with his robo arms.

And didn't Liu Kang lose to Raiden 1 on 1 in MK9? And then Raiden burnt his ass up? But y'all just picking and choosing so I guessssss not.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I'm just saying y'all are getting on Cassie's ass now when she's arguably tougher than Jax because of her green energy, which is again, power from the Gods or some shit.

And didn't Liu Kang lose to Raiden 1 on 1 in MK9? And then Raiden burnt his ass up? But y'all just picking and choosing so I guessssss not.
Did you read what i wrote?

SINGH E

Noob
Weakling? Cassie fucked up Corrupted Shinnok. Liu Kang is child's play when it comes to Cassie
Liu Kang beat Shinnok in the old timeline too. He also beat Shao Kahn twice once in MK2 and in MK3/UMK3/MKT when Shao Kahn was powered up with all of Earth's souls (With the exception of the chosen Warriors and Kano). That means in addition to Kahn's already vast amount of souls he has consumed he was also powered with approx. an additional 6 billion plus souls if we are going by today's world population. That's insane!!! Think about that for a moment!!!!

He also beat Goro the former MK Champ and Shang Tsung 3 times who is also powered by souls and the fact that Shang was made more powerful in each game and still lost shows you that Liu Kang is a strong fighter.

So you saying Liu Kang being Child's play for Cassie is beyond a joke!!!

If NRS wanted him to still be the main protagonist in this timeline then I'm sure he also would've beaten Corrupted Shinnok. They chose Cassie to beat him instead.

I haven't even counted the things Liu Kang has done in this timeline which was mostly a rehash of what he did before. However, I personally didn't like his characterization in MK9 onwards as I thought he was a whiny baby at times. Yes, he lost to Jax in MKX and was also inadvertently killed by Raiden in MK9, that is purely because its what the writers wanted.

Could Cassie beat Liu Kang, if the writers wanted, of course, she can, but it has to be done in a way that makes sense. It should not be a walk in the park for Cassie as it will just tarnish MK's lore by just neglecting the accomplishments of Liu Kang in the past just for the sake of making the new protagonist Cassie stand out more. It's bad writing. If Cassie comes out barely alive I think it will make for an awesome story and will make it worthwhile and people will like Cassie more for it. At least in my opinion.

Let's hope MK11 does him justice and makes him a badass again.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Liu Kang beat Shinnok in the old timeline too. He also beat Shao Kahn twice once in MK2 and in MK3/UMK3/MKT when Shao Kahn was powered up with all of Earth's souls (With the exception of the chosen Warriors and Kano). That means in addition to Kahn's already vast amount of souls he has consumed he was also powered with approx. an additional 6 billion plus souls if we are going by today's world population. That's insane!!! Think about that for a moment!!!!

He also beat Goro the former MK Champ and Shang Tsung 3 times who is also powered by souls and the fact that Shang was made more powerful in each game and still lost shows you that Liu Kang is a strong fighter.

So you saying Liu Kang being Child's play for Cassie is beyond a joke!!!

If NRS wanted him to still be the main protagonist in this timeline then I'm sure he also would've beaten Corrupted Shinnok. They chose Cassie to beat him instead.

I haven't even counted the things Liu Kang has done in this timeline which was mostly a rehash of what he did before. However, I personally didn't like his characterization in MK9 onwards as I thought he was a whiny baby at times. Yes, he lost to Jax in MKX and was also inadvertently killed by Raiden in MK9, that is purely because its what the writers wanted.

Could Cassie beat Liu Kang, if the writers wanted, of course, she can, but it has to be done in a way that makes sense. It should not be a walk in the park for Cassie as it will just tarnish MK's lore by just neglecting the accomplishments of Liu Kang in the past just for the sake of making the new protagonist Cassie stand out more. It's bad writing. If Cassie comes out barely alive I think it will make for an awesome story and will make it worthwhile and people will like Cassie more for it. At least in my opinion.

Let's hope MK11 does him justice and makes him a badass again.
Man don’t find logic. They don’t follow their own lore.

Have you guys seen what actual real life Shaolins go through? Their training regime is insane! They are prepared for everything and I mean EVERYTHING! They literally have you getting smacked with a stick to your balls all day long. These guys dedicate themselfs to become ultimate warriors. .
You need to explain how getting your "balls smacked with a stick all day long" makes you an ultimate warrior lol
Also, when will this "Shaolin so hardcore" meme`s gonna end? They are great acrobats. dancers and perfomers in general. Not fighters. This is not a thing that is real. It`s all in the marketing.

Now compare that to a military grunt.
These guys can be actually scary.

I dont see Cassie beating anyone but her fellow military. Her beating Shinnok was god awful, her beating Liu Kang is just blasphemy
A fictional character beating another fictional character. Preposterous!

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
You need to explain how getting your "balls smacked with a stick all day long" makes you an ultimate warrior lol
Also, when will this "Shaolin so hardcore" meme`s gonna end? They are great acrobats. dancers and perfomers in general. Not fighters. This is not a thing that is real. It`s all in the marketing.

These guys can be actually scary.
She's not even just a grunt, she in "Special Forces" which I imagine in MK story land is akin to something like the Navy Seals. Read up on what they go through in just their very initial training, including Hell Week, and then come back and call her a military grunt.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
She's not even just a grunt, she in "Special Forces" which I imagine in MK story land is akin to something like the Navy Seals. Read up on what they go through in just their very initial training, including Hell Week, and then come back and call her a military grunt.
Amen, hallelujah.

I heard so many stories from Hell Week and how gruesome infantry training is. If we are going to compare real-world training, I think Seals win.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Y'all didn't have a problem with Jax beating Liu Kang in MKX but please do continue to go off on Cassie.
Yes we did, four years ago to be exact. TheFourthSnake made even a an hour long critique about it too. I accept the fact that NRS can't write properly for MK and its not where I find my entertaiment, the gameplay and characters itself is what makes me exciting every time.That doesnt mean I dont have the right to critisize an aspect of the game.

PapaRegadetho

Liu wins against Shao Kahn, Raiden losses against Shao Kahn, but Liu Kang losses to Raiden? Doesn't that inconsistency bother you at all? xD

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Liu wins against Shao Kahn, Raiden losses against Shao Kahn, but Liu Kang losses to Raiden? Doesn't that inconsistency bother you at all? xD
This is story mode for a fighting game (in that people must fight each other and one person must win). So no.

Besides, if I even wanted to go through this mental exercise you can think of a 100 reasons why this might have happened. Liu Kang was tired, Raiden knows Liu Kang's fighting style better than Shao Khan because he was involved in his training, and so on.

This isn't math - the transitive property doesn't apply.

PapaRegadetho

Amen, hallelujah.

I heard so many stories from Hell Week and how gruesome infantry training is. If we are going to compare real-world training, I think Seals win.
Shaolins dedicate their entire life to the path of a warriror,they train literally since the age 5. That little boy can probably break a few bones in somones body. And lets not forget how asians in general have stricter upringing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Shaolins dedicate their entire life to the path of a warriror,they train literally since the age 5. That little boy can probably break a few bones in somones body. And lets not forget how asians in general have stricter upringing.
ok,

but do they literally shit themselves walking 20 miles in rough terrain in uncomfortable boots, bleeding from all their toes and passing out because of heat stroke?

Also, Lui Kang was orphaned so he probably started training older and didn't have that strict upbringing until he met Raiden.