What's new

Caboose gives his Story Mode Chapter 1 Breakdown and Hands-On Impressions! **SPOILERS**

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I acknowledged in my last post that Cassie took down Corrupted Shinnok. By "Shoehorning" I meant that it makes more sense for someone like Raiden to be the main protagonist as Kronika mentions he is the one foiling her plans. Ok with whole Liu Kang thing your right, if Liu Kang is fighting his Revenant self doesn't necessarily mean that he is chapter 12 as Kung Lao and Scorpion are also in the same scenario. But to have Cassie take down Kronika when Raiden is the one Kronika has a major problem with, doesn't make much sense.

In MKX it made sense for Cassie to fight Corrupted Shinnok because her Father Johnny Cage defeated him in the same place 25 years earlier using the same abilities and a similar scenario (saving Earthrealm and preventing the death of a loved one) as they had it set it up from the beginning of the story mode.

In MK11 from what we know so far and with this new info on Chapter 1 there is no build up for Cassie to beat Kronika in Chapter 12 directly. Hence why I used the term "Shoehorning".

Hope this helps clarify what I meant.
For sure, I get what you're saying about Raiden having a personal stake in this conflict. And I admit Liu Kang is up there as well, he has a personal stake, AND he has the proven chops of being a former champ. (Those are actually my current guesses for who the final chapter will be)

But it's important to keep in mind that all we have to go off of right now is a single story trailer, and the barebones of chapter 1 with no dialogue. So for all we know, chapter 2 could be where Kronika undoes Kotal Kahn's shoelaces, and Kotal Kahn trips and falls on his face and cries to the heavens "KRONIKA I WILL DEFEAT YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!" and that's actually the blood feud we follow for the rest of the game. 11 chapters is plenty of setup for that to work.

I get that you're going off of what the trailer's shown us, because that's the only things we have to go off of, but I think it's also important to keep an open mind as well.

If we're reframing the discussion as "who do you put money on to be the protagonist as of this exact moment?" then I 100% agree that it's Raiden or Liu.

SINGH E

Noob
Cassie took Shinnok down LITERALLY with mystical Mediterranean cult green glowing nonsense. She uses that in a significant portion of her abilities - hell, in this game she's even charging her gunshots with that. So I guess I have one question when you say let's get back to fantasy/mystical elements. What are you talking about? (Note that I'm only focusing on that and not the other 500 million characters on the roster that do mystical and fantasy stuff).

This is just some lame ass justification for saying you want the focus on somebody else because you don't like Cassie. You can go ahead and say that, you don't have to make posts that don't make sense.
Read this post below and I hope this makes sense. Especially about the part about why Raiden is a better fit to be in Chapter 12 then Cassie and why it made sense in MKX for her to be the final chapter in that game and not in MK11. This is a topic where people are wondering who will be in the last chapter and I have written who I think it should be. If it isn't that person and it's Cassie I won't be butthurt about it, I will just enjoy the game regardless no big deal. I'm looking forward to the gameplay more anyways. Read below and see for yourself if its a "lame ass justification".

I acknowledged in my last post that Cassie took down Corrupted Shinnok. By "Shoehorning" I meant that it makes more sense for someone like Raiden to be the main protagonist as Kronika mentions he is the one foiling her plans. Ok with whole Liu Kang thing your right, if Liu Kang is fighting his Revenant self doesn't necessarily mean that he is chapter 12 as Kung Lao and Scorpion are also in the same scenario. But to have Cassie take down Kronika when Raiden is the one Kronika has a major problem with, doesn't make much sense.

In MKX it made sense for Cassie to fight Corrupted Shinnok because her Father Johnny Cage defeated him in the same place 25 years earlier using the same abilities and a similar scenario (saving Earthrealm and preventing the death of a loved one) as they had it set it up from the beginning of the story mode.

In MK11 from what we know so far and with this new info on Chapter 1 there is no build up for Cassie to beat Kronika in Chapter 12 directly. Hence why I used the term "Shoehorning".

Hope this helps clarify what I meant.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
There is no need to play NRS dog mikeraskol, not everybody is a slave to everything they do, I can have my own freaking opinion thank you, normally while Vslayer or any other person would playfully correct my "errors" I would be a lot less annoyed, but you just act like I was talking to you personally in a way, like you are the story writer yourself.

They can develop characters without this bullshit celebration and family army bullcrap just fine.

You adore this family, selfie, gun bullshit, that is fine for you, but not everybody likes it, they have a voice to. And since I've seen this chapter for myself, I can judge what I like or don't like from it.
If you could actually post a cogent, coherent criticism worth anything it would be a miracle. You literally haven't even seen anything of it - you have the vaguest of vague descriptions from a Youtube video. But its bad, and you believe that Chapter 2 will be bad too. You're honestly terrible.

I could come in here and tell you that Chapter 1 is about the Cage family and its so good it makes Citizen Kane look like B movie schlock. And without seeing it you'd call it terrible.

SINGH E

Noob
For sure, I get what you're saying about Raiden having a personal stake in this conflict. And I admit Liu Kang is up there as well, he has a personal stake, AND he has the proven chops of being a former champ. (Those are actually my current guesses for who the final chapter will be)

But it's important to keep in mind that all we have to go off of right now is a single story trailer, and the barebones of chapter 1 with no dialogue. So for all we know, chapter 2 could be where Kronika undoes Kotal Kahn's shoelaces, and Kotal Kahn trips and falls on his face and cries to the heavens "KRONIKA I WILL DEFEAT YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!" and that's actually the blood feud we follow for the rest of the game. 11 chapters is plenty of setup for that to work.

I get that you're going off of what the trailer's shown us, because that's the only things we have to go off of, but I think it's also important to keep an open mind as well.

If we're reframing the discussion as "who do you put money on to be the protagonist as of this exact moment?" then I 100% agree that it's Raiden or Liu.
Glad to know someone understands where I was coming from. I agree with your points also, it is important to keep an open mind. Yeah, I may not want it to be Cassie, but if it is and the story mode builds it in such a way that it makes sense, then I will be cool with that or if it were any other character. As long as it makes sense, that's all

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
being a bitch about my English while I'm not a native English person is just harsh, like you are.
Ignore, I'm sick of your police-NRS behavior. It sucks and it annoys me, I will lose nothing by ignoring you.
It has nothing to do with your English, that's not what I'm saying. You don't actually have any substance to your criticism, you just spew the same catchphrases over and over.

Glad to know someone understands where I was coming from. I agree with your points also, it is important to keep an open mind. Yeah, I may not want it to be Cassie, but if it is and the story mode builds it in such a way that it makes sense, then I will be cool with that or if it were any other character. As long as it makes sense, that's all
Yeah that makes sense. I guess my point was, despite people's complaining about the emphasis on SF, the series has not gotten any further away from anything mystical or fantasy. And that really shouldn't be a concern, they aren't beating Kronika with guns.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Maybe it's just me, but I swear Caboose, Super and Dynasty all sound alike lol. Dynasty sounds the most different but Caboose and Super to me sound like they can be brothers, I also want to see them fight each other lol. Nice vid, can't wait for this game already!!!

SINGH E

Noob
It has nothing to do with your English, that's not what I'm saying. You don't actually have any substance to your criticism, you just spew the same catchphrases over and over.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess my point was, despite people's complaining about the emphasis on SF, the series has not gotten any further away from anything mystical or fantasy. And that really shouldn't be a concern, they aren't beating Kronika with guns.
Yeah, I don't mind SF they have been an integral part of MK since the first game and it's good to have grounded characters too in addition to more mystical ones. In this game, it makes sense for someone like Raiden to be the final chapter. As for me wanting the Shaolin to be at the forefront again, it stems from the fact that I'm an old skool MK guy and I'm just a sucker for nostalgia lol! However, that doesn't mean I'm not open minded for the series to develop new characters and try new directions. As long as it makes sense, I'm happy.

In this game with the whole time travel aspects, it would be nice to see Liu Kang be the main protagonist in addition to Raiden even if it's just this game. Regardless I'm thrilled young Liu Kang and Kung Lao are back and will kombat their revenant counterparts. Hell, I'm even excited about Scorpion vs Hanzo Hasashi!!

Maybe it's just me, but I swear Caboose, Super and Dynasty all sound alike lol. Dynasty sounds the most different but Caboose and Super to me sound like they can be brothers, I also want to see them fight each other lol. Nice vid, can't wait for this game already!!!
HEY GUYS HOWS IT GOING ITS YOUR BOY ____ WITH ANOTHER VIDEO FOR YOU TODAY

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Chapter 1 is Cassie. Starts with Cassie getting a promotion, but she has to fight Sonya to do it. Johnny congrats her, the whole Cage family is there and celebrating. Jacqui is there and it's mentioned that Jax has actually been discharged from SF following MKX, he seems to be traumatized/not all there. Possible reason to have him off the roster, also possible reason for him to be an anti-hero/antagonist.

Johnny's about to leave SF HQ to film Ninja Mime sequel, but then Raiden shows up and warns of an impending Netherrealm attack. So instead they do that. SF infiltrates the castle to blow it up, Cassie fights Jade, Kabal, and Liu Kang, and then the huge explosion happens and Sonya is caught under a bunch of debris and is presumed dead.
Jax had his arms blown off by Ermac, got killed by Sindel and turned into a Revenant, then brought back to life; all of that happened and he still rejoined the fight, albeit reluctantly. I have gotta see what the reason is for his discharge and trauma if all of that wasn't able to do it.

it's mentioned that Jax has actually been discharged from SF following MKX, he seems to be traumatized/not all there. Possible reason to have him off the roster, also possible reason for him to be an anti-hero/antagonist.
It doesn't seem like he will be sitting this roster out going by the leak that has been spot on so far. So the latter is probably the more likely scenario.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Weakling? Cassie fucked up Corrupted Shinnok. Liu Kang is child's play when it comes to Cassie
Thank NRS stupid writing for that. She got her ass handed to her by everyone in that game. All thanks to that plot armor aka Johnny’s ancsestor bullshit.
Nobody is even remotely close to beating MK champion. Nobody but NRS script writers.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I really want them to all defeat Kronika together, I know in gameplay it's not going to work since it's 1V1, but if I was to guess who's going to land the final blow I will say we may have the choice this time around, which would fit with the alternate endings.

My theory/opinion is that past and present timeline characters will help take down Kronika. Based on what we've seen I suspect Kitana, Liu Kang and Shao Kahn will be the last ones standing with her.

I'd love to see past time line Jitana, Jade, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao alongside present timeline Cassie, Jacqui, Dark Raiden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero take her down.

If NRS is smart they could have multiple parts to the fights too. The Keeper of time should require the best of the past and present to shut her down. It would bring the whole story full circle.

Liu Kang is never gonna be the main hero again lmao. And with cast like that MK should change protagonist s every game, honestly.
Also, seeing how edgy Raiden is one of the big bads right now, i`m pretty sure the last chapter is gonna go to younger Raiden.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Couple things

1) would be kinda crazy if Sonya died, this time line Sonya survived two tournaments, an outworld invasion, Sindel, Shinnok’s invasion, 20 years of missions, then Shinnok again. Obviously time travel would save her but this particular Sonya will have died.

2) Johnny Cage has kinda become the main hero of MK now. Raiden felling Liu Kang that Cage is a hero when Liu Kang isn’t at all impressed back in MK9 really sets stuff in motion. Johnny is still a douche bag but he loves his family and friends and when he fought Shinnok in MKX he was more than willing to die for Sonya, he just didn’t realize how powerful he was. Even though the green energy is kind of a dumb plot line, it literally enables Johnny to be the hero he is supposed to be when the time is right which I think is cool.

3) Also in Cassie’s MKX intros and from what we’ve seen from her MK11 intros she is definitely more like Johnny and is more of a sarcastic ass, but she wasn’t always like that in the MKX story mode. She was just like Sonya too, she had Johnny’s humor but she definitely wasn’t as light heated as him, her demeanor seemed closer to Sonya to me. Kung Jin was honestly more of a cocky shithead that caused problems. I like that aspect of Cassie and as obvious as it sounds it’s the combination of Johnny and Sonya that makes her one of my favorites, not just the cool one liners.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My theory/opinion is that past and present timeline characters will help take down Kronika. Based on what we've seen I suspect Kitana, Liu Kang and Shao Kahn will be the last ones standing with her.

I'd love to see past time line Jitana, Jade, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao alongside present timeline Cassie, Jacqui, Dark Raiden, Johnny Cage take her down.

If NRS is smart they could have multiple parts to the fights too. The Keeper of time should require the best of the past and present to shut her down. It would bring the whole story full circle.
I hope they throw kind of a curveball with the story. All of the now living characters, even the heroes have lost all of their friends. Especially if Sonya is dead. Raiden lost Liu Kang and Kung Lao, Sub-Zero lost his brother, Scorpion lost his family, it seems like Johnny and Cassie just lost Sonya. It looks like light Raiden from the past is the protagonist from what we’ve seen from the trailers, maybe Kronika is able to recruit and manipulate some of these characters because of how fucked their lives are now, and their younger selves will have to stop them.

Unlinked theory but that’s how I’d play it if I were writing it

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Have you guys seen what actual real life Shaolins go through? Their training regime is insane! They are prepared for everything and I mean EVERYTHING! They literally have you getting smacked with a stick to your balls all day long. These guys dedicate themselfs to become ultimate warriors. Now compare that to a military grunt. I dont see Cassie beating anyone but her fellow military. Her beating Shinnok was god awful, her beating Liu Kang is just blasphemy.