What's new

Cabjoy Revisits Mortal Kombat 1 (Arcade)!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Hellooooooo beautiful Kombatants of TYM. In the lead up to the MKX balance patch I've decided to take it easy with the game and instead have shifted my focus elsewhere. After reminiscing I decided now would be the perfect time to play and stream me reuniting with my inner child and playing some of the beautiful game - Mortal Kombat 1! I got bopped by my boy Goro more times than I would've liked but it was a ton of fun deciphering the ins and outs off the AI. I streamed multiple attempts of climbing the ladder last night, which can now be found below. I plan on playing through MK2 in the near future. Enjoy! :)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
LOL. My childhood years. Man, you made me remember them. A dude taught me Sub Zero's fatality, and I found by luck Raiden's. xD

I saw a dude wrecking the whole kast as Sub Zero with his following pseudo-vortex like combo. BJ, JIKxxSlide.

BJ = Back Jump.

Man, I remember playing this when I was about 8-9 years old. My dad owned the arcade with 5/6 buttons. Most fighters used 3 buttons back in the day. I almost ran away when I heard Goro's footsteps! My dad told me to calm down and jump kick hahaha!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Man, I remember playing this when I was about 8-9 years old. My dad owned the arcade with 5/6 buttons. Most fighters used 3 buttons back in the day. I almost ran away when I heard Goro's footsteps! My dad told me to calm down and jump kick hahaha!
I was at the same age like you. Goro and Shang Tsung were hard as fuck bosses. Whenever I did go, I always did go to any arcade to play any fighting game, including MK1. xD

H
I was at the same age like you. Goro and Shang Tsung were hard as fuck bosses. Whenever I did go, I always did go to any arcade to play any fighting game, including MK1. xD
Hahaha, yeah they were hard to beat! Back then I was playing street fighter 2 as well. I just remembered Lui Kang's lame fatality from MK1, think the input was 360 degrees on the joystick or something like that...

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'd only ever played the SNES version until now so I didn't even realise Goro's footsteps shaking the stage were a thing! I was so amped when this happened last night! hahaha

I love this game so much!