What's new

Buttons

Ram23

Noob
So, I'm just interested what is your own buttons appointments (keyboard sets) if you are playing on a keyboard, at umk3?
It'll be interesting to watch how your fingers move while playing :]

KooleN

Noob
Great idea how to figure out how fast ur opponent tap the buttons :laugh:
anyway I use standard when I dont fight as Human Smoke: A-HP, S-HK, D-BLK, Y-LP, X-LK, C-RN

iammud

Noob
shock educated me a while back on the best layout for mk w/ most keyboards. wasd are the directionals, and then if you've got the 6 button layout over your directional keys (home delete end page up page down etc) you use those as the the button config. These are the best keys to use for the buttons since they're the closest to real switches, open/close style. Some keyboards won't let you charge buttons on on other keys, so no bicycle kick, ground pound, or sai, h. smoke, etc. (I used to like to bind hp hk blk run and back all to the same key so I could just hold that down)

If your keyboard doesn't have the charge problem and you don't mind using your left hand for the buttons, asdzxc is great because you also have easy access to shift and space for double binds.

With all that said, fuck the keyboard, buy/build an arcade controller!

I use my SFIV TE Fight stick when I play MAME, but when I used my keyboard in the past I used wasd for my directionals and u,i,o,j,k,l for my other keys.

Ram23

Noob
^, V, <, > or W, A, S, D

HP - Num 7 or Y
Block - Num 8 or U
HK - Num 9 or I
LP - Num 4 or H
Run - Num 5 or J
LK - Num 6 or K
Human Smoke (HP+Block+HK+Run) - Right Shift or Left Shift
Shang Tsung's Morphing Into Sonya (Block+LP+Run) - Num / or 7

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I stopped playing on keyboard cause it's painful and uncomfortable for me. I even have a wrist ganglion, it's related to carpal tunnel syndrome :S
Not saying that the ganglion appeared because of keyboard playing jeje

Anyway, I used to play with the directional arrows for movement and 456 123 for buttons. Like I said it was painful, so I rarely did play in that conditions. Now when I play at home I use my snes capcom stick (http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=34226154_4796.jpg&v=E) attached to my pc and when playing on arcade, that same button config.
There aren't original cabinets here anyomore.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I don't know, I bought it from a guy back in 2000. It works perfectly after all these years :)

If you wanna look for it, just search for "snes capcom fighter power stick"

MKK hanzo

NinjaGrinder said:
I don't know, I bought it from a guy back in 2000. It works perfectly after all these years :)

If you wanna look for it, just search for "snes capcom fighter power stick"
Ninja Marico! LOL man how have you been? Happy New year to you bro!