What's new

Guide - Butcher Butcher's Living MU Thread (WiP)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all! I figured I'd start one of these for Butcher since there isn't any out there. I will need help though! So please put your input in the comments and we can discuss and update this thread.

Predator
HQT 3-7
Hunter ??? (5-5?)
Warrior 5-5

Quan Chi
Summoner *MU Research in Development*
Sorcerer 4-6
Warlock 5-5

Tanya
Pyro 3-7 (Ugh)
Kobu 5-5?
Dragon Naginata 4-6?

Bo Rai Cho
Drunken Master 5-5
Bartitsu 5-5
Dragon's Breath 5-5

Shinnok
Bone Shaper 4-6
Imposter 3-7 (might be over exaggerated but he gets a lot off of Mimicry)
Necromancer ???

Triborg
Smoke 5-5? (I haven't had too much of a problem with Smoke)
Sektor 5-5 (maybe 4-6 again, never had an issue)
Cyber Sub 5-5
Cyrax 6-4 (or 5-5 need more experience)

That's what I have feel free to comment upon it and fill the blanks!

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

And if someone wants to ever test the Butcher matchup, I'm available on PS4 most of the time

PSN: Crzy_Fingers

Just hit me up when you want games. These other wonderful people could also help you :)

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Ninjutsu Scorpion beats Butcher 6-4 (7-3 case can be made) mostly due to the fact that ninjutsu can literally d4 on Butcher with no repercussions and f2 at max range won't allow Butcher to punish. the lack of a mid like Berserker Stance 1 in Killer hurts Butcher very badly. Butcher can't really jump either since AAing got much easier and Scorpion has strong AA options that it's hard for Butcher to play his game. However if Butcher gets in it can be tough for Ninjutsu to get out. Butcher's defensive options are also either slow or not that safe. Hellfire is 6-4 most likely and idk about Inferno tho I see that one as 5-5.

CrazyFingers

Ninjutsu Scorpion beats Butcher 6-4 (7-3 case can be made) mostly due to the fact that ninjutsu can literally d4 on Butcher with no repercussions and f2 at max range won't allow Butcher to punish. the lack of a mid like Berserker Stance 1 in Killer hurts Butcher very badly. Butcher can't really jump either since AAing got much easier and Scorpion has strong AA options that it's hard for Butcher to play his game. However if Butcher gets in it can be tough for Ninjutsu to get out. Butcher's defensive options are also either slow or not that safe. Hellfire is 6-4 most likely and idk about Inferno tho I see that one as 5-5.
we played that matchup the other day didn't we? I was not having fun xD

CrazyFingers

though why do yo usay Hellfire 6-4? I haven't had a ton of problems with that character. Not nearly as much as I have with Ninjitsu.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
we played that matchup the other day didn't we? I was not having fun xD
Yes we did like about a week back. the meta being more neutral based also hurts Butcher a lot more. I was surprised u didn't go Unstoppable or relentless which actually can be a handful for Ninjutsu. honestly Butcher loses out to anyone who has good pokes and a strong neutral that the meta doesn't favor him very much, it forces the player to play much smarter

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
though why do yo usay Hellfire 6-4? I haven't had a ton of problems with that character. Not nearly as much as I have with Ninjitsu.
I haven't play HF that much tho a 5-5 case can be made imo. his pressure goes toe to toe with Butcher tho not as strong but still good. also his d4 is generally what would be a kryptonite to LF in all his variations and his flame aura is no joke as a multi purpose tool. I would suggest maybe playing @avdaman who has more experience with HF than I do

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
I think its in Hunter Predator favor against Butcher. I had a guy lay traps in front of himself and chip me out with disc the whole match.