What's new

Guide Bushido's [Easy + Practical] Hawkgirl BnB's

Hey guys, my first post; I know there's already a couple Hawkgirl combo discussions, but I wanted to make my own to post some of my findings.

I tried some of the combos in the other combo threads, and I found them to be fairly difficult/not all that practical in a real match situation. Granted, my execution isn't amazing, so trying to link [123 ~ B3 ...blahblahblah] isn't my top choice, especially with the game's shoddy netcode. I've spent quite a few hours playing around with Hawkgirl in both training mode and in matches. Here are a few easy combos that I hope you all will find useful. They're all very safe options, and mostly easy to execute after a few times of repeating them.

Disclaimer: There are certainly better and more damaging combos out there, but my goal was to find some easily done combos with decent damage. No meter involved.

Mid-Screen:
(j2) 123~123~(forward j2)~43 - 28% (w/ j2 32%) (This is my go to)
123~123~(forward j2)~4d3 - 27%

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to create many great damaging Hawkgirl combos mid-screen without meter or difficult links. Hawkgirl really shines in the corner, and is a lot of fun.

Corner:
112~22~3db23 - 30%
112~22~32b1 - 30%
112~22~22~123 - 30%
112~22~22~13 - 32%
112~22~b14~12d3 -33%
112~22~b14~123 - 34%
112~22~123~32b1 - 35%
112~12~22~123~32b1 - 37% (TheHeroicTaurus)
112~22~22~123~32b1 - 39% (Almost 40% no meter!!!)

Super:
112~22~22~123~3~The Power of Nth-51%

These are just a few of the many variations of attacks you can do in the corner. By far the most fun are the flight cancels, but the final 35% combo I posted is so easy to do it's essentially just a mash fest.

PLEASE feel free to contribute more combos, I'd love to share ideas and learn some more tech! I will keep this post updated with combos as I go.

Mid-Screen, after the 123~123~(forward j2), you can also go with Downward Mace MB for 31%. Yes, it's a meter but if you need that extra damage and got meter to kill, it's there.

The last corner combo, you can add 12 between 112 and 22 to up the damage to 37%.

Another combo that is really only for certain situations is 123~424~The Power Of Nth for 42%, 45% with a jump in 2. This obviously uses your whole meter but it's super easy and again, is only for certain situations.

Other than that though I agree that 123~B3 isn't really practical. At least online. I can get it offline just fine but for something so strict online in a netcode that isn't that great in the first place, no thanks. I'm hoping they fix this and at least give her a little more time to connect it because it's basically her only way for some big damage.

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

I'll have to try and add the 12 to get that 37%.

I was able to get a mid-screen super combo up to 45-47% fairly easily, as well.

I really hope they give Hawkgirl some love in a patch... the 123~B3 should be made easier, and she just needs.. more options. Her damage isn't that great in comparison to a lot of other cast members, her combo potential mid-screen feels limited, and I think she needs a MB move that's an easier combo extender. Certain characters can do 40%+ mid-screen with no meter without much effort, and then there's Hawkgirl who has to work super hard just to break 30%.

I'm not sure I follow you. On the mid-screen combo? If so, I wasn't able to replicate. Perhaps you could explain more, please?
Wow I'm an idiot. I dont know what I was thinking when I was testing. I could have sworn that the combo I posted was hitting for 28%...but I guess it only does 24%. My bad, sorry about that.

Also, is there any trick to connecting the f+j2 easier after the second 123?
Hmm, I don't know about trick, but it is very fast. As soon as the second 123 connects you wanna hold up forward to up and press 2 immediately. The j2~43 is fast also, but you must be confident in your button presses. If you hit 4 more than once you'll cancel your flight. Also, if you mash through it too quickly the j2 may not come out.

When I practice combos I get myself into a rhythm and think about the rhythm to myself. Sometimes I'll even say the number chain to myself. Once you get the rhythm down it becomes much easier.

KevinCow

Noob
I've figured out some fairly simple ones that even I can do.

Mid-screen:

(ji2) 123~3~bf2 - 25-27% (30-31%)
-- There are two numbers because the standing 3 has two hits. Sometimes I do the next move a bit fast and only get the first hit in.

db22~22~bf2 - 23% (MB for 29%)
-- Not too damaging, but it's probably good to have a combo that starts with an overhead. The MB probably isn't worth it for 6%, but it's an option.

Corner:

(ji2) 123~22~123~3~bf2 - 34-35% (37-39%)

db22~22~3~bf2 - 28-30%

I've figured out some fairly simple ones that even I can do.

db22~22~bf2 - 23% (MB for 29%)
-- Not too damaging, but it's probably good to have a combo that starts with an overhead. The MB probably isn't worth it for 6%, but it's an option.

Corner:

(ji2) 123~22~123~3~bf2 - 34-35% (37-39%)
Thanks for contribution! For your corner combo, start with 112, it's more damaging. I have such a problem cancelling into Mace Charge (bf2) because I use the Alternate control scheme. As a player coming from a Street Fighter background this is more natural to me, but I'm considering switching to the standard controls for this game. Back to forward is such an easier motion than a full half circle.

Secondly, I wanted to address your point about an overhead mix-up combo. I'll update the OP once I get the raw data, I don't remember the actual numbers off the top of my head; but it goes something like this:

Corner Combos (Overhead starter):

db22~123~(22)~32b1 - approx 35% (I don't remember if the 22 is there or not, but it's something of this nature)

Similarly: b23~22~123~32b1 (pretty sure this works and does similar damage)

Don't take these to heart, I'm gonna get back into the lab tomorrow and post up some more combos here. I've thought of some tech as well so I'll try to update as much as I can. I'm glad you brought up the overhead combos because that was going to be the next thing I addressed.