What's new

Question - Cryomancer Building meter with Sub-Zero?

Durango

Enhancer
I posted this video on another thread, but any of the videos in the series can show you the problem I'm having here.

As you can see, Kenshi can build meter and burn through it without problems. Amidst the very few times I used EX Hammer, I was always stuck at one bar. Do you feel that Sub-Zero still has a problem gaining meter compared to the rest of the game's roster? Are there proper, safe methods for him to gain meter to keep up?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
You didn't throw a single ice ball that entire game. I'm not talking about random full screen ice balls to control the pace, you didn't even combo into ice ball. You just walked up and occasionally threw out your EX hammer. Sub Zero's meter building is fine and I don't believe he has any problems with it at all. His meter building is no worse than the average character in the game, it seems to me that the reason you ran into this issue is because you're were hardly using his useful special moves at all.

Even without utilizing most of his specials you always had a bar to spare anyway. It's not like Cryomancer needs meter to do damage so there's usually no need to waste said meter for a combo like you always did.

Last edited:
I main GM sub and I must say mixing clone slide and clone toss and clone shatter....that builds meter almost as fast as Ermac xD. I have often 3 bars and nothing to do with them. At least I'm almost never without breaker option.

Durango

Enhancer
You didn't throw a single ice ball that entire game. I'm not talking about random full screen ice balls to control the pace, you didn't even combo into ice ball. You just walked up and occasionally threw out your EX hammer. Sub Zero's meter building is fine and I don't believe he has any problems with it at all. His meter building is no worse than the average character in the game, it seems to me that the reason you ran into this issue is because you're were hardly using his useful special moves at all.

Even without utilizing most of his specials you always had a bar to spare anyway. It's not like Cryomancer needs meter to do damage so there's usually no need to waste said meter for a combo like you always did.
So use less EX Hammer? I started using meter like that because I faced a dangerous Mileena player who kept using meter to start combos and always had 1-2 bars to spare.

The reason I do it is because 33 won't combo into Ice Ball. B12 into Ice Ball isn't safe, either, so I usually keep from using that in my combo game unless I'm absolutely sure I hit-confirmed ahead of time.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
What I've learned is its best not to go for MB hammer unless you have another bar already. In Cryomancer you want to just constantly go for resets using F12 after freezing the opponent. This way once you get them to the corner you will still have meter to use for DB1 after F421+3. It blows up pokes, jump ins, other armor attempts and is safe in addition to being hit confirmable.

Durango

Enhancer
I feel we have not found a solution to Cryo-Sub's abysmal meter building speed (lack thereof). If we don't get something soon, I feel it will be appropriate to switch to Grandmaster.