What's new

Tech Building Meter with Smoke

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Here i'll list how many times you have to do an attack to gain 1 full bar.
I tested after an X-ray.

Whiff/hit teleport punch: 17
Blocked teleport punch: 5
Shake(any): 17
Smoke towards/away(any): 45
Whiff/hit bomb: 27
Blocked bomb: 8
Invisibility: 27

Edit: added:
Air throw (hit or whiff): 17

Any single normal attack(blocked): 12 (so for example you do 3d+12 string four times for 1 bar)
Any single normal attack on hit: Doesn't gain any meter.

After b14 you can whiff 2 teleport punches before the opponent is able to block.
Making your opponent block smoke bombs seems to be the best way, because getting your teleport punch blocked is impractical.
Also smoke away/towards has really weak meter gain.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
:)

After a knockdown like f4 you are able to vary between a whiff shake and whiff teleport punch for same meter gain but different positioning.
Don't know if you are faster after whiff Teleport punch though. Concerning jump in etc.

Also the Kombo starter KOrNb4LL posted here:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3989-Smoke-Combos!&p=114386&viewfull=1#post114386

I mean 3d+1, smoke cloud, it is really awesome for meter building purposes.
Because on block it gives more meter than 3d+12 combo starter.

Dan

KomboMaker
:)

After a knockdown like f4 you are able to vary between a whiff shake and whiff teleport punch for same meter gain but different positioning.
Don't know if you are faster after whiff Teleport punch though. Concerning jump in etc.

Also the Kombo starter KOrNb4LL posted here:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3989-Smoke-Combos!&p=114386&viewfull=1#post114386

I mean 3d+1, smoke cloud, it is really awesome for meter building purposes.
Because on block it gives more meter than 3d+12 combo starter.
Does a wiffed Smoke Bomb after a 3,d+1 xx Smoke Bomb or 2,1 xx Smoke Bomb, gives a safe block or is it fully punishable?

Altsa

^smokebomb is punishable on block with a very fast special, ie. reptiles dash, but the window is quite small. Best way to build meter imo is 2,1,4 smokebomb. After they respect the smokebomb, do 2,1,4 dash 2,1,4 etc. till you end with a smokebomb. Builds meter like crazy.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Yeah i think 3d+12 has much better frames (frametraps?) than 3d+1, smoke cloud.
And on hit 3d+12 gives better combos.

I posted it just for meter purposes.
And variation.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah i think 3d+12 has much better frames (frametraps?) than 3d+1, smoke cloud.
And on hit 3d+12 gives better combos.

I posted it just for meter purposes.
And variation.
Well just 3d12 is advantage, so basically you have a moment to do things like a low poke or a quick normal, or a grab (if you're not fighting Kung Lao). But that's great info for meter building.

How is b2, 3, blocked smoke bomb? I poke with that a lot, which is nice because if it does hit, it's an easy confirm into combo. Also, you can confirm on block and opt to cancel into smoke away/toward to continue pressure.

SZSR

Noob
How is b2, 3, blocked smoke bomb? I poke with that a lot, which is nice because if it does hit, it's an easy confirm into combo. Also, you can confirm on block and opt to cancel into smoke away/toward to continue pressure.
On meter building, it builds 1/3 bar for you on block. However, on block you don't have advantage and you're right next to the opponent. Either get ready to eat a combo, or do a fast jab to try and trade with what they have.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I guess the meter gain and frames are the same as 3d+1, smoke cloud, but b+23 gives better Kombos on hit.

I just think maybe 3d+12, varied with 3d+1, smoke cloud or other specials like invisibility and smoke away, makes people respect 3d+1 more. So you're able to stutter Strings with it, or do 3d+1, sweep/throw/poke and stuff.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Here i'll list how many times you have to do an attack to gain 1 full bar.
I tested after an X-ray.

Whiff/hit teleport punch: 17
Blocked teleport punch: 5
Shake(any): 17
Smoke towards/away(any): 45
Whiff/hit bomb: 27
Blocked bomb: 8
Invisibility: 27

Edit: added:
Air throw (hit or whiff): 17

Any single normal attack(blocked): 12 (so for example you do 3d+12 string four times for 1 bar)
Any single normal attack on hit: Doesn't gain any meter.

After b14 you can whiff 2 teleport punches before the opponent is able to block.
Making your opponent block smoke bombs seems to be the best way, because getting your teleport punch blocked is impractical.
Also smoke away/towards has really weak meter gain.
Great stuff man. Ya, I am very surprised it takes that much smoke forward/away to build one meter. However, if smoke could build full meter by just doing 15 or 20 of them that would be too much because he uses this move all the time. So it evens out. Great job!!!

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Well runaway smoke is pretty awesome for the meter gain but Weaving is his beast play style.

Weaving ( rush down then runaway if they figure out your mix ups on oki)