What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Buffs Kenshi Desperately Needs.

Do you think these buffs make sense or these aren't what's wrong with Kenshi at all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
i fucked around with balanced and they literally need to change 2 things:

1. make the whiff recovery on teleslash better

2. increase the distance of normal telepush to past jump distance (this means if the opponent is past jump distance they have to respect [and block] telepush and teleslash to get in -- in the current state of kenshi, the opponent doesnt have to respect either option and can just walk in to jump range and jump in on you for free)
I agree. Also on his BF2, it should be SAFER, not completely safe. You see in Kenjutsu and Balanced Kenshi tools are all punishable. BF3 and DB4 in kenjutsu I don't mind being punishable but BF2 should be safer because as it stands you can punish these and a character that lives and dies off space control, his Get off me move shouldn't be as unsafe as it is.

Manatee_Warrior

Kenshi buffs plz
I'm so tired of people crying that their characters needs buffed. Just get better and stop whining. Kenshin isn't a bad character, just rethink the way you play
its mortal kombat.... its not really that much of a in depth game like tekken or sc, in mk you have to take advantage of your characters gimmicks and strengths. and compared to other characters kenshi is obviously lacking. one low combo to open people up oh boy, all my opponent has to do is block low the majority of the time and hes 50% harder to open up and do dmg too. all my over head moves i cant combo off of and some of them are punishable even on hit. so really all i can do is continue with my weak mix up game or grab and zone. sooo play like a bitch and wait for him to be punshiable when he gets close while hes wailing on me. kenshi is weak imo

its mortal kombat.... its not really that much of a in depth game like tekken or sc, in mk you have to take advantage of your characters gimmicks and strengths. and compared to other characters kenshi is obviously lacking. one low combo to open people up oh boy, all my opponent has to do is block low the majority of the time and hes 50% harder to open up and do dmg too. all my over head moves i cant combo off of and some of them are punishable even on hit. so really all i can do is continue with my weak mix up game or grab and zone. sooo play like a bitch and wait for him to be punshiable when he gets close while hes wailing on me. kenshi is weak imo
MK has a lot of depth. Kano literally has no overhead, have no risk reward, easily cracked open, can't handle pressure, and his shit whiffs. The list continues...All I'm saying is master your character and find ways to make you're tools work. There Is nothing work with playing like a bitch. Zoning might not be you're style, it requires patience.

Pick quan chi or some other scrubby character.

coconutshrimp

MK has a lot of depth. Kano literally has no overhead, have no risk reward, easily cracked open, can't handle pressure, and his shit whiffs. The list continues...All I'm saying is master your character and find ways to make you're tools work. There Is nothing work with playing like a bitch. Zoning might not be you're style, it requires patience.

Pick quan chi or some other scrubby character.
Kenshi, bottom 5 character. Dude don't even fucking try to say oh he's not bad you just gotta level up. If Kenshi loyalist Pig of the Hut is moving on to other characters and leaving Kenshi to die, that speaks fucking volumes. Apparently not enough for you hear it though. Kenshi is FUCKING GARBAGE. If you think Kenshi is good, or not bad, GOD HELP YOU. Why don't you try maining Kenshi for a few months, playing people who know the matchup, sets with good players and then come out saying Kenshi is not bad.

Kenshi, bottom 5 character. Dude don't even fucking try to say oh he's not bad you just gotta level up. If Kenshi loyalist Pig of the Hut is moving on to other characters and leaving Kenshi to die, that speaks fucking volumes. Apparently not enough for you hear it though. Kenshi is FUCKING GARBAGE. If you think Kenshi is good, or not bad, GOD HELP YOU. Why don't you try maining Kenshi for a few months, playing people who know the matchup, sets with good players and then come out saying Kenshi is not bad.
Hey dipshit, for starters I didn't say kenshin was godlike. Tbh, everyone in this game is somewhat usable and yes you have to work harder to win, when you play certain characters. Do you see Jason players crying about shit? I am a character loyalist and I'm willing to stick it out no matter how bad they suck. No disrespect to pig, but maybe he should level up too. You whining bitches need to stop with the excuses and yelling buff me. Maybe I'm too old school.

Btw, I have no desire to play kenshin. But if I did, best believe I'll find ways to cheese and adapt.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Kano can't handle pressure? He has some of the safest wakeups and reversals in the game so.. I think you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course you haven't played Kenshi. It's only the people who haven't who think he's fine.
You can't 'cheese' with Kenshi, you'll just get cheesed back.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
To people that still has the guts to say that Kenshi is fine, I would say...prove it xD
Against people who don't know the matchup, you can dominate, of course (but this happens with every character).
If the opponent knows Kenshi's many limitations, you always will have a hard time to win. You have to make 100 good reads and almost no mistakes, cause just one can lead to your death. Kenshi needs help now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey dipshit, for starters I didn't say kenshin was godlike. Tbh, everyone in this game is somewhat usable and yes you have to work harder to win, when you play certain characters. Do you see Jason players crying about shit? I am a character loyalist and I'm willing to stick it out no matter how bad they suck. No disrespect to pig, but maybe he should level up too. You whining bitches need to stop with the excuses and yelling buff me. Maybe I'm too old school.

Btw, I have no desire to play kenshin. But if I did, best believe I'll find ways to cheese and adapt.
Yes I do see jason players voicing their opinions

Reo and Jeremiah have been very adamant and descriptive of the horror that is jason.

Way to try to BS your way through an argument

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I also hope Kenshi receives some tools to work with in the next patch.

Just to summarize:
I'm sick of being at -1 after telekinetic slice on hit, while ex version is absolutely pointless. I'm sick of being afraid to use my "get off me" move because it's punishable if you are close, and only safe using meter. I'm sick of the blade reflect being so slow, having to activate it almost before the projectile comes out in cases of fast projectiles. And specially I'm sick of eating a full punish being almost fullscreen just because I whiffed a single 9% space control move.

And these are only some things about balanced. The op explained in detail and I agree, same as the other variations.

He will be my main (same as Fisticuffs) no matter what happens, because I like the character, but he is extremely limited. And now that most of the people already know the matchup, these limitations become more obvious, to the point you have to play almost flawlessly to win decent players. He is probably bottom 3 right now.

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

I actually just had an idea for Possessed Kenshi's F4, Probably won't help much but it's something. Lasher Takeda as a diagonal? 1 which is a kind of poke that he can cancel into a special that combos. While yes F4 for has horrendous startup, instead of a knockdown it could function like Takeda's diagonal 1 ( is there a better name for this move?) So that you can combo off it on hit and on block cancel into a safe move. The difference being this a slow low and takeda's is a fast mid. Maybe it won't help but it's something.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I actually just had an idea for Possessed Kenshi's F4, Probably won't help much but it's something. Lasher Takeda as a diagonal? 1 which is a kind of poke that he can cancel into a special that combos. While yes F4 for has horrendous startup, instead of a knockdown it could function like Takeda's diagonal 1 ( is there a better name for this move?) So that you can combo off it on hit and on block cancel into a safe move. The difference being this a slow low and takeda's is a fast mid. Maybe it won't help but it's something.
I always refer to it as angle 1