What's new

Buffs I'd give Kollector

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
So, I think Kollector sucks. Not just fundamentally but like, this character has no sense of real direction. I think the move with him is to make him exactly like Scarecrow. Bad movement, long normals and hits like a truck, but he needs quite a bit of fine tuning to accomplish this. So this is what I would do.

131 - Decrease recovery from 40 to 25, giving him a meterless launcher. He'd only be able to get f3~shotel rush off of this.

b122 - Allow this string to come out on whiff to give him better zoning potential.

21+3 - Make special cancelable. This shit is completely useless after the KB is spent.

32 KB - Change this to a kounter hit/punish KB. How tf is Kollector supposed to get you to duck block this?

f3213 - Make f3 not special cancelable anymore, make this special cancelable after the third hit (the f321 point), require the player to dial it out completely to special cancel it and make it come out on block. Gives him a more powerful footsie tool but doesn't make it braindead.

There's my hot takes.

What's your opinions? I don't even play this character, but I'd like to see him be more usable and more of his toolset be usable just for engagement and fun factor.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Buff damned bola:

Either, decrease it's start up, increase it's travel speed or increase the size of it's hitbox (whichever one fixes the issue) so that it actually combos on hit.

Added bonus of this buff is that now his damned bola (including cancels) actually becomes a threat like SZ's ice projectiles AND teleport mix ups are a thing.

Buff Bag bombs:

Slightly increase both the damage and the aoe. Increasing the AOE gives the player a bit more leeway to get the bag bomb launch.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
So, I think Kollector sucks. Not just fundamentally but like, this character has no sense of real direction. I think the move with him is to make him exactly like Scarecrow. Bad movement, long normals and hits like a truck, but he needs quite a bit of fine tuning to accomplish this. So this is what I would do.

131 - Decrease recovery from 40 to 25, giving him a meterless launcher. He'd only be able to get f3~shotel rush off of this.

b122 - Allow this string to come out on whiff to give him better zoning potential.

21+3 - Make special cancelable. This shit is completely useless after the KB is spent.

32 KB - Change this to a kounter hit/punish KB. How tf is Kollector supposed to get you to duck block this?

f3213 - Make f3 not special cancelable anymore, make this special cancelable after the third hit (the f321 point), require the player to dial it out completely to special cancel it and make it come out on block. Gives him a more powerful footsie tool but doesn't make it braindead.

There's my hot takes.

What's your opinions? I don't even play this character, but I'd like to see him be more usable and more of his toolset be usable just for engagement and fun factor.
I like some of your requests but I have a better idea to fix this character.
He has good buttons and a tool kit to handle most things. Where I feel he lacks is the speed if his Bola and how it wiffs of several strings.
- I made a custom Variation that traded up mace and hola for the chakrum disk which is super fast, connects on every string bola doesn't for combo it even allows him to combo from B23 probably his most powerful close up tool.
So my custom loadouts is Command Grab, Teleport and Disk.
He is very solid with this Disk and I'd place him bottom A to high Mid tier.

His current variations can't handle most of the cast for many reasons but other things I'd like to see fixed are his F3 strings to come out in block as well as B112.
  • His Mace Cancel should be safe on block allowing him to use it in more situations without getting blown up hard.
  • Up mace is faster but since the cancel is garbage I traded it and rarely use his mid mace which is extremely slow and has an impossible KB in it.
- As for 21+3 I think it's absolutely useful past it's KB and is possibly one if his best anti airs that restands opponent and the first hit is Special Cancelable into full combo and it also low profiles jump in kicks.

Finally If they didn't add his disk to tournament variations then I'd ask for:

• Bola to have faster startup and less recovery.
  • B122 to cone out on block.
  • Mid Mace KB to be changed to max range instead of hold for a year.
  • 32 KB needs to be changed to activate on counter or give him a new KB.
  • D1 to be 7f
  • D3 to be 7-8f but only -4 on block
  • D4 to be 9f with longer range.
  • 131 to launch for combo meterless.

LawAbidingCitizen

Buff damned bola:

Either, decrease it's start up, increase it's travel speed or increase the size of it's hitbox (whichever one fixes the issue) so that it actually combos on hit.

Added bonus of this buff is that now his damned bola (including cancels) actually becomes a threat like SZ's ice projectiles AND teleport mix ups are a thing.

Buff Bag bombs:

Slightly increase both the damage and the aoe. Increasing the AOE gives the player a bit more leeway to get the bag bomb launch.
Yeah those projectiles that have groud DoT and the one after that pops them up needs to have larger hitbox so it's easier to connect as it stands they have to be 2cm from edge if the ground one when the arcing fireball hits I'd also like it to have a longer time to throw the second one to pop them up.

LawAbidingCitizen

Make damned bola not whiff on f122 at max range, make f3 zero on block and let 44 combo into bola
Bola is too slow to connect on F12 max range and 44. It connects with F22 max range perfectly and has more range than F1.
F3 would be better if you could use the buttons after on block.
I'd like disk to replace hola in tournament variations because it fixes Kollector's issues very well but reducing bolas startup would fix most of it and reducing recovery of it would help the zoning. But honestly there is an option to make the character 2x as good without changing moves or data by just changing variation.

B122 should come out on block and the F3 strings should too.
Bola/mace cancels being safe(-7) or just safer (-10) than -16/-18 would be awesome.

They should just give Kollector's 32 string the same frames as Predator's 32 string (from MKX) because it's literally just a worse version of Predator's. So make S3 -1 on block and make the overhead come out faster. It would make the KB easier to get, but still be very react-able and allow S3 into F1 to be a good option as well.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Increase # of projectiles he can parry or it will be useless against cassie, and erron, and their hail of bullets(who need far less help) Too slow to parry correctly. Increase startup or you wont see it parry anything but bloodball; sad because it looks sweet! LET US USE METER LIKE JCAGE TO EXTEND AT LEAST...

Bola is super slow too...wouldnt mind if we got less startup, considering his KBs are hard to do...compared to some..

Last edited:
  • Remove the Air Vial/Grenade and add Chakram (i mean it even has a KB requirement with Vial)
  • Improve AMP Version of his Projectile Parry (why isnt it traveling full screen...)
  • Improve Mace ... does anyone ever use it? Make full charged Mace unblockable or something...
I would be fine not having safe mixups (he got CG in his first Version and Vials in his second).

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
  • Remove the Air Vial/Grenade and add Chakram (i mean it even has a KB requirement with Vial)
  • Improve AMP Version of his Projectile Parry (why isnt it traveling full screen...)
  • Improve Mace ... does anyone ever use it? Make full charged Mace unblockable or something...
I would be fine not having safe mixups (he got CG in his first Version and Vials in his second).
Unblockable High would be fair...for cancel ovrhead mixups...unblockable mid is too much imo

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
My wish list is for the mb parry to go much farther

Make f3 plus one on block

44 bola should connect

And give the ability to charge up mace like Geras and save it for later use. This could buff his mace strings with a slight damage buff or something.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Do something about his db4 parry. It's useless right now.
Agreed its basically a dead move

Changes I would ask for

1. Make the DoT vials recovery faster. Once people start learning the match they learn they can punish your vial tosses from most points on the screen. You can't really force Erron Black situations with it anyway its more of a harassment tool, so make it less risky to use.
  2. Width of Grenade hitbox made bigger, seen it literally touch people and do nothing too many times now.
  3. Mace faster startup, way too slow for what it is and does.
  4. Do something, anything with his Parry. Maybe a successful projectile absorb gives a damage buff/Refills your meters? This move sucks and I forget it exists most of the time
  5. Increase base damage of stand 443, they don't want you to use it into bola and thats fine, but it should still be a strong part of his footsie based offense. As it stands the reward for getting it is pretty nil.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Kollector Variations need work...Im using Vial, Comet, Chakram...No KB variation for Chakram is konfusing...

Bomb, Comet, Relic Lure is better than spare change variation imo...why NRS?

Last edited:

SaJa

FH_FenriR
f3 needs to be plus on block as well as Shaokahn and Subzero' string. Bola gotta be faster to connect to any strings. DB4 needs to be replaced by another special (the best one :D ).

SinkFla

Noob
I don't get why I can't have the better lantern move in BITP lol. I would buff 1,3,1 to have faster recovery so it can actually be comboed in the corner and I definitely agree that mace needs a much faster startup.

Wigy

There it is...
Bola slightly faster and larger hitbox so it doesn't whiff and get you killed on conversations.

S3 plus 2 on block. Which would allow him to use d4 command grab or finish the string. Creates a mind game in the corner for his krushing blow.

131 leads to a d1 conversion in the corner.

I really don't think he needs a whole lot.

Upmace is good but regular mace is absolutely useless. Far too slow, I think the cancel could be significantly quicker but who knows.

His projectile parry is AWFUL. So fucking slow, it should either reflect the projectile or be faster.

F1 is one of the best normals in the game in my opinion.

Other variation needs some serious love.

Last edited: