What's new

Buff Wishlist

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
A lot of other character subs have this so figure it's a good idea to add one here.

To start:

-B12 should be completely safe. Preferably -5 akin to scorpion's b143.

-Summon lightning (df2) should be safe on block at far and medium distances. This is similar to Cetrion's Hell's wrath. Does not combo or lead to significant oki like Geras .

-Krushing blow requirement changed for electric fly to something similar to Liu Kang's bicycle kick.

-Cancel window on strings into teleport more generous. I understand the execution barrier argument, but it's just not necessary. F4 teleport is never consistent.

Things to consider:

-Speed up b3 to 13-14 frames

-F112 completely safe or plus on block. (Absolutely no reason to use this at all right now)

-B2 special cancellable after first hit OR allow a follow up (SaS correctly points out this maybe be too much of a throwback to MKX if a follow up is allowed).

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Agree with everything besides the b2 buff. Raiden doesn't need an overhead, expecially if you give him that df2 buff.

Instead I'd like to see the second hit of b12 be a mid. I don't see why it should be low profilable after a whiffed b1.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Agree with everything besides the b2 buff. Raiden doesn't need an overhead, expecially if you give him that df2 buff.

Instead I'd like to see the second hit of b12 be a mid. I don't see why it should be low profilable after a whiffed b1.
I did caveat by saying either or. I don't think it breaks that character by allowing him to combo into storm cell after the first hit of B2 or lightning strike. Bear in mind, the move has such diminutive range even compared to its MKX counterpart.

But you're right, A few of these changes would go a long way. Especially safety on df2.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I did caveat by saying either or. I don't think it breaks that character by allowing him to combo into storm cell after the first hit of B2 or lightning strike. Bear in mind, the move has such diminutive range even compared to its MKX counterpart.

But you're right, A few of these changes would go a long way. Especially safety on df2.
He can already combo off of it with KB, and there are ways to end your combos in it to set it up (or set up the threat of it). I really like that: it rewards smart play and opponent meter management. Changing it so that you can cancel it into a launcher or something safe or making it a launcher itself would ruin all of it.

To be honest even if he needed it (and he really doesn't), I'd much rather see them give him almost anything else.

ValeDJ

Noob
I agree for sure with these, probably not his b2 special cancellable on first hit, but I wouldn't complain if it happened!

As I've been trying to grind Raijin, because I find it fun...For Raijin, I'd like to see the link on a fully charged db3 after mb db4 easier to connect. I can't remember how many frames this is at the moment, but it's a very tight link, and online is very difficult to connect for the restand.

His df2 in Raijin is also useless, and I can't see the point of it bar combo enders and push back. It has a strange hit box on JI attacks, and where you have possibly the best anti-air special in the game with db2 it seems redundant.

Also the whiffing issue on hit with db2 on a standing opponent can be strange. Not to say I use it all the time as that's asking for trouble, but purely by accident, I was whiffing on some characters, and other times it would it would connect and drop them to my feet, where the opponent seemed to wakeup faster than I was recovering...not sure if I'm making sense haha. But loving this variation for a bit of a challenge!

Last edited:

Mahjunia

Noob
I'm gonna place here the honest buffs I wish.

- Thunder Wave df2 could be a little faster, wish it could be amp on block and safer.

- bf1 amp should be + on block since it can be interrupted, so if we do it in long distance we can try to continue pressure.

- Maybe f2 can be +1 on block since it's a high and you can only use it on long distance and continue a little bit pressure.

- One last thing is that midscreen combos are fcking shit, maybe something that does 23-25% would be cool, like maybe doing 21 to f4 and cancelling into superman or whatever.

PD: We have 3 which is +3 on block and depending on the distance it can be +5 but... it's a high I sometimes use it but it's not enough.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
A lot of other character subs have this so figure it's a good idea to add one here.

To start:

-Summon lightning (df2) should be safe on block at far and medium distances. This is similar to Cetrion's Hell's wrath. Does not combo or lead to significant oki like Geras .

-Krushing blow requirement changed for electric fly to something similar to Liu Kang's bicycle kick.

-Cancel window on strings into teleport more generous. I understand the execution barrier argument, but it's just not necessary. F4 teleport is never consistent.

Things to consider:

-F112 completely safe or plus on block. (Absolutely no reason to use this at all right now)

-B2 special cancellable after first hit OR allow a follow up (SaS correctly points out this maybe be too much of a throwback to MKX if a follow up is allowed).
I don’t believe B3 needs to be faster or F112 being “useful”? Why make it plus or safe? B2 definitely does not need to be buffed. He just needs his current kit to be touched up a bit.

My wish list:
1 - Fix all hit boxes to be more consistent, things like s3 not hitting crouch blocking opponents, D3 whiffing on Jacqui’s F3 (this is so stupid) needs to go, maybe buff the hit box of F11 so it is the entirety of the staff, which will also help with whiffing issues.

2 - Lightning strike safe at far and mid screen, say -19 like sand trap. Start up of bolt and lightning strike could be faster so he can zone/trade with other projectiles a bit better. (I would only suggest them being faster by a few frames, not massively buffed)

3 - F3 and B1 (and maybe B3) to be safer, but will always have to theoretically give up Raiden’s turn afterwards (say -5/-4), allows for Raiden to establish the mix-up of finishing the string or not, as well as facilitates his stagger into throw game

4 - Make special cancel into TP like regular special moves, instead of the current method

For Thunderwave, either make Stormcell reliably block/hit-confirmable, or else make the first two hits push back further on block, even if you have to make it more minus. Raiden’s not a mixup machine. He needs some relatively safe offense.

Also teleport should put him slightly further from the opponent so that d1 is not an auto-counter against it.

Mandolore1123

I’d also like for this glitch where the staffs will randomly rotate orientations in Raiden’s hand to go away, the dragon head ones will be facing downwards at first but sometimes during fatal blows and during the match the head will be rotated to face upwards.

There's a lot I agree with in here so I'll just talk about things I haven't seen mentioned.

General
  • Make b31 pop the opponent up higher so female characters can get hit by Summoned Lightning out of the corner.
  • Extend wakeup 2's hitbox to reach further upwards and forwards so it can actually be used as an anti air.

Custom Moves
  • Give Super Bolt (bf3 punch) a clear distinct purpose from Electric Fly. This move makes no sense in its current state as its costs far outweigh any payoffs it has, of which there are very few.
  • Allow Lightning Storm (float stance) to be performed while in the air. I think this could make the ability more useful and engaging. Make his legs invincible while he's teleporting into position.
  • Rolling Thunder (cloud) should either move slower, not at all, or amp makes it track the opponent instead of just moving forward.
  • Lightning Rod should exist on the screen longer, perhaps 1.5 seconds or even 2. Currently there isn't enough time to set it up and use the threat of its presence to allow any kind of useful play before it disappears. Often times Raiden loses his turn while setting up, or is otherwise pressured before he can make use of the rod as well, forcing you to amp it every time it's used which shouldn't be the case at all. It's a very interesting ability that otherwise seems fine, so this is a super inexpensive change.
Misc
- We know Raiden has gibberish voice samples in the game when he uses some konsumables in battle. Please give it to us.

Mandolore1123

There's a lot I agree with in here so I'll just talk about things I haven't seen mentioned.

General
  • Make b31 pop the opponent up higher so female characters can get hit by Summoned Lightning out of the corner.
  • Extend wakeup 2's hitbox to reach further upwards and forwards so it can actually be used as an anti air.

Custom Moves
  • Give Super Bolt (bf3 punch) a clear distinct purpose from Electric Fly. This move makes no sense in its current state as its costs far outweigh any payoffs it has, of which there are very few.
  • Allow Lightning Storm (float stance) to be performed while in the air. I think this could make the ability more useful and engaging. Make his legs invincible while he's teleporting into position.
  • Rolling Thunder (cloud) should either move slower, not at all, or amp makes it track the opponent instead of just moving forward.
  • Lightning Rod should exist on the screen longer, perhaps 1.5 seconds or even 2. Currently there isn't enough time to set it up and use the threat of its presence to allow any kind of useful play before it disappears. Often times Raiden loses his turn while setting up, or is otherwise pressured before he can make use of the rod as well, forcing you to amp it every time it's used which shouldn't be the case at all. It's a very interesting ability that otherwise seems fine, so this is a super inexpensive change.
Misc
- We know Raiden has gibberish voice samples in the game when he uses some konsumables in battle. Please give it to us.
Yes. I’d put u2 buffs into hitbox fixes because it is frankly quite stupid to have the move that is designed to combat air attacks whiff on air attacks. Thanks for pointing this out.

To start:

Things to consider:

have to discuss some stuff.

- b12 safe: im not really into it theoretically, because raidens has other neutral tools. i think people just use it wrong. given the stuff other characters have this buff seems ok though if they keep it.

- b3: this might cause issues. a meaty b31 covers all three wakeup times so it shuts down meterless wakeups completely. speeding it up might cause b31 whiffing on the long delayed wakeup. raiden loses a strong oki option then.

- f112 has the use to catch them if they expect f11 check or bf3 cancel, but it would surely be nice if it was safe. im a fan of raidens "everything has a downside" design, but when other characters just have better stuff he can have it too.

- b2 changes: might be OP.

Yes. I’d put u2 buffs into hitbox fixes because it is frankly quite stupid to have the move that is designed to combat air attacks whiff on air attacks. Thanks for pointing this out.
So I just watched Kombat vs Coach Steve finals and was reminded that wakeup 3 has a really short hitbox for no real reason. All someone has to do is merely short hop it to win whereas other characters have full body u3's or encompass an area that is suspiciously close to what a u2 should do. I'm looking at you, Skarlet.

We were told u3 is meant to lose to jump, okay fine, but either all u3's get beat by short hops or they all should have hitboxes that stop at the waist. If Raiden reads Skarlet u3 he has to jump more precisely than a roll command or he gets hit on his way down, and making the adjustment can cost him other options. The only useful aspects I've noticed in Raiden's u3 is it reaches further than average and occasionally low profiles some jump ins, but you already fucked up using the wrong wakeup here anyways.
Kollector's u3 is what Raiden's aspires to be while still following the "rules", but all I ask is the hitbox from the actual lightning spark be extended upwards to hit a character's shoulders or something so they have to actually full jump to beat it like you're meant to do.

Last edited:

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Kombat just straight up outplayed coach Steve there. I’m still trying to figure out of there right formula so to speak of far teleport can superman cancel for saftey.

But raiden was able to meter burn lightning cal on block before the release nerf. It wasn’t also safer at mid distance. I was supposed to be a strategic zoning/ spacing character.

They destroyed what seemed To be the core of his move set. Just let him play the way he’s supposedly to be played.

I hate the idea that we might not get a patch until after evo.

To me the main buff should be on the KB.
-On a good opponent electric fly KB is useless. Let's say, we use 3 EX electric fly to launch the KB ?!
-212 KB is OK
-I wouldn't complain if b2 KB remains like this as damage can be high. The cancel on first hit will give him too much advantage. But I don't know why they put again this overhead, it was already a pain in MKX and then they put it has cancellable, and they came back on it in Mk11 Oo

THEN, I will put as safe those strings : B1 2 and B1 4. As Kabal for instance.

That I would appreciate is to change the timing for teleport. It's ok after 1 hit, but after B1 2 it can be dropped sometimes.

By the way, it remains my best chars in this game !

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
To me the main buff should be on the KB.
-On a good opponent electric fly KB is useless. Let's say, we use 3 EX electric fly to launch the KB ?!
-212 KB is OK
-I wouldn't complain if b2 KB remains like this as damage can be high. The cancel on first hit will give him too much advantage. But I don't know why they put again this overhead, it was already a pain in MKX and then they put it has cancellable, and they came back on it in Mk11 Oo

THEN, I will put as safe those strings : B1 2 and B1 4. As Kabal for instance.

That I would appreciate is to change the timing for teleport. It's ok after 1 hit, but after B1 2 it can be dropped sometimes.

By the way, it remains my best chars in this game !
Electric fly crushing blow won’t help him.

It’s giant lack of safety right now and lack of utility of his movies.

F112 serves no purpose. It’s just as unsafe as stormcell so you may as well go for the launcher or Superman.

Lightning strike from a mid distance should be safe. It’s minus 29 at half screen... why? This should be his main tool for keep out pressure. You used to also Be Able to mb lightning strike on block. The more I play him, the more I realize the just made him too unsafe.

The Superman cancel is his best tool because of the safety and mind games. But when he’s out of defensive bar he plummets down to one of the he worst characters in the game.

F112 should be safe.

The teleport window off strings should be as forgiving as mkx.

And lightning strike needs to be way more safe.

The Krushing blow requirement is dumb, but Krushing blows in genera are massively unbalanced. 31% for a throw because I guessed wrong but still made the right read to tech makes me me not want to play the game.

What I listed above are obvious changes that should be made now. But they’re dragging out this current patch far longer than necessary.