What's new

Buff special visuals disappear during Krushing/Fatal blows but the buffs are still there

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Initially I thought that when trying out some of Shao's moves, when the Dark Priest's buff visuals (his hammer glowing green) vanished during KB/FB that the buff was gone. But I tested it more and it seems that only the visuals expire; the actual effect of the buffs is still there. I only tried this out with Kotal Kahn as another test but I assume it's the same for everyone who has an effect like this;

Shao Kahn has a Krushing Blow on his Annihilation gear move when Dark Priest buff is active. Testing with a D2 KB and comboing it into Annihilation despite the buff visual disappearing, I still got the 2nd KB and could continue the combo. I know that if Dark Priest times out before the FINAL hit of Annihilation, you will not get the Krushing Blow; it has to be active for at least as long as it takes to finish the entire attack. So, just to let anyone know who also saw this and might have been worried about it, you still have your damage buffs, you just can't see them. =)

I would still like this bug to be fixed though because it messes up your timing quite a lot on when/if you can get the buff(s) out again and the enemy has no idea if the buff's expired or not. Visual clarity is important in a fighting game.

damn I should have made a video

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Happens occasionally with Kotal's sun beam too. It disappears but if you stand where it was you get the healing/DoT