What's new

Bruce Campbell officially denies the rumor that he's DLC in MK11. Truth? Or smokescreen?

Comments

I hope Ash being in is false honestly, but if it's true. He has to lie either way. The same thing happens with actors who are asked all the time with rumorvilles like when Jason Momoa was casted as Aquaman, people asked him and he lied about it. He admits this in the special features of the movie. So Bruce could just be covering his ass.

Of all of the horror movie icons that could be (or have been) in a Mortal Kombat game, Ash is the one that makes the most sense. Mortal Kombat is gory, campy, self-aware, and over-the-top just like the Evil Dead series. Besides, who wouldn’t love some dialog exchanges between the most badass dumbass (Ash) and Johnny Cage? Or with any of the female characters? He’d probably think of Kollector as a deadite. So many possibilities!

BUT... if Bruce Cambell isn’t voicing the character, then I’d rather Ash not be playable. Bruce Campbell is as essential to Ash as Robert Englund is to Freddy Krueger.

If Bruce can say two pre-match quotes and grunt a few times for Dead By Daylight I see no reason why he wouldn’t be voicing Ash in MK as well.

Unless, of course, NRS is just that cheap.

Of all of the horror movie icons that could be (or have been) in a Mortal Kombat game, Ash is the one that makes the most sense. Mortal Kombat is gory, campy, self-aware, and over-the-top just like the Evil Dead series. Besides, who wouldn’t love some dialog exchanges between the most badass dumbass (Ash) and Johnny Cage? Or with any of the female characters? He’d probably think of Kollector as a deadite. So many possibilities!

BUT... if Bruce Cambell isn’t voicing the character, then I’d rather Ash not be playable. Bruce Campbell is as essential to Ash as Robert Englund is to Freddy Krueger.
I 1,000% agree.

Yea I dont know wtf that pitiful excuse for Freddy was in MK. Might as well have just been a generic demon character.

If Bruce isnt involved then I dont want Ash in MK. Im still pissed they didnt use Robert Englund and his likeness for Freddy.

Yea I dont know wtf that pitiful excuse for Freddy was in MK. Might as well have just been a generic demon character.

If Bruce isnt involved then I dont want Ash in MK. Im still pissed they didnt use Robert Englund and his likeness for Freddy.
Yeah Freddy was pretty disappointing... that's why I completely forgot about him until he was mentioned in this thread. Lol

Worst guest character bust?

If you're going to put Ash in your game without Bruce in the role you might as well just not put Ash in your game. Freddy in MK9 was bad enough but at least there was no dialog in that game, hearing Ash without Bruce's voice would feel off. Even if they did get a really good impersonator.

I generally stopped believing actors trying to shoot down rumours ages ago, especially when there's a ton of evidence.

Jason Momoa told a guy he could punch him in the face if he was Aquaman. Joaquin Phoenix was like "what Joker movie? They're making that? lol" when asked about it. And Cary denied the Shang stuff.

In conclusion, can't wait to main Ash.

I'm sorry, but he's full of shit. I love Bruce. Plan on meeting him.

But I don't think he'd go this far to "shoot something down" if he wasn't actually part of it.

Edit: And for the love of God, we get it. Some of you hate guest characters. Just shut the fuck up and go post it in your status because it gets so old hearing people bitch about characters other people love and can't wait to play as.

Your fucking beloved 3D Era MK character DID get shafted for Ash fucking Williams, Spawn, Joker, and Terminator. You'll either stay on your rock and bitch about it or learn to deal with it.

So a dev just wrote fan fiction dialogues in the Switch files? Ash is confirmed and this tweet won't convince me otherwise.

I’m a day 1 Ash main for sure. MK cartridges and Army of Darkness on VHS were my childhood. This whole game has a throwback feel. Ash is the perfect guest character for me. I’m hoping Bruce is lying to cover the leak

Assuming Bruce Campbell isn't BS'ing (and I don't think he'd outright lie to or mislead his fans... that's not like him at all), a few other theories could explain this:
  • The data mine found red herrings. NRS realized after the PC roster leak that fans will data mine like crazy for spoilers, so maybe they added some red herrings to troll the data miners. If so, the ploy worked. Bruce Campbell's denial has questioned the veracity of recent - and future - data mine leaks
  • The data mine found draft placeholders. NRS/WBS originally planned to include Ash, then canceled those plans but placeholders for Ash remained in the game files. The leak would be legit, but it's a leak for a draft roster rather than a finalized one
  • Miscommunication between WBS and Bruce. Ash is in, but Bruce Campbell's agent didn't tell him yet. Based on "making of" videos, character animations begin with generic placeholder models while actor details, facial animations, voice and so on are added later. If Ash DLC is a ways out, Bruce wouldn't necessarily have been involved yet. I think this is unlikely, but if it's true I'd love to see the follow-up conversation between Bruce and his agent. "So Bruce, about that Twitter Fatality.... Could you make a Mercy version, too?"