What's new

Bruce Campbell officially denies the rumor that he's DLC in MK11. Truth? Or smokescreen?

Comments

Well, a guy in the comments reminded us that Cary also said he wasn't doing anything Shang Tsung related and … well. Rest is history.

So yeah. I think NRS knows we know 80-50% of the DLC roster and they're trying to 'surprise' us.

EDIT: I just realized I'm in a forum where a Lead Moderator refers to himself as Cock Master.

Well, a guy in the comments reminded us that Cary also said he wasn't doing anything Shang Tsung related and … well. Rest is history.

So yeah. I think NRS knows we know 80-50% of the DLC roster and they're trying to 'surprise' us.

EDIT: I just realized I'm in a forum where a Lead Moderator refers to himself as Cock Master.
His name is Dan Cock. The Cock Master is Uncle JBeezY ;)

Just a shot in the dark, but...

What if Ash is in the game, but Bruce isn’t voicing him? I mean, it’s not like having the original actor on board is necessary in the eyes of NRS (see Freddy Kruger).
This is actually a very good point and a possible move by NRS. Cary is the only one I'm aware of that's reprised an MK role in transition to voice acting, since he was actually in the original movie and it's an MK character. Maybe any original non-MK characters being used aren't going to have the original actors voicing them (or their likeness either) other than Cary. This brings up my question of having Arnold's likeness for Terminator... probably not gonna happen. Can you say millions of dollars just to use Arnold's face? LOL

This is actually a very good point and a possible move by NRS. Cary is the only one I'm aware of that's reprised an MK role in transition to voice acting, since he was actually in the original movie and it's an MK character. Maybe any original non-MK characters being used aren't going to have the original actors voicing them (or their likeness either) other than Cary. This brings up my question of having Arnold's likeness for Terminator... probably not gonna happen. Can you say millions of dollars just to use Arnold's face? LOL
If he doesn't talk or look like Arnold, it's going to be an even bigger waste of a character slot than Leatherface.

If there was any doubt that guest characters sell, look no further than the comments in that tweet. I've spotted at least thirty people who claim they won't buy the game (or bought the game) because Ash won't (/heard that would) be in the roster.

Also Kollector has backpack gear called Necronomipack, why troll fans if he aint in game? I know what Necronomicon ex Mortis is NRS....not cool if trolling my dreams!

I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was cool as shit when I found out Jason was in MKX. It had been since Soul Caliber 2 with Spawn that I had been that surprised. Sure, I had played other games that had guest characters like that before, but didn't expect MK to be at that high of a level in acquirement. Then as more started rolling in I felt like it was overkill, especially Leatherface.

edit: I forgot about Freddy... that was pretty surprising as well.