What's new

Bruce Campbell makes "hinting" komment to KP1 trailer

Comments

Just started watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead. So far it is a pretty fun show...but why do people want him in MK?

Granted I've never seen any of the movies, but Ash doesn't seem like a fighter at all. Lore wise, how could he compete?
lol neither Jason, Freddy and Leatherface are fighters :p, and NRS was able to make that work for them, inside MK lore and gameplay mechanic .... Ash is much more smart that all those mentioned slash killers , and he is a badass motherfucker to extreme, a survivor, that faced, fought and won against demons ! so, he is perfect for MK11 ! :)

Just started watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead. So far it is a pretty fun show...but why do people want him in MK?

Granted I've never seen any of the movies, but Ash doesn't seem like a fighter at all. Lore wise, how could he compete?
Ash has retroactively been morphed into much more of a badass than he was in the actual source material. I mean the second movie is about him barely surviving against his 90-lb zombie girlfriend, his own hand, his reflection, etc. The third movie is really more about him just pissing off the people around him and bungling everything before he uses basic chemistry knowledge to blow up skeletons.

Chainsaw/Shotgun/Potentially Book of the Dead sounds like a dope combination of moves to use in a fighting game though and he's an iconic character with a lot of personality. He's 100% tied to the charisma his original actor brings, in a game that emphasizes character dialog and interactions. If they want to get creative, there's a deep well of possibilities with him. Evil Ash install, a projectile that turns the opponent's hands against themselves, summoning Deadites, a Dr. Faust style random effect system where he keeps screwing up the "Klaatu, Verata, Nikto" saying, etc. Even if he's just "a mid-range footsie character who's all about his chainsaw" he'll be cool.

I've wanted Ash in Mortal Kombat ever since Darth Vader and Yoda showed up in Soul Calibur.

Perhaps he'll play interesting, though I'll admit I'd prefer Michael Myers who may still get into MK down the line who knows. I feel like ever since SC put Yoda in there, and we've come a long way since then in FG. NRS could totally put Chucky in MK, I mean if they can put Ferra/Torr who's just looked odd at first and MVC has that little lego guy that's super small and MK 11 has that buggy thing out of D'vorah, I don't see why Chucky can't work. He can have 4 skins I can already think off off the bat. Classic Chucky skin where he's turning human from CP1, Chucky look from CP2 and 3 where he has more hair less human looking, Stitched Chucky from Bride and Seed and Reboot Chucky with glowing Red eyes.

Shang vs Jax footage from the Kast of yesterday confirms the switch datamine. The dialog lines up perfectly with the dialog that was in the datamine. Pretty much 100% confirmed Ash and Terminator and the rest.

Shang vs Jax footage from the Kast of yesterday confirms the switch datamine. The dialog lines up perfectly with the dialog that was in the datamine. Pretty much 100% confirmed Ash and Terminator and the rest.
I thought the trailer already confirmed that with Raiden vs Shang Tsung?

I thought the trailer already confirmed that with Raiden vs Shang Tsung?
I couldn't find that dialog at the time. But could have been, yes. I'm just pointing out that the Jax vs Shang one is 100% in the list. It also means that Joker is very likely coming along the line.

I don't buy it. Unless they're not bringing him for the voice, there's no way NRS made intro dialogues for him and didn't even talked to him about it.

Either he's lying (again), or they're not doing the voice. He's also being terribly inconsistent with his quotes (see my own post a few posts above) and can't trust a single word he says at the moment.

I’m starting to think the terminator won’t have the Arnie likeness. The terminator is a guest in like 5 games at e3 and it’s all the endoskeketon :(

Gears 5, ghost recon and another I can’t remember. I hope I’m wrong though. At least we get Campbell :)

I don't believe him. If you listen carefully to what he's saying, he leaves it open as "he might step in and do a few one liners." He also said online the "looks swell, I'll have to check it out." He's setting it up so he can come back after the fact and say "guys, I didn't lie... it started out as just some kind of guest spot and then they talked me into just doing all this really quick." The character isn't out yet, so he can plead the fifth like he's doing, and just change his words so it matches. That way he's not lying and he's claiming plausible deniability at the time.

I’m starting to think the terminator won’t have the Arnie likeness. The terminator is a guest in like 5 games at e3 and it’s all the endoskeketon :(

Gears 5, ghost recon and another I can’t remember. I hope I’m wrong though. At least we get Campbell :)
With the dialogue in the files, it has to be Arnold. They make reference to other films he's been in aside from Terminator.

The voice lines are all clearly supposed to be Arnold though. There's mentions of him having skin in dialogues against Baraka and Scorpion too. I dunno.

With the dialogue in the files, it has to be Arnold. They make reference to other films he's been in aside from Terminator.
The Conan shit is great but he could just use the lines as an endo. The other dude is right about the skin references though. When he told baraka he was metal underneath. Just seeing the endo as a guest in every game made me doubt it.

This has all the trappings of NRS wanting to include Bruce, but in the end couldn't get him on board. Sounds like NRS reached out his agent who maybe didn't reach Bruce before the leak went viral, Bruce put out his Tweet, and then got word from his agent - and declined to voice the character. So either NRS needs to move forward without Bruce or choose a different DLC character.