What's new

Broken XBOX, lost hidden **FIX**

After weeks of being annoyed by the inability to save and preserve hiddens (among other settings) after my xbox 360 broke.. combined with Xbox live being down for 16 hours, lead me to a solution.

Call Xbox tech support, get thru automated menu named "Max", speak to a real person and spill the following info:

Xbox broken,
can't save certain games properly,
can't play those games offline,

Explanation:
When downloadable content is purchased, 2 licenses are forwarded to the buyer. #1 to the Xbox, #2 to the purchasing Gamertag.

Problem:
By replacing the console you are giving up your license to play offline and save certain progress and settings for any game purchased on the original console.

Fix:
Xbox Live will want a fax containing your call's reference number, and proof of console exchange (save your reciepts)
They will contact you after recieving the fax and on the phone you will establish a new (free) Silver account where they will refund you the total points for all games purchased on the original console.

In my case.. I got a silly asian lady who refunded a shit load of points to my current gamertag thinking she was *deleting my old licenses. (*not possible) In an attempt to get a friend a load of essentially free points (whos having the same problem as me) I got the "real" fix from a guy who actually knew what he was doing via faxing proof of exchange.

Having that said.. I realised the asian lady's mistake will take my free points, download lots of content I didnt have already for free, while suffering my loses for a 1600 pts card and a free silver account to get my hiddens working properly..

in summary you will need to complete the following:
1 New account (free)
2 more points (pay or get refund)
3 delete non-working game
4 re-downloading game will issue new license on your new console.
5 save and preserve hiddens using proven methods described on this site

I hope this helps any of you on your second consoles, frustrated by the inability to save settings and hidden characters. (sorry it took so long)

ZAQ

Noob
It took those assholes over a month and a half for them to give me points for the same reason.

Notes:
Swear(nothing too bad, just show them you mean business and are upset about it and want it to get done with) and cause a scene, it was the only thing that works, they then file you under Important... True story, the guy even told me that he had to take the complaint because it was labeled under Important.

Kazlaz

Noob
those bitches fucked me out of like 60 dollars on Points i pressed buy it said transaction completed and that shit was not THERE!!!!!!!!!

or not...

I can assure you that yelling and swearing at "some" people may work, but the end result is "you" looking like an asshole.

Being polite and courtious will get you alot further in life than being a dick, trust me, because I spend my day to day a proper asshole!!!

So man up and be nice, afterall.. I got FREE points to MY OWN gamertag. If you start being hateful to tech support you will get passed from one place to another until they have no choice but to take it by the book, which requires alot more effort on your end.

A message to people who only intend to get free points and not actually fix their gaming problem: goodluck, you're better off buying them.

As for the rest... If your games are truely broken, Xbox Live Tech Support will know it, all the information is on their computer screens, from gamertags, to hardware serial nmbers, your entire download history and the rest... be honest. be fair, be POLITE.

-Sy Illusions

Scheisse said:
kazlaz said:
those bitches fucked me out of like 60 dollars on Points i pressed buy it said transaction completed and that shit was not THERE!!!!!!!!!
Man up and scream at them for what they owe. It is your fucking money. Don't let those money hungry fux take that shit. Bottom line.... Fuck them.. they have money.
Get back at them by hacking your box. It voids your warranty but heck, I think its worth the risk. I have 4 360s and they're all hacked.

-free

What exactly is a "hacked" 360 horse? Just curious what kind of benefits you'd get... and i've not heard of anything like this working.

Btw this is very nice info Illusions! Crazy coincidence, as i was reading this thread UPS called saying I'll be getting a shipment tomorrow which is no doubt my 360 coming back from the repair shop lol! I think it was only the dvd that went to shit, so hopefully i'll get my original back and wont have to deal with this.

MrSchpfmut said:
What exactly is a "hacked" 360 horse? Just curious what kind of benefits you'd get... and i've not heard of anything like this working.

Btw this is very nice info Illusions! Crazy coincidence, as i was reading this thread UPS called saying I'll be getting a shipment tomorrow which is no doubt my 360 coming back from the repair shop lol! I think it was only the dvd that went to shit, so hopefully i'll get my original back and wont have to deal with this.
hacked as in a chipped xbox but for 360. All you have to do is flash the firmware and you're good to go. benefits?? playing with copies and online and maybe in the future, homebrew. I owned only 2 original games. I have every single games out for the xbox360 except ddr game, jap games and non region free pal games. you can check www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

-free