What's new

Bring back Reptile to his former glory!

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Reptile has one big problem.

Ed Boon & Co like to think this way: We make the cool looking characters into jobbers, because they look cool anyway, and we give the boring humans a large story, because they lack cool appearance.

That is how they work, end of story.

ANYWAY, on a more serious note, I really don't want human reptile back, I love the reptilian features and I'm glad all characters stept away from being ninja clones.
They just need to give this jobber some story material, they could do it with D'Vorah, why not with Baraka, Ermac, Sheeva and Reptile?

I always would have liked Female Chameleon (fuck the name Khameleon) would have been a cool NPC character to enhance reptiles storyline... Like, Shang Tsung used Reptiles cries for him to create more raptors to actually create female Chameleon with the aid of Reptiles blood, which Shang then uses to replace Reptile, so Reptile has some deeper story with Shang Tsung.

And I actually think Reptile not being in MK11 makes him better, really listen.
When he skipped this game, he will be much more demanded and loved in MK12. Same with Mileena. Yeah, I think Reptile and Mileena are much cooler characters than Sonya and Jax, but MK12 will have them now 100%.

Last edited:

KCJ506

Noob
Y

Why isn't Scorpion as Scorpion or Rain a raincloud? Come on.
Well for one thing, Scorpion's schtick has always been him being a wraith/spectre. The only time he's ever had something based on his name was one of his fatalities in MK4 which was Midway's way of apologizing for his animality in UMK3 not him turning into a scorpion. Whereas Reptile has been a lizard creature ever since his playable debut and when he was given a backstory.

Reptile fans wanting the human version of him is the reason I'd rather not see this jobber in any more MK games.

The one thing that makes him interesting and that's still too creative for his fans.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I loved the 'cobra' design from the art they presented couple years back during kombat kast. It would be a great redesign for him and stepping away from the core, but damn, it was so climatic!

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I'm a classic Reptile fan, too. I always loved the idea of him impersonating a human to conceal his reptilian identity. That said, I'm also a huge fan of his MK:SM costume. That, to me, is the definitive look for Reptile. In multiplayer, his alternate color had more human-like skin but retained his claws and fangs. If he was given a more scaly texture on top of that alt, I think it would be awesome for fans of either his looks.
MK:SM was peak Reptile really, you don't get any cooler after riding a giant snake into battle. That is also pretty much the skin they gave him in Armageddon.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Nope, reptile isn't going to happen, they rather use Old Kano, New Kano, Old Jax, Young Johnny, Young Sonya and other like that for bad-guys. The good-guys already had the better stories, so why not give them the bad-guys stories as well?

ugh.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's really odd that his race resurrection plot is only used as a reason as to why he jobs, when it could seriously be turned into a major side story. I don't know why NRS hasn't pulled the gun on actually doing so and maybe introducing a new character to take his place if he's not meant to be back in the game. Also, I'm a big fan of his reptilian incarnations (excluding MKDA). I grew up with human Reptile, but the reptilian look fits him very well. He was only human due to memory constraints, but as technology advanced, they were able to fully flesh out individual designs to fit each character. None of the ninjas look anything like ninjas anymore, save for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Human Smoke, who are legitimate ninjas and assassins by lore.