What's new

Breaking Down Characters In MKDA?

chugfat

Kwan Doa Crow
A very good fighting game player friend of mine and I are getting really hype for MKX, and just for fun, we are actually playing MKDA. We've messed around with characters and tactics based on the Tom Brady guide, but we'd like to take a stab at trying to breakdown some of the lower tier characters as well.

My main question is, what would be the best way of doing this? For example, I was thinking about testing different normals to see how safe they are against fast jabbers. Would a good rule of thumb to be just throwing out normals with a backdash cancel, to see if whatsay, Hsu Hao can punish them?

A very good fighting game player friend of mine and I are getting really hype for MKX, and just for fun, we are actually playing MKDA. We've messed around with characters and tactics based on the Tom Brady guide, but we'd like to take a stab at trying to breakdown some of the lower tier characters as well.

My main question is, what would be the best way of doing this? For example, I was thinking about testing different normals to see how safe they are against fast jabbers. Would a good rule of thumb to be just throwing out normals with a backdash cancel, to see if whatsay, Hsu Hao can punish them?
Besides 1 or 2 strings in the entire game, anything can be interrupted after 2 hits even with BDC. No need to test this, its already been tested back in the day. I never finished the guide.. What character(s) do you want to know about?

chugfat

Kwan Doa Crow
All of the ones that haven't been written about lol, but I'm more curious about the low tiers, Nitara, Li Mei, Kitana, Cyrax. What do they have (or not have) that makes them so bad?