• Breakaway

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Hopefully neither

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Other games have these get out of jail mechanics too. Blazblue and Guilty Gear both use a burst system.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
As far as fairness, this is why I like the concept of the breakaway system from MK11. You can break, but you’re at risk of the opponent calling it out and going for a punish, plus you’re now out of defensive meter and now you don’t have access to wake up options or to break again for 15 seconds.

I think if they just tweak Breakaway by making it a harder knockdown, and slower resource regeneration, along with better callout options by the offensive player, it would work just fine.

Zviko

Noob
As far as fairness, this is why I like the concept of the breakaway system from MK11. You can break, but you’re at risk of the opponent calling it out and going for a punish, plus you’re now out of defensive meter and now you don’t have access to wake up options or to break again for 15 seconds.

I think if they just tweak Breakaway by making it a harder knockdown, and slower resource regeneration, along with better callout options by the offensive player, it would work just fine.
Waaay better callout options* Armor breakers in MK11 are trash. Barely anyone gets anything good from them.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Waaay better callout options* Armor breakers in MK11 are trash. Barely anyone gets anything good from them.
The other issue was that too many characters had limited combo routes, so opponents easily knew when they could break with no risk. Shao Kahn was a perfect example.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
That's fine. I thought Breakaway was interesting and had potential, but Breaker is much cleaner and simpler.
I'm betting it isn't exactly like the MKX breaker, so we might still see the "armor break" attacks interrupting breakers. I can't wait for the gameplay

I am delusional at this point cause I hate Kombo breakers but I hope the breakers Ed is talking about eludes to 'Bone Breaker throws' from MK4. That could be a curve ball regarding Breakers lol.

Let me dream damn it .

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It's probably fine and won't be that big of a deal in the long run. If people really don't like combo escapes, there's no shortage of good fighting games that don't have them.

Honestly, all of this will only effect a fraction of a fraction of people competitively. Everyone else will play for a few weeks, get salty on Ranked, and quit. Or they'll just play online, play armchair developer, and never see an offline bracket, let alone place. Which is fine.

Its fine. None of this actually matters. The people that don't like the game will move on, the people that do will stick around.

And Khaotic and Eddy Wang will continue to be irrelevant to anyone that doesn't post here exclusively.

Same as it's always been.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
And Khaotic and Eddy Wang will continue to be irrelevant to anyone that doesn't post here exclusively.
but we’re extremely relevant to you tho since you can’t keep our dicks out your mouth when having a discussion

Seriously man what’s your issue? Why are you so butthurt? What did I do to you? I mean I know I thrashed the shit out of you in this thread but you brought it upon yourself. You made yourself look so bad that people, including mods, had to come in and tell you to shut up. This shit happened what, 2 weeks ago? Since then, I haven’t given you any thought, while you’ve have mentioned me twice today. Once in a status and once here

There are a PLETHORA of people in here who disagreed with you, but you’re so hellbent on what I said to you, and it’s sad. Why is that? It’s it because I actually went to tournaments and placed while you sat on your couch and watched? Is it because we’re one of the few OGs left on the site so we have to stick together? Na fuck that lol everyone is entitled to an opinion, but opinions can be wrong, and yours was SUPER wrong, hence why you were fact checked by everyone.

All you’re doing is embarrassing yourself man. You think you’re doing something else but you’re not. I see you’re trying to live up to your name on here, and that’s fine, but find you somebody else to play with. I’ll match and surpass the energy every time, like I’ve been doing, and then you get butthurt because you can’t take it and resort to name calling and statuses.

And I’ll say it one more time since it seems like you’re dense. I DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BREAKERS. Once you Start to understand fighting games, maybe we can talk. But until then, I’ll leave you to your “fgs should have breakers because NRS” shit take while I continue to talk to people with actual knowledge about fighting games.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
but we’re extremely relevant to you tho since you can’t keep our dicks out your mouth when having a discussion

Seriously man what’s your issue? Why are you so butthurt? What did I do to you? I mean I know I thrashed the shit out of you in this thread but you brought it upon yourself. You made yourself look so bad that people, including mods, had to come in and tell you to shut up. This shit happened what, 2 weeks ago? Since then, I haven’t given you any thought, while you’ve have mentioned me twice today. Once in a status and once here

There are a PLETHORA of people in here who disagreed with you, but you’re so hellbent on what I said to you, and it’s sad. Why is that? It’s it because I actually went to tournaments and placed while you sat on your couch and watched? Is it because we’re one of the few OGs left on the site so we have to stick together? Na fuck that lol everyone is entitled to an opinion, but opinions can be wrong, and yours was SUPER wrong, hence why you were fact checked by everyone.

All you’re doing is embarrassing yourself man. You think you’re doing something else but you’re not. I see you’re trying to live up to your name on here, and that’s fine, but find you somebody else to play with. I’ll match and surpass the energy every time, like I’ve been doing, and then you get butthurt because you can’t take it and resort to name calling and statuses.

And I’ll say it one more time since it seems like you’re dense. I DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BREAKERS. Once you Start to understand fighting games, maybe we can talk. But until then, I’ll leave you to your “fgs should have breakers because NRS” shit take while I continue to talk to people with actual knowledge about fighting games.
He wants some more of that double D, but at this point it's getting ridiculous.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Started a new thread to discuss all the mechanics of the new game:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
good, pretty nice

so now people can stop crying and complaining about defensive tools being OP and easy to use / abuse, because with these details , the bar meter menagement will really need to pay a lot of attention to be taken before to be used in brainless way, hehe ! :D
Use all your resources to escape or get fucked, i think both sides win, we have breakers, but it's going to cost everything, as all things should be.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Use all your resources to escape or get fucked, i think both sides win, we have breakers, but it's going to cost everything, as all things should be.
yep, this is fair, kinda , 50/50 for both offensive and defensive approach , balanced risk