What's new

Tech Breaker trap vs Sonya, Knockdown Setups and More

Seapeople

This one's for you
Cyrax's helps him in situations like against Jax where he doesn't have a lot of great options to get out of F413 repeatedly (since cyrax can't duck it) or against people who like to use d4 a lot (since his fastest string hits high)

Also for both, if someone is low blocking waiting to counterpoke, it will blow that up. So if Jax does F413 > Low Block to bait a d3/d1 and do another F413, it will obviously hit him overhead.
Against normal characters if I make the read that they will keep blocking I would normally go into the command grab (or more blockstrings if they're looking to tech on reaction) because they're equally fast/faster and keep the pressure going. That's why I'm mainly starting to use it against low hitbox characters or on very rare ocassions against everyone else.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
One more thing to add. When doing b2 on a netted opponent, make sure cyrax's stance is towards the camera. In other words, make sure you can see his chest. Otherwise, the B2 will whiff.

EDIT: actually it might be random. will have to test more

It probably has to do with net height, Ive had enhanced bombs go through some one in a super low net late in a combo.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Here's one more video that shows the easiest ways I've found to do the breaker set up against Sonya. The last part is just a shenanigan that only works if you know Sonya will wakeup ex cartwheel without tech rolling...if she does anything else (even just blocking) she'll get out pretty easily. Maybe this concept could lead to more ideas though.