What's new

Braniac Trait, Chip damage issue

I am pretty sure I am not the only person to believe that the charge one holds during brainiac trait should not go away by taking Chip Damage. The trait itself has huge recovery frames which make it a bad choice during neutral or even between projectiles against certain characters. I feel the trait charge should not go away when taking chip damage and for either the trait to travel faster or a bit less recovery frames so one can actually throw it in between projectiles.

Jermball

Noob
sounds great, one problem.. if they gave brainiac the ability to keep trait while blocking, he would be able to punish everyone in the game for making him block. it would be way too good, so it needs to be the way it is. there are ways to set up trait, it's just a gamble if you get hit, and rewarding if you hit them

I don't think he should be allowed to let the charge go while on block stun although Batman can throw the bats between certain strings because the block stun is so low. I do believe that the losing the charge to chip damage should be taken away since more than half of the roster can either consistently chip him from full screen or once on top of him maintain an unrelenting preasure. Brainiac basicly gets punished for blocking and the startup and recovery of the trait is so big that he cannot do it in any part of the screen against certain characters unless he delivers a hard knockdown.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm not convinced it needs changing but what if Beta Strike absorbed projectiles? Would that be dumb?

It would do a ton to help him get past zoning but wouldn't change anything else about it, though it may be a dramatic change.

I'm not convinced it needs changing but what if Beta Strike absorbed projectiles? Would that be dumb?

It would do a ton to help him get past zoning but wouldn't change anything else about it, though it may be a dramatic change.
If it absorbed projectiles it would be insane, still it is so slow that every character with a fullscreen projectile can react and hit him before it even comes out.

It needs to function like batman's, doesn't go away if Brainiac blocks, trait can only be released when the blockstun ends, if you release it while blocking it will start to come out when and if the window appears, it will still be worse then Batman's because the bats start up at like 5 frames and bets are waaaay slower. Batman can punish some gaps with his, and Brainiac will just be able to get his one out on the screen.

It needs to function like batman's, doesn't go away if Brainiac blocks, trait can only be released when the blockstun ends, if you release it while blocking it will start to come out when and if the window appears, it will still be worse then Batman's because the bats start up at like 5 frames and bets are waaaay slower. Batman can punish some gaps with his, and Brainiac will just be able to get his one out on the screen.
Thats what I was trying to say.